onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams swearing at fans

Davebrad,

You are right he picks the team and sorts the tactics. There are 22 other clubs whose managers do the same. Some of these clubs have enjoyed more stable times than Port Vale over recent years.

The Vale do not have players that are superior to others in this league in all positions.

Over 46 games some managers will get the better of Adams. Overall though Adams has done pretty well with the squad he has at his disposal.

The great start we had has meant expectations have soared and the recent run of results has brought us all down to earth.

We look on for a play off place or automatic promotion, at the start of the season we all would have been happy with that.

Advert

Davebrad,

You are right he picks the team and sorts the tactics. There are 22 other clubs whose managers do the same. Some of these clubs have enjoyed more stable times than Port Vale over recent years.

The Vale do not have players that are superior to others in this league in all positions.

Over 46 games some managers will get the better of Adams. Overall though Adams has done pretty well with the squad he has at his disposal.

The great start we had has meant expectations have soared and the recent run of results has brought us all down to earth.

We look on for a play off place or automatic promotion, at the start of the season we all would have been happy with that.

I don't care what we would have been happy with at the start of the season. We have been 2nd for 6 months (down to Pope being in form, not Micky's tactical wizardry), and now we balls it up.

We were 10 points clear. My cat could have guided us over the finish line, but now we look unlikely to ever win a game again.

Micky is not helping the issue by swearing at fans. Get rid.

Davebrad,

But after the last 6-7 games do you feel confident to go into the play-offs?

For all of those who appear to be wishing us to fail and wish a change of Manager , be very careful what you wish for !

If Adams goes and I very much doubt he will , this forum will no doubt be busy again in a short space of time abusing the likes of Megson etc.

We all know that things are not good at the moment and i don't like it anymore than anyone else , I just feel that some go way past the point of no return at times and no matter what someone does ,good or bad , the abusers will not let go until they've had their way .

I mean to give abuse out before the game has even started , give it a rest, please !!

Hagrid,

For a player like Tom Pope, with no great history of goal scoring, to have been so prolific, something tactical must have been correct.

People make a statement that Adams has no tactical skills and immediately, like sheep, other posters repeat it.

Vale have had over ten years of relative failure and their is a negative and downbeat culture held by a number of fans. All a club can hope for is a season on season improvement on the field, and so far Adams has delivered that, despite the administration problems at the start of this season.

Vale have had over ten years of relative failure and their is a negative and downbeat culture held by a number of fans.

Total garbage.

"Downbeat culture". You havin' a laugh?

This whole fan v fan fiasco has been created and fuelled by Adams. It's mainly in his head, then it transfers to his gob when interviewed.

Caroline,

It's not an even playing field though. One man against 50/60 or more baying fans. I take it you think these fans are helping the Vale's cause by travelling to Bristol and doing what is alleged. Strange logic to me.

I was there. I was sitting directly above the Vale fans two seats from the end of Uplands Stand. I can honestly say that at no point did I hear "50/60 or more baying fans" having a go at the manager or players. There may well have been comments from individual fans that I didn't hear but at no point was there any concerted shouting.

Hagrid,

For a player like Tom Pope, with no great history of goal scoring, to have been so prolific, something tactical must have been correct.

People make a statement that Adams has no tactical skills and immediately, like sheep, other posters repeat it.

Vale have had over ten years of relative failure and their is a negative and downbeat culture held by a number of fans. All a club can hope for is a season on season improvement on the field, and so far Adams has delivered that, despite the administration problems at the start of this season.

This is why Vale always balls up success. Fans are happy to see 'improvement'. If we fail to go up this season, then Micky cannot say, 'well, we improved from last season'.

We have been 2nd all season. Gillingham fans called us 'champions elect' not too long ago. To be playing like we are now, and on the verge of dropping into the playoffs is criminal, considering the position we have been in.

And Micky does not have any tactical skills. We surprised people early on, then got scouted and people realised that if they nullify the wingers and pope we are screwed. Since then, Micky has failed to conjure a plan b.

Jean,

Adams talks of disgusting abuse from over 200 fans at Bristol. Perhaps he has been misquoted then and means just a few fans,

or else I have misunderstood what he meant.

What he actually said in the Senile was ""We had some good support tonight, but some of the stuff the fans have been coming out with is disgusting." That could mean stuff on message boards or at home games rather than last night? The whole bit is here:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Angry-Micky-Adams-hits-idiotic-fans/story-18399960-detail/story.html#axzz2NRaRy6VZ

He was getting far more grief from the home fans right behind him than he was from the Vale fans last night.

I don't care what we would have been happy with at the start of the season. We have been 2nd for 6 months (down to Pope being in form, not Micky's tactical wizardry), and now we balls it up.

We were 10 points clear. My cat could have guided us over the finish line, but now we look unlikely to ever win a game again.

Micky is not helping the issue by swearing at fans. Get rid.

who, the cat.

Jean,

Adams talks of disgusting abuse from over 200 fans at Bristol. Perhaps he has been misquoted then and means just a few fans,

or else I have misunderstood what he meant.

Id be more tempted to believe Jeans version of events if there is a discrepancy on the numbers.

Jean,

O.K.

It looks like one of the headlines I saw may have overstated the abuse at Bristol. It's more accurate then to say he is pointing the finger at a group of fans, or idiots, as he calls them, who have jeered the side and him over recent weeks. He talks of real fans getting hold of these idiots, or something like that.

The accusation on here about Adams and the fans is twofold. Firstly the claim by some that a manager should never abuse the fans, who are the paying customers and secondly that he is attempting to blame the fans for his own failings.

It is true of course that this could be true and those holding those beliefs are correct.

I disagree. He has improved our league placing and pushed us closer to promotion than for some years. I think he seriously believes the venom coming from some quarters is threatening the final run in. The question that no one seems to answer, is what good does this criticism of him do, however deserved or not, at this stage of the season.

Archived