onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Liam dickinson

carpetman123

According to the Sentinel this morning he still wants to play for the Vale and is stepping up his rehabilitation with the Physio and is gratefull to Micky for giving him the chance

Says he has had 3-4 other offers but wants to repay Micky at sometime

Think he will benefit from one of Mickys pre-seasons and be raring to go in league one next season

what a strike force in Hughes,Pope and Dickinson!!

Advert

The signing of Daniel Jones has, in my opinion, raised the bar as far as signings are concerned. If we go up, any new signings have to be better than what we already have. Does Dickinson fall into this category? Sadly, I don't think so.

We're not in admin, we're no longer "cash strapped" Port Vale, don't forget. The new owners have shown in January they are willing to financially back the manager. We should be looking at signing players a class above now.

We seem to have a problem in that will any striker be able to fit in with Pope. Hughes can't in my opinion, Andrew can't. Williamson is the only one who seems to be able to, but he's one of the fall guys. Dickinson would be OK if he were prepared to sit on the bench most weeks waiting for Pope to get injured, suspended or lose form.

We seem to have a problem in that will any striker be able to fit in with Pope. Hughes can't in my opinion, Andrew can't. Williamson is the only one who seems to be able to, but he's one of the fall guys. Dickinson would be OK if he were prepared to sit on the bench most weeks waiting for Pope to get injured, suspended or lose form.

Is it 1 game that we have lost when Hughes and Popey have started together? Is it Hughes fault that Popey is missing chances that he was putting away?

It's the service to the front men that is the problem, and Tom's mini run of poor scoring form

Pope has lost form now so are you saying he should be dropped then?

Pope has lost form now so are you saying he should be dropped then?

No I'm not saying that, but as has been suggested on countless other threads, it's the system. We were playing the the bottom 5 teams for all bar the first game.

Hughes, through no fault of his own, needs "resting" .

If we start with Hughes and Pope on Saturday, I fear the worst. It's a tough call. You may be proved to be right. Adams has to make that call.

The signing of Daniel Jones has, in my opinion, raised the bar as far as signings are concerned. If we go up, any new signings have to be better than what we already have. Does Dickinson fall into this category? Sadly, I don't think so.

We're not in admin, we're no longer "cash strapped" Port Vale, don't forget. The new owners have shown in January they are willing to financially back the manager. We should be looking at signing players a class above now.

Fully agree with this.In the summer we should be looking at out of contract Championship players or at least the top Div 1 players.

Based on one match when we played against ten men struggling Plymouth side for most of the match. Where as we beat the league leaders with pope and Hughes, and they had 11 men?

Based on one match when we played against ten men struggling Plymouth side for most of the match. Where as we beat the league leaders with pope and Hughes, and they had 11 men?

Based on statistics. We averaged just over 2 goals a game, including 6 against Rotherham and 5 at Fleetwood. Since the changes, we average 1.4.

On Saturday, we shall see what the manager thinks, but I expect he's on your side. The last 4 games we've just got Andrew's bottom to be thankful for.

The other reason I'd say stick with just Pope, is to bolster the midfield.

Before his ankle injury i thought Dickinson was a decent striker and for me as long as he could regain his fitness then i still think he would be decent addition to the squad and a player who we could bring on from the bench to replace Pope in games.

Anyone doubting his ability just watch his goal highlights for Stockport on Youtube and then make a comment as to if he's good enough!!

Based on statistics. We averaged just over 2 goals a game, including 6 against Rotherham and 5 at Fleetwood. Since the changes, we average 1.4.

On Saturday, we shall see what the manager thinks, but I expect he's on your side. The last 4 games we've just got Andrew's bottom to be thankful for.

The other reason I'd say stick with just Pope, is to bolster the midfield.

I was talking about Williamson. I can see the argument for dodds. I've long argued for a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation for vale. I think one reason we had such a good start was circumstance forced us to play that formation.

Archived