onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JMW - 7 Goals

Samwelo

Advert

According to some brain surgeons on this site penalties don't / shouldn't count aka Rico!!

How do you compare Ashleys 6 from open play with Myrie's 7 with 5 pens? It's like the BBC sports personality.

Sadly, the person who has won the penalty gets quickly forgotten. Perhaps they should get half a goal each. On Saturday, Myrie got it and scored it. Has Myrie won 2 of the penalties with Pope, Yates and who was the other.

I think we need to start trying another trick from the free kicks on the edge of the box.

Maybe we should put Pope with a **** midfield for an equal comparison with Richards? ;)

(Not taking anything away from Pope this season, he has been class, but clearly having JMW and Vincent has helped him).

I'd say that Richards not being in the side is the main reason why Tom Pope has been different class this season. Everything went through Marc. Having decent service from out wide is also a big factor of course, and we should credit Pope for getting himself in the best shape I should imagine he's ever been in.

I'd say that Richards not being in the side is the main reason why Tom Pope has been different class this season. Everything went through Marc. Having decent service from out wide is also a big factor of course, and we should credit Pope for getting himself in the best shape I should imagine he's ever been in.

I don't disagree with that at all Beechy. Not sure why Richards has to be brought into most threads though (I appreciate it wasn't you who brought him up). Richards was good for us in a different era with a different team around him. Pope is good for us now. Why do we need to compare the two?

I don't disagree with that at all Beechy. Not sure why Richards has to be brought into most threads though (I appreciate it wasn't you who brought him up). Richards was good for us in a different era with a different team around him. Pope is good for us now. Why do we need to compare the two?

I agree. They're both different types of forwards anyway. This seasons Pope is much more of a goal poacher than Rico ever was.

Richards deserves respect for his service to the club and I'm sure he'll get a good round of applause. There'll no doubt be one or two muppets that boo him but every club in the land has it's village idiots. I also don't believe for one moment that Rico would celebrate should he score against us - unless he's given a load if stick beforehand!

I agree. They're both different types of forwards anyway. This seasons Pope is much more of a goal poacher than Rico ever was.

Richards deserves respect for his service to the club and I'm sure he'll get a good round of applause. There'll no doubt be one or two muppets that boo him but every club in the land has it's village idiots. I also don't believe for one moment that Rico would celebrate should he score against us - unless he's given a load if stick beforehand!

Really Beechy??

I personally think he will get hell from the fans.

its a tough one ST, i hope he does not, still comes back to watch the vale when he can and only left as the wage difference was daft

Totally understand, however youre average supporter will see him as having jumped ship. Lets face it, he was hardly adored by the masses when he was here.

I expect his every touch will be booed. I also expect he will score past us, or get sent off, or both!

Why do we have to compare pope this season with Rico last season? Why not compare rico and pope last season with the same team around them? Doesn't fit the agenda I suppose.

What pope has achieved is awesome and he should be held in high esteem by all, by why that's used as a reason to slate someone else I don't know?

Rico went because he was offered a much better wage elsewhere, and at his age it could be the last decent contract he gets. Also, Chesterfield were seen as bigger favourites to go up than we were before the season got underway. The fact that he turned down a couple of moves during his time at the club should not be forgotten, neither should the fact that he was our top scorer over the last few years.

RICO will get a clap from me before the game. He's earnt that much. All bets are off as soon as the game kicks off though. He's pretty guaranteed to score though, isn't he?!

Same, I've got nothing against him. I'll applaud him as he has done a lot for the club. During the match my heart will be in my mouth every time he touches the ball. He knows where the back of the net is at VP!!

Archived