SuperValiant1876

Who should start?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start?

• Dodds
    • Williamson
    • Andrew

Advert

Anyway out of the options i've gone for Calvin Andrew.

He's got his chance to prove himself now before his contract ends in Jan or his league football career may well be over.

Sorry but we can't afford to experiment Volcano and please don't erupt at my comment;)

Get Dodds back into the team.

We started the season playing 4/2/3/1 not 4/4/2.

Dodds is a 10 goals a season attacking midfielder but is also an intelligent and creative player who links the play.

Another reason to play Dodds is that it gives a five man midfield and teams can't play through us and have to play the long ball

which is bread and butter to a couple of giant centre backs but let a team play through midfield and slide a ball through on the deck to make these slow centre backs turn then expect trouble.

Keep Williamson as a "super sub" and used or not on the hour mark or the last quarter hour psychologically the threat is there

and Dodds can be kept fresh by going off early every other game or so.

Do not play or sign another big centre forward to play alongside Pope and invade that space and duplicate the work Pope does

and in short get in the way of Pope and disrupt the team and put Pope off this rich scoring run.

Put simply two centre backs mark Pope and thus Port Vale have an extra man available and can play football but put two players upfront playing back to goal and everyone has to watch hoofball....and fans of hoofball can watch Stoke Rugby Club.

Has to be Dodds. He goes deep which is always a problem for defenders and has the vision of a midfielder.

This "he doesn't score enough goals" argument is silly. Not all strikers are goal machines but they can create space and bring in the rest of the players. Dodds provides far more than he scores and his help to the midfield shouldn't be overlooked.

I suggest anyone with any doubts about his finishing should watch the Fleetwood goals.

Has to be Dodds. He goes deep which is always a problem for defenders and has the vision of a midfielder.

This "he doesn't score enough goals" argument is silly. Not all strikers are goal machines but they can create space and bring in the rest of the players. Dodds provides far more than he scores and his help to the midfield shouldn't be overlooked.

I suggest anyone with any doubts about his finishing should watch the Fleetwood goals.

And yet he'll still get into double figures this season - as will Vincent and Myrie-Williams. It's a great striking four. Dodds doubles up as a striker and a midfielder. No-one else at the club does that

I couldn't have put that better myself mate. I wonder if Louis gets fed up of being almost continually being dropped to the bench for doing what he is obviously told to do?.

I only know of one man who could play in defence midfield and score goals as well and that man is.....Clark Kent yes Superman. So until we sign him we are best sticking with 'Super Lou'

Archived