onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another Rumor

Dear All,

I should be interested to learn of the general view amongst fans;

1. Local consortium with local interests and commitment, accountable to its fans, shareholders and community (a transparent bid subject to much public scrutiny) - incorporating a lifelong Vale fan who has a track record of invesment into his club and 2 businessmen who have invested significantly into the Stoke business community or

2. Overseas consortium, detached from this community whose motive and agenda is unclear - as is the nature of its commitment and investment (a mysterious bid conducted behind closed doors).

If the report is correct, then the offer of circa £600k to include / or in addition to include a new training ground is all well and good - but we tender an investment fund up to £5m the application for which is much more than just a new training ground - which we do not necessarily see as a priority given more pressing matters requiring immediate investment and attention.

As for Mark Sims it is interesting the board have welcomed his sponsorship for years but do not seem so welcoming when he proposes additional investment and aligns himself with a geniune investor re MC. Is Mark's money now considered tainted and unworthy of consideration?

Some clarification from the Board would be welcome or are we not going to recieve the courtesy of some acknowledgement and genuine consideration of the revised bid given the possiblity of some US money coming to the club?

I await with interest comments generally.

Regards.

Advert

Brian malzaek organised the USA trip, he is the bloke who worked wth the Selman Group, another potential investor/ working partner, the board brushed aside.

And the club still owe and are brushing aside the substantial five figure sum that they owe the broker for the arrangement of the USA Tour:yes:

A deal like this would not win back those opposed top them, and surely it would lose those anti-mo/pro-board posters who have fiercely argued that they dont want investment from a non vale fan or from a foreign investor (especially since mark simms is a vale fan). This deal, if true, will show them for what they are.

It would also prove that self preservation is more important than the club.

If it is the guy who is arranging the US trip, Bill will say he has justified his commitment to the club by doing this.

The consortium that came across last November are not associated in any way with Brian Melzack the guy that's set up the US tour but it is the same persons thats introduced the Texans and Melzack to the club.

if this investment falls within the 24.9% can the board just accept it without the shareholders say so? if the answer is yes which i believe it is

where does this leave mo and mark and the egm?

hi lb, not sure if you saw my earlier post so i've requoted it here, if this investment is accepted what will mo do?

i take it you and marks advisors have recieved nothing from the club regarding your revised bid?

the press of course are aligned to the board how do you aim to counter this ?

questions i know you may not be able to answer at this moment but valid nevertheless

TLB,

Have you had any comments or replies from Port Vale FC to the new, revised bid from Mo Chaudry and Mark Sims?

Dear Ian,

A resounding silence so far - save for The Sentinel letters criticising Mo and besmirching his character. Most disappointing really.

We sit back and await a formal response.

The revised bid was notified to the Board by Solicitor's letter on Friday, by OVF in a post to Mr Deakin, through The Sentinel, and on Mo's website. I think we have touched all bases.

Regards.

Dear Ian,

A resounding silence so far - save for The Sentinel letters criticising Mo and besmirching his character. Most disappointing really.

We sit back and await a formal response.

The revised bid was notified to the Board by Solicitor's letter on Friday, by OVF in a post to Mr Deakin, through The Sentinel, and on Mo's website. I think we have touched all bases.

Regards.

do you think the board will allow you to carry out due dilligence on a share purchase of 24.9%? cant imagine they would let me if was to purchase 24.9%

its an 'investment' not a takeover.

not been critical i just dont want this to be an obstacle.

due dilligence is all well and good but i think we both know the books will look ropey at best and surely Mo is interested in where the company could go and not where its been to a certain extent?

Archived