onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Valiant Player

PV1993

Advert

Make that FOUR minutes! Just emailed Valiant World. Not expecting any interest from them but the delay is ridiculous. Would be interested to know if anyone listening on the radio noticed a time delay. Or if anyone could listen to both simultaneously and confirm exactly how much is the delay.

Sorry to whine, people, but when you are 4,500 miles from VP these things matter.

Great win! Up the Vale!

What ISP and broadband tariff are you on Tone? Latency like 4 minutes sounds like a big network problem peering between Texas and the UK.

On Verizon Fios fiber optic cable showing 130bps, mate. same as I have been for years except just upgraded to higher upload/download. Noticed a small delay in the the past but never like this. At first I thought it was just Twitter that was highlighting the problem, but I have always kept up on OVF and never noticed a big issue.

I'm curious.

130mbps? Byte or bit?

Either an Atlantic problem between North America and the UK or a disruption in your local area.

Sorry, 130 Mbps is my wireless network connection. My internet speed test shows 7.51 Mbps download and 11.69 Mbps upload, which is way below where it should be. I need to contact my service provider. But I still doubt that is the reason.

The most annoying bit is the way it never refreshes the scores. Alway at 0-0 and if you click on another league and come back, it gives you the score for a few minutes and then goes back to 0-0.

However, it is better than not listening to the game when out of the country so I am gratefull to having it.

Valiant Player worked for me today in Massachusetts (3000 miles from UK), coverage was uninterrupted, we have Verizon Fios. When Doha put the link up on OVF I clicked onto it whilst listening on Valiant Player just to see if it worked, I did get the commentary and the sound from both appeared synchronised for the few seconds I had both playing.

In the past I've had a few problems, Crewe vs Vale (at Crewe) last season I couldn't get the commentary at all (the ISP was Charter not Verizon) and there was one time since where I kept losing the commentary. Usually if I lose the commentary a re-boot does the trick, when I contacted the Valiant Player people they suggested I access Valiant Player via Googlechrome rather than Google.

I have the same issue with live scores on Valiant Player but can't be bothered to enquire why, the commentary is the important bit.

Interesting to have your input, Paul although the comparison you did was not the same as what I was pointing to. This is not the first game that I have noticed it but it has been just this season. The time lag can be verified a number of ways, but I noticed a tweet from the Official PVFC account a couple of minutes before the penalty was given in the commentary. And the same with a couple of our goals, up to 4 minutes in one case. I have never noticed it before, when reading the OVF thread, for example. I guess I just have to stop following other sites and just listen. :)

I was listening to the game in Florida and didn't notice any delay whilst keeping on line with OVF at the same time. I lost transmission about six times though and after rebooting the first time I then found that that if I clicked onto the Wycombe commentary I could then switch straight back without losing any commentary.

Archived