onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Threadbare squad... What do we need?

PV1993

Ok so we haven't had the biggest of squads this year. It's strange when you hear other managers complaining of injuries like Aidy Boothroyd. I'm not saying he can't but our squad is as threadbare as they come. Hopefully when the takeovers completed we'll get a few fresh faces in - but what do we need that would make an impact on the first team?

The team so far

Goal keepers: Chris Neal, Sam Johnson

Defenders: Adam Yates (RB/RWB), Richard Duffy (CB/RB), John McCombe (CB), Clayton McDonald (CB), Gareth Owen (CB), Joe Davis (CB)

Midfielders: Jennison Myrie-Williams (RW/RM), Darren Murphy (CDM), Kingsley James (CDM/CB), Chris Shuker (CM/RM), Sam Morsy (CM), Ryan Burge (CM), Doug Loft (CM/LB) Ashley Vincent (LW/LM), Rob Taylor (LM/LW/LB)

Strikers: Tom Pope (ST), Ben Williamson (ST), Louis Dodds (ST/CAM)

I'd say in order to strengthen we need:

Left Back - Not someone who can play there, but an actual left back. I can't remember the last time we had an actual left back... Damien McCrory was decent for us a few years ago and has done well at Burton and Dagenham

Centre Back - Who can also do a job at left back, and has a bit of pace. We had this in Lee Collins. Although I wouldn't generally look to the past he is one player I'd like to have back.

Right Midfielder - Someone that can play anywhere up the right hand side with a bit of pace, like Rob Taylor - that can pressure the first team whilst also providing cover for a few areas and is able to make an impact from the bench. I've always liked Izaak Reid for that

Striker - An all round striker that can plug the hole if Pope gets injured - Maybe take a chance on someone scoring in non league? Although this could just be a loan signing IF the Pope were to get injured.

I'd maybe look to shift Owen on loan as he's getting on a bit and wants to play some first team football, which I don't think he'll get here. He must be 4th or 5th choice centre half, even when fully fit. But I'd keep everyone else!

We've got a decent squad already, as shown so far this season! But we do need a bit more back up. I think this would be our strongest team:

---------------------Neal----------------------

-----------------------------------------------

--Yates*---McCombe---McDonald---(New LB)*-- *Or Duffy/(New CB/LB)

---------------Morsy-------Loft----------------

---------------------Dodds--------------------

---JMW------------------------------Vincent---

---------------------Pope----------------------

Bench:

Johnson

Duffy

(New CB/LB)

(New RM/RW/RB)

Burge/Shuker

Taylor

Williamson

Can't wait for the York game, as it'll be my first game in a while (In Bangor Uni exhile at present!) :D UTV!

Advert

maybe with Morsy out against York maybe we could put Dodds in the centre giving us the attacking option and keep Ben Williamsonon because he seems to not have much luck atm with starting and then being brought off with not doing anything wrong.... I agree we need a left back but if Adams wants to keep playing Loft there we need a centre mid- just because Burge is our only steady CM IMO as morsy can make rash challenges, murphy is hardly fit and the games ive seen shuker he looked light weight and got over run(probably dueto playing out of position)

Looking forward to the York game as its my first game since Gillingham (also a Bangor Uni exhile)

maybe with Morsy out against York maybe we could put Dodds in the centre giving us the attacking option and keep Ben Williamsonon because he seems to not have much luck atm with starting and then being brought off with not doing anything wrong.... I agree we need a left back but if Adams wants to keep playing Loft there we need a centre mid- just because Burge is our only steady CM IMO as morsy can make rash challenges, murphy is hardly fit and the games ive seen shuker he looked light weight and got over run(probably dueto playing out of position)

Looking forward to the York game as its my first game since Gillingham (also a Bangor Uni exhile)

Ahh nice. Going home for reading week I take it?

I also use valiantplayer but my mate always texts me before valiant player tells us we scored!! I only brought 3 packets of Oatcakes and they were gone within the first 3 weeks. Yes I'm in halls im in Reichel, are you in halls?

I also use valiantplayer but my mate always texts me before valiant player tells us we scored!! I only brought 3 packets of Oatcakes and they were gone within the first 3 weeks. Yes I'm in halls im in Reichel, are you in halls?

Yeah, I'm in Peris :)

It would be a mark of intent if Wildes "flashed the cash" as it were and got Collins and Pearce signed up on loan to permanent deals with 50k handed back to Barnsley as a refund for Lee Collins and a cheeky 100k deal for Kristian Pearce.....the sort of quality defenders with the pace needed for league 1 and higher.....both are out of favour and would be excellent signings for a club with ambition.

Purcell could be waiting on a call from Adams and Dickinson will continue to rehab and train at Vale and sign in the summer ready for next season in league 1.

We need to come out of administration and we need that nice mr wildes to get his wallet out and we need our astute,beloved manager to sign a few players that are superior to those on the books, who will vastly improve the squad without disrupting dressing room harmony and race away with this league and it's poor match officials and go up as champions and that's just for starters.I'm not asking for the earth just a natural progression from the good start we've made

Archived