onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Richard "Micky" Adams

leek.Valiant

Advert

Let's face it, any manager will always divide opinion amongst the fans but credit to MA he got it spot on last night, he made great changes at Chesterfield (he used to do this often in his early days at Vale but seemed to have become more cautious) so credit to him for getting us back on track at exactly the right moment.

I'm not his biggest fan but I might just give him a big kiss if I bumped into him this morning! Said in the safety of knowing he doesn't read OVF!!!!!

A manager is as good or as bad as the results that he gets for his club.

Knocking on the door of promotion must be classed as very good.

When the Vale finally get certain of automatic promotion in a few days time Mickey's performance must rank as excellent.

As with lots of things we never know the full picture. We can pick most of the team, but do not know the players physical and mental states, maybe with a virus nobody does. As others have said, MA has pulled the team/club through a difficult period, maybe his admin experience at Leicester helped, as have the new owners in the New Year deals. He will be very aware of the uncertain nature of a football managers job and be sensitive to flak, but has earned respect lately, and no doubt will return some. He has the chance of a good job with forward looking owners at the Vale, and has wide experience to match, let us all enjoy the journey.

To be honest Maesteg Meg even if we don't go up (we will) then Adam's still deserves his praise for leading us to the playoffs when we started in admin.

Like I say though mate. We're nearly there now, surely we will beat Aldsershot on Tuesday then it's practically job done :)

I expect the Aldershot game to be a much sterner test than most people will be expecting.

Their game today is off due to Sarfend playing at Wembley,so they will be relatively fresh and rested going into what is a massive game for them if they want to preserve League status.

If we score 1st things should turn out OK (I hope) lets hope the lads have gained momentum rather than it taking it out of them? playing so soon after Friday nights epic display

Back on topic you make a very valid point in your opening paragraph,but as well we know,anything other than automatic will not bade well with an element of Vale supporters

We already have a thread for Wildes and Norm tonight, but someone else deserves some praise.

Micky, I would like to say:

- Thanks for for forming a squad that makes me as proud as I am today!

- Thanks for steering the club through administration!

- Thanks for staying with us through administration!

- Thanks for making me a happy fan again!

Two more wins and you go down in Vale history as a legend.

And to all the people who wanted him out on the 'Adam's out' thread. I hope you feel utterly daft now, you ought too :D

We're nearly there boys and girls!!!!

MA's team selection and tactics were excellent this evening. Well done MA. I haven't said that too often this season and I've supported the team both home and away;)

Thats very gracious of you Caroline, but we have score 81 goals this season, no one in all 4 leagues have come near that. We have been in the top 2 for 95% of the season. I think he has got his team selecton right for more than one game this season.

He has to take some credit for last night. His team selection was proved to be spot on and we played that well, this team will be unchanged for the next game and could stay the same if there is no injuries for the remaining 4 games. The balance throughout was superb so well done to Micky for fielding that team!

12 months ago we entered admin.

August we only just had a team.

We had no kit.

No owners.

Our future was in the balance.

We then, destroyed teams.

Fleetwood 5, Rotherham 6, Wycombe 4, Plymouth 4. We have been in the top 2 for the majority of the season.

The we had a blip.

A blip. 8 games. Every team has them.

Some of the utter nonsense that was spouted on here was incredible.

Im glad i stuck by Micky. As did many others. Some of you sounded very silly and will again next year as we push up the league 1 table.

Micky Adams has produced teams for the majority of our 42 league games that have been the most entertaining in roughly 15 years.

We havent just beaten teams, we have destroyed them.

He deserves HUGE credit and if you still cannot give him any thats a sad indictment on yourself.

UTV.

Up to present he has done his job.

When we get promoted he has done a good job.

If we get promoted as champions he has done a very good job.

Up to present hes just "Done his job"

Ridiculous and petty statement.

Bookies mad us 18th favs to win the league at 40-1

They made us 10-1 to go up.

We didnt have a pot to **** in and only just, barely had a squad.

He got us to the top 2 for most of the season.

I would say that up to present he has done an absolutely, remarkable job.

I was really starting to get concerned after the Bristol Rovers game that we were going to blow it. Anxiety was definitely getting the better of me.

But the players, the management and the owners have responded in magnificent style. From this position now, we must surely get automatic promotion.

A very well done to all concerned for keeping level heads.

Up to present hes just "Done his job"

Ridiculous and petty statement.

Bookies mad us 18th favs to win the league at 40-1

They made us 10-1 to go up.

We didnt have a pot to **** in and only just, barely had a squad.

He got us to the top 2 for most of the season.

I would say that up to present he has done an absolutely, remarkable job.

Its neither ridiculous nor petty just a simple statement of fact.

I have no interest in what the bookies made us then or now, they dont win promotion.

Adams is employed to win games, which is what he is doing most of the time, so he is doing his job.... simple really... its what he gets paid for.

When we gain promotion he will have done his job well.

Archived