onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 1-Stockport 2 - Match and post match comments

mr.hobblesworth

Port Vale is rotten from top to bottom. A hapless board, a coaching staff that are too close to the players and prima donna players who think they are better than they really are. The only thing that's right about the club are the truly magnificent fans who are witnessing the slow death of their club before their eyes but still turn up every week and show more passion and loyalty than the people who are supposed to be representing them on the board and on the pitch. They deserve much better.

Todays performance was a disgrace. Since Gannon's departure the players have talked the talk but have failed to walk the walk. They've got what they wanted and have enjoyed the matiness of Grew and The Horse. They clearly have a lack of respect for the two as shown by Louis Dodds' mouthful to Grew this afternoon. He wouldn't have dared to do that with Adams in charge and I'm pretty sure that the players involved in the Stafford incident would have been dropped by Adams, if indeed it would have happened at all under Mickey.

I'm completely fed up of all at the club at the moment. I hate the person I turn into after yet another kick in the teeth on a Saturday and I'm glad next Saturday is my last game of the season. I love my club and I love Saturdays at Vale Park but I've never been so sick of being a Port Vale fan in my life.

Amen to that brother.

Advert

I started talking about the letter on here last night with my uncle when I got to the game today.

He had no idea about the Mark Simms joint bid.

But, today is the first time he's been adament that he's against the board and wont be buying a season ticket. His issue is with the pricing of the over 60 season ticket. Still, it'll be the first time in 40 years he hasn't had one.

In a way, I'm actually positive tonight. There is no way that the board will be able to carry on into next season. I'm convinced now.

anyone else notice that all those on P&G who were against MC never once said anything about Mark Simms. Dont people realise its a joint bid??

They ignore it, just like the board, because they can't say anything against it. Have we heard any sense from WV, Banbell, vale9t9, princey et al about it? Nope, because they can't.

Saw Jean giving out the copies of MS's letter in the Railway Stand.I explained to my mate what it was and that Bratt had not responded to him and he was willing to put nearly 600k into the club.The first question he asked was "Is he a Vale fan"?.I said "yes ".He replied "well that's ok then but Mo Chaudry isn't"Unfortuneately there are some who don't want to know or don't care or both.They've indeed got the club they deserve and are happy with.But At least he did agree to read the Senile on Monday.Let's hope they print it.

Saw Jean giving out the copies of MS's letter in the Railway Stand.I explained to my mate what it was and that Bratt had not responded to him and he was willing to put nearly 600k into the club.The first question he asked was "Is he a Vale fan"?.I said "yes ".He replied "well that's ok then but Mo Chaudry isn't"Unfortuneately there are some who don't want to know or don't care or both.They've indeed got the club they deserve and are happy with.But At least he did agree to read the Senile on Monday.Let's hope they print it.

I'm fed up of knocking when the lights are on but no one's at home Howjy mate.

Micky Adams seemed to do Ok with these players.

Mark Grew is not a manager.

Apart from the last two games before he ****ed off to Sheffield. Thst might have been the start of the decline under him as well. Secondly if hes that good how come the Blades are going down?

There's a common denominator for all three managers a squad that ain't good enough to go up.

I arrived at vale park entrance at about 1.10 today handed out many copies of letter to people entering Vale park - Andy Porter, Danny sonner, doug loft & a bloke who is the voice of darts? including stan Meigh and many more plus a further dictator of port vale name god knows but someone did tell me?

30 copies handed out which includes a pub called molly lees in burslem might not be much but I did my bit.

some woman gave it back saying its pro-mo so no but even after saying its a vale fan of 50 years called mark sims - still no.

not to mention an old bloke who asked if i was handing out the letters i said yes he said but mark sims isnt a vale fan??

my mind boggles..........

So it seems that Jim Gannon was right about some things, not least his opinion that the squad wasn't good enough for promotion. Over to the players then;

Why, now the problem of Gannon has been removed, are we still sliding down the table? Was Jim too harsh on you? Is Grew too soft with you? And last of all, do you REALLY give a **** whether we stay down or go up ?

I think the answer to the last one is pretty obvious to most people.

So it seems that Jim Gannon was right about some things, not least his opinion that the squad wasn't good enough for promotion. Over to the players then;

Why, now the problem of Gannon has been removed, are we still sliding down the table? Was Jim too harsh on you? Is Grew too soft with you? And last of all, do you REALLY give a **** whether we stay down or go up ?

I think the answer to the last one is pretty obvious to most people.

Mr Gannon was right about a number of things

But Vale fans are as thick as pig ****, let's listen to Mark Grew and an avid alcholic and gambler Gary Roberts because they know what they're talking about.

League tables dont lie - average group of players, who would find it hard to get a league Club to sign them other than Vale, equals average league 2 finishing position.

Apart from about 3 or 4 in the squad the rest are non-league or sunday league fodder, the early form this season was down to a taskmaster manager flogging them to death.

You dont get promotion scoring the few goals we manage during a season.

Either way staying in div2 or getting up to div1 - this squad needs a massive rebuild which should include some who think they are indispensable to Vale imho.

Perhaps V2001 can get this "queue" of potential investors to make some proper cash available so the rebuilding on the pitch can start now. First item on the list a decent Manager who isnt going to f o o k off as soon as something better pops up.

At least todays result means this squad can book there summer holidays and there Asda trolley pushing training courses ready for the likely carreer changes coming there way soon.

Archived