onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 1-1 Aldershot Post Match Thread

Valiant Richie

Advert

Yeah.....but we won't be will we.

Other results could see us go up if we win but looking at who Rotherham, Northampton and Burton are playing on Saturday it's very unlikely. If we win we could go up the following Tuesday without playing because Rotherham are away at Bradford and Northampton are away at Wycombe - both would need to win to stop it happening.

I wrote this for the other thread, but it got closed. What's wrong with a bit of discussion about what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how to improve? Does it really have to be so black and white that we're not allowed to discuss improvements whilst still remaining positive? Do we have to to either worship the ground that Adams walks on OR be 100% against him? Really? That isn't how things work in the real world. We need a bit of grey.

I'm behind Adams, I think he's the right man for the job and I'm not seriously doubting that we'll miss out on promotion. However, I do think his decision to persist with Calvin Andrew is wrong. Am I not allowed to have that opinion?

Of course you can have the opinion that you have on Calvin Andrew. But your other post indicated and implied that tonights failure to win was his fault, almost exclusively, and that patently wwas not correct. The poor guy might not be the best player in the squad but is hardly at fault when the rest play well short of their potential for 70 minutes or so and then he comes on.

I'd guess the real problem is that like a lot of people, you thought Vale would murder the bottom team tonight - I wish they had, but football is not like that. Aldershot had drawn 6 of their last 8 away games and only lost one, a statistic that is far more relevant than them being bottom of the table.

As I said before, our last 5 games have seen us gather 11 points, score 15 goals and concede 6, with no defeats so there isn't cause for major concern yet. However, beware those people who say 77 points will definately be enough, and one reckless caller on P and G said we have enough already with 75. He may be right, but I would hate to rely on it.

We could lose to Northampton and draw the other 2 games and still miss out in the worst possible scenario, and one more win is NOT enough (unless it is against Northampton), as Rotherham can still get 79 points and Northampton 80, and Burton 79 too.

Realistically, any team in the division except Gills would ache to swap places with us - we dont have to go to Bradford, we are in form and only complacency, nerves and a series of remarkable results from other clubs can actually stop Vale getting automatic. But it aint done JUST yet.

Of course you can have the opinion that you have on Calvin Andrew. But your other post indicated and implied that tonights failure to win was his fault, almost exclusively, and that patently wwas not correct. The poor guy might not be the best player in the squad but is hardly at fault when the rest play well short of their potential for 70 minutes or so and then he comes on.

I'd guess the real problem is that like a lot of people, you thought Vale would murder the bottom team tonight - I wish they had, but football is not like that. Aldershot had drawn 6 of their last 8 away games and only lost one, a statistic that is far more relevant than them being bottom of the table.

As I said before, our last 5 games have seen us gather 11 points, score 15 goals and concede 6, with no defeats so there isn't cause for major concern yet. However, beware those people who say 77 points will definately be enough, and one reckless caller on P and G said we have enough already with 75. He may be right, but I would hate to rely on it.

We could lose to Northampton and draw the other 2 games and still miss out in the worst possible scenario, and one more win is NOT enough (unless it is against Northampton), as Rotherham can still get 79 points and Northampton 80, and Burton 79 too.

Realistically, any team in the division except Gills would ache to swap places with us - we dont have to go to Bradford, we are in form and only complacency, nerves and a series of remarkable results from other clubs can actually stop Vale getting automatic. But it aint done JUST yet.

Not to blame tonight but come on. Total garbage. Adams can not judge players we will get promoted Adams will last until christmas max

I don't like Andrew much myself apart from he's a big strong lad but why the criticism tonight so much? He didn't cost us the game.

Loft was awful tonight and pope never had a kick against their centre halfs. Daniel jones didn't do nothing going forward either.

Hughes worked hard and shouldn't have been replaced IMO.

Thought birchall was poor too.

It was a tough game and it was a point gained. We've got to show grit and play better and go and beat Rochdale, simple as that.

Failing to do do will certainly set the nerves jangling:)

We were poor but had a feeling we may be. Aldershot deserved a point and we got one. Too many sub standard performances, particularly from Jones, Pope and Loft who we have such high expectations of.

Totally agree mate, especially Jones. Rob Taylor would have been slated for a performance like that.

Out-muscled all over the pitch tonight, only Hughes looked up for it. Not sure about the substitution neither Adams?!

No panic, I would have taken 4 points out of these 2 home games, just got them in the wrong order. Another point and no points dropped against a top side which is another positive. 78 points will deffo take 3rd spot. Win Saturday and we are there I'm sure of it! Tonight not great but keep the faith all!

I'm not saying that the failure to win was all down to him, just that he clearly isn't the best player to bring on. If Adams is bringing him on to be a defensive presence and to shut down the opposition, to hang on to the 1-0, then he hasn't done that, AGAIN. If he's been bought on to add a bit more of an attacking edge, why? We've got Louis Dodds sitting on the bench getting splinters who is amost in double figures. There's also Shuker, did you see his delivery from the free kick for the 7th goal against Burton, how many times has he put a ball in like that this season? Either of those two should be feeling mighty peed off that they keep getting overlooked in place of the useless lump that is Calvin Andrew.

I don't like Andrew much myself apart from he's a big strong lad but why the criticism tonight so much? He didn't cost us the game.

Loft was awful tonight and pope never had a kick against their centre halfs. Daniel jones didn't do nothing going forward either.

Hughes worked hard and shouldn't have been replaced IMO.

Thought birchall was poor too.

It was a tough game and it was a point gained. We've got to show grit and play better and go and beat Rochdale, simple as that.

Failing to do do will certainly set the nerves jangling:)

I didn't say he cost us the game or was in any way responsible for their goal. However, given the defence we have, we are always likely to concede and bringing him on just completely blunts the attack. I am just curious to know what Adams is trying to achieve in bringing him on?

Archived