onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ref chant

Poevfc

Advert

I will have to take issue with that as I did indeed criticise the Rochdale offical in the original Sam Morsy thread for his poor handling of Rochdale's rough house tactics and distinct inability to play a glaring advantage late on.

That said people spout off all too soon and are far too quick to judge officials when they have never passed an exam and don't know all of the laws of the game. Getting on the back of officials only leads to the detriment of your team and certainly serves absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

Oh and i'm not a 'bit of a part time referee' :razz:

Hi REP, I penned this Poem for OVF 10 years ago. Some things stay the same eh! ;)

The one that aways amuses me is people shouting last man he has to go. There is no rule that says last man but people still think there is thanks to the TV.

No but if you're trying to establish if DOGSO has taken place then it would be one of the main factors you would take into consideration.

I'm glad it amuses you anyway. Everybody loves a smug referee.

how did it go

It was years ago, but it went something like this although I stand to be corrected -

"As I walked up the steps of the Bycars there lay this poor city fan, there was blood pouring out of his forehead and these were the last words he said, won't you bury me under the Bycars, wont you bury me under the sun, won't you bury me under the Bycars cos my duty to football is done."

"Now when I go to watch Port Vale I think of that poor city fan, if he'd grown up and followed the vale he might have grown up to be a man"

"Now Port Vale fans are very fair they don't scratch, bite or pull your hair, just a swift right boot to the forehead and then they will leave you for dead."

Had to really dust off the grey cells for this one and I may be a bit wrong on some parts.

No but if you're trying to establish if DOGSO has taken place then it would be one of the main factors you would take into consideration.

DOGSO..denial of a goal scoring opportunity?..it's just like being on Pointless :)

It is curious though that many of the so called experts on TV and radio will say words to the efect of "He had to go as he was the last man"..You even see players appealing for offside direct from throw ins which makes you think do they really know the laws of their own game? I suspect some do not

DOGSO..denial of a goal scoring opportunity?..it's just like being on Pointless :)

It is curious though that many of the so called experts on TV and radio will say words to the efect of "He had to go as he was the last man"..You even see players appealing for offside direct from throw ins which makes you think do they really know the laws of their own game? I suspect some do not

The media have a lot to answer for - e.g. "He's won a free kick or "He's won a penalty. Those 2 phrases really rub me up, aren't they condoning cheating?

It's amuses me simply because we live in a sheep mentality world. Just because something is said on the TV it suddenly becomes fact.

I have heard people say last man when the player is running towards the corner flag.

The game these days is full of cheats, some at the level of diving in the box to get a penalty to simply appealing for a throw in that they knew they kicked out. The ref is to blame some of the time but it would help if players were more honest. I have heard managers telling young players to appeal for everything as you might get it. That’s the real shame of the modern game.

Archived