onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticketmaster - More Improvements

nodge

Brilliant this will help me no end I currently have to drive from wolves to burslem to get my tickets like I did a few week ago v Northampton. Pay on the gate days are ok but this will make our bigger games a whole lot easier.

That is the thing, if there is a charge online then 99% of the time it won't be applicable as out of towners will be able to pay on the day with no fee anyway. If there is a fee (Arsenal charge £1.65 for online bookings for their members, £2.10 for non-members) then on the off chance you need to buy a ticket in advance of the game it won't seem so bad. You won't have to spend time and cash either calling the ticket office number THEN paying extra card transaction costs or heaven forbid travelling to the ticket office prior to matchday which frankly would cost infinitely more in petrol/public transport.

I suppose we can moan/praise the facility is once it's announced. We are but speculating after all.

Advert

Why is it that so many posters immediately jump on anything that smells of progress, and try and find the very worst scenarios that could happen, rather than just be pleased that with another positive step our club is being dragged kicking and screaming out of the dark ages?

Just to add, the idea of being able to "top up" my swipe card season ticket with cup entrance from behind a computer screen days in advance sounds brilliant.

I'm assuming (or more like hoping) that if you are not a season ticket holder then you'll be issued with a personalised swipe card as a ticket the first time you attend next season. Thereafter you'd have the ability to top up your card online or in the ticket office at any time for the odd matches you wish to attend, or with multi-match packages as they become available. This will make attending and paying for matches much easier and will help the club gauge what sort of crowd to expect (for pie and booze provisions) as a greater percentage of fans will inevitably buy in advance.

Infact developing the system further you could even use the card to purchase food, booze, programmes, merch etc to save on queues and messing about with change. This is my dream.

I went to watch Schalke in Germany a couple of seasons ago and they have a great system. You have a swipe card which you can pre load with money and then use this to buy food, drinks etc, very quick and easy to use.

Just for once, the scaremongers may well be talking from 'bitter' experience. There is a fair amount of people who are 'forced' to use Ticketmaster when buying concert tickets, tickets for comedy shows etc.

I'm going to see Alter Bridge in the autumn - its costing £25 per ticket. Ticketmaster will add fees of say £2.50 per ticket plus another charge of around £3.75 per booking. Plus, as has been said, they charge you a certain amount whichever way you choose to receive your ticket (print at home/delivered/collect at venue).

People pay it (a few times per year) because they want to see a band/act. At the football, there is a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable. and these fees could be the difference between going or not.

As regards progress being good, to a certain extent I agree, but not all progress is good. Signs that the club is being run professionally obviously bode well, but signs like these suggest its us fans who are going to bear the most cost.

One last thing about progress - do you think that fans of Coventry City are happy with the 'progress' there club made with a shiny new stadium?

I ve used ticketmaster a few times I just count the booking price in with the price of the ticket, usually print off my own ticket something I have not been charged for, they charge for postage if they send you a physical ticket

As regards the system at vale im hoping it will be adding credits to a swipe card rather than purchasing individual tickets which need printing off or sending by post

That is the thing, if there is a charge online then 99% of the time it won't be applicable as out of towners will be able to pay on the day with no fee anyway. If there is a fee (Arsenal charge £1.65 for online bookings for their members, £2.10 for non-members) then on the off chance you need to buy a ticket in advance of the game it won't seem so bad. You won't have to spend time and cash either calling the ticket office number THEN paying extra card transaction costs or heaven forbid travelling to the ticket office prior to matchday which frankly would cost infinitely more in petrol/public transport.

I suppose we can moan/praise the facility is once it's announced. We are but speculating after all.

Being an old codger, I expect a ticket to include admission to the event and the cost of selling and producing the ticket. If I want it sending in the post I expect to pay extra, maybe more when the Queen`s head has been sold. But with an electronic system, adding on a extra cup match onto a swipe card should be included in the ticket price as the cost of printing a ticket has been avoided, the purchaser has done the work on line.

If people are moaning now, just wait till your paying £50 get in QPR in the Championship or £45 get in Old Trafford. God it will be an OVF mass suicide pact. :D

BLVF,I've tried to understand what requirements people have to buy tickets.It would be impossible to implement all of them.I've come to the conclusion ,either people come into the 21st century, and stop whingeing about £2 here and there,or don't bother going.And before anyone moans back,my retirement pension is ****ing peanuts compared to what I earned when I was able to work.Never have I,in 53 years going to the Vale,given a **** how much it cost to watch them.As PW has said we've gone from the 1940s to current time.Why can't people just embrace the fact?

BLVF,I've tried to understand what requirements people have to buy tickets.It would be impossible to implement all of them.I've come to the conclusion ,either people come into the 21st century, and stop whingeing about £2 here and there,or don't bother going.And before anyone moans back,my retirement pension is ****ing peanuts compared to what I earned when I was able to work.Never have I,in 53 years going to the Vale,given a **** how much it cost to watch them.As PW has said we've gone from the 1940s to current time.Why can't people just embrace the fact?
Very true, in the 40s, as a schoolboy it cost me 9d first team, 6d reserves, and the cost of shoe leather. Now my biggest cost is petrol to watch the Vale. But peoples circumstances are all different, we all have different priorities and moans, but we mainly end up watching the Vale, as someone said the other day it keeps us young.

Keeps us young :) ... I used to have long hair,it's all pulled out now watching VALE for 40 odd years and the bags under me eyes over sleepless nights have reached me cheeks ... JEZZ ... :)
I only meant young at heart, long hair was never my fashion, but it still went.

According to the official site with no booking, delivery or debit card charges

And the ability to print tickets at home, also the ability of buying blocks of tickets at a discount

A massive leap in what people have been used to

Archived