onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cutting Ticket Prices?.

old sage

No he is not boring. Horse racing/ gambling is boring and the football programs had it's day over 30 years ago. Don't even get me started on the crap pies.

5 out the top 10 sporting events in GB are horserace meetings.No crap pies there.You should try it sometime.

Advert

I was responding to Nick saying racing wasn't value for money.Cheltenham doesn't sell Wrights Pies:D.What do you think will attract more customers to the Vale?

I appreciate that...

the second part of my post was addressing the offer suggested earlier

What would attract a bigger customer base?.... diversity, entertainment, the experience, value for money and many other things.... but we have to sell the club not just the football

thought i would put it on this thread... i was listening to radio stoke just before 12 noon today and the presenter said the next live comentary was on tuesday.....crewe v coventry. no mention of a match at vale park. then on the 12.30 sports news they said vale could get knocked off top of table tonight but still no mention of a match on tuesday, let alone reduced prices

So £19.75 pay at the gate and £275 instead of £272 for a season ticket?The installment payment method will get more people to games.£272 equates to £22.66 per month over 12 months or less than £6 per week for a season ticket.

£18 and £300+ sounds better...... thats another thing I dont do.... credit/plastic/HP etc

I think rather than advertising the game at a tenner a game perhaps when offering the incentive a buy one ticket get one free may be better? Same price for people except 2 people come instead of one. The more generous amongst us may even buy a full price ticket and take a stayaway along for free? Just a thought...

£18 and £300+ sounds better...... thats another thing I dont do.... credit/plastic/HP etc

Neither do I but a lot will be able to get season tickets that way that normally wouldn't.I've always thought we need to target local schools,take the kids around the ground,more soccer skills schools( my 4 year old grandson goes to a soccer skills school at Silverdale ,he loves it)is the gym still in use at Vale if not why not convert TCs into a match day centre for the kids?Keep the centre open during the summer hols.Don't forget nippers get in free match days anyway but they will need a paying adult with them.

At least 3 hours top entertainment,choice of eating venues,shopping areas,numerous bars,a museum,under 18s FREE.Best jump racing in the world.Cheltenham is great value.

I would struggle to stay awake for more than 30 seconds so what good is 3 hours. I dont go to a sporting venue for a meal (is there horse in the burgers?) , or to go shopping. If I want a museum I'll go to a proper one. Next.

I would struggle to stay awake for more than 30 seconds so what good is 3 hours. I dont go to a sporting venue for a meal (is there horse in the burgers?) , or to go shopping. If I want a museum I'll go to a proper one. Next.

Very shallow of you Nick.You should try it instead of creaming yourself looking at figures all day.:laugh:

Shallow is spending family money on a bet you cant afford. Ever seen a poor bookie? Coates certainly isnt.

Everything in moderation Nick.You don't need to go racing to have a bet.Going racing is a great day out IMO, really good value for money and all the family can go.Any ideas how to attract more people to the Vale?.;)

Archived