onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Richard "Micky" Adams

leek.Valiant

Advert

Seriously though, we were 2nd in the league, after starting the season in administration.

Every team and I mean EVERY team has a bad run at this level and guess what, we were having ours.

A thread calling for the managers head when your team is 2nd in the league....unbelievable.

What ever happens now, if you have called for the managers head this season especially in that thread you're a crank.

To be fair there were very few who called for him to go. Others, myself included, questioned some of his team selections, some of his tactics and his use of substitutes as I think every fan is entitled to do. That said, we are having a fantastic season and last night was truly memorable. Micky can feel proud of his team and is entitled to all the plaudits that come his way.

Said before did not want him back but can anybody argue he has not done a fantastic job if he now finishes the initial goal of getting us to League 1?

Yes there are issues between him and fans but everyone must give credit where credit is due if we are promoted. Don't forget last year we could have been promoted in the first season of his return as we were above Crwho (and bar 1st half at their place and 10 minutes at Vale Park we dominated them), playing well when we went into Admin. If we had made the play-offs instead of them then who knows.

If we are promoted he has one season left on his contract and will take us forward to the League 1 challenge. It will be interesting to see what are owners do about any new contract offer in the summer because he is probably Vale's highest earner and he will be probably be looking to get a better deal. With promotion though on his CV, Wildes and Smurfs apparent liking of him, it is likely he will get a very good deal offered to him.

:shifty:;)

I agree that it nice to see Micky Adams given the praise he rightly deserves for our achivements to date.

Though the cynical side of me is saying maybe we should have waited untill it's job done and we are deffinately up!

I think we will make it:yes: but nothing is ever certain,and on Grand National day I just hope we dont do a Devon Lock

Any how nice to see good positive happy threads,showing every ones support for a wonderfull Vale side and there manager

Just a pitty that Micky does not read forums like OVF to see our appriciation :shifty:;)

I personally hope that Adams is with us for a long time. Yes, when he gets **** he can moan on the radio, I wish he wouldn't do that, but he tells it exactly how it is! I prefer that that someone bull****ting! That was deffo our strongest team, and think it will see the season out now. I've Never doubted Micky and he wouldn't ditch us now for anyone, he even said on Radio Stoke that we didn't go up a couple of years ago and called it "his fault".

Well dont MA, everyone back the man!

:shifty:;)

I agree that it nice to see Micky Adams given the praise he rightly deserves for our achivements to date.

Though the cynical side of me is saying maybe we should have waited untill it's job done and we are deffinately up!

I think we will make it:yes: but nothing is ever certain,and on Grand National day I just hope we dont do a Devon Lock

Any how nice to see good positive happy threads,showing every ones support for a wonderfull Vale side and there manager

Just a pity that Micky does not read forums like OVF to see our appriciation :shifty:;)

Nice avatar! Yes Micky has some times actually been the manager and picked his teams! We can all mock him and try and give him our advice on who to pick, tactics etc but look at the league table and watch what Vale are doing. Magic, Mick last night you got everything spot on. You even did a jig at the end and low and behold you went off smiling and high fiving all players. The squad believe in you and us fans, even the fickle ones will come round to understanding that one season does not make a football club. You have a long term vision, as do Wildes and Smurf and ALL Valiants now should get behind you.

To be honest Maesteg Meg even if we don't go up (we will) then Adam's still deserves his praise for leading us to the playoffs when we started in admin.

Like I say though mate. We're nearly there now, surely we will beat Aldsershot on Tuesday then it's practically job done :)

I have been and still am one of Mickys biggest critics, tactically and professionally.

However, he has proved many of us wrong last night. He also admitted his team wasn't performing on Monday and changed at half time making sure we got that valuable point at Chesterfield. His team selection last night was perfect and proof there is some tactical nouse in the stubborn head of his :)

He has had a lot of stick especially through the major turbulence and near free fall of the last two months. So credit where it is due, you proved many of us wrong, at least last night so you should take large credit in that. Well done Micky.

I wonder if the adulation shown to sir John Rudge last night struck a chord with Adams?

He's never stuck around for too long anywhere and I don't think it's done him any favours. Rudgie's days were tremendous and anyone in football should want a piece of that.

Andy - saying you didn't agree with his tactics etc is fine. I didn't agree when we played so deep in the 1st half v Chesterfield, I thought Duffy should of played at Chesterfield etc etc.

He's had some unfair abuse from some very fickle fans and I wanted to highlight that so next time people might show some common sense. I'm probably asking for too much though!

He's had some unfair abuse from some very fickle fans and I wanted to highlight that so next time people might show some common sense. I'm probably asking for too much though!

He may have had some unfair abuse, the fans have also had some unfair abuse from him. Let's forget that, move on and enjoy the moment, it doesn't get much better than this.

Archived