onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Atmosphere

andy jones

The atmosphere was very good indeed. Particular second half when attacking the Rotherham fans. Top of the railway stand was in good voice.

It always better when an away team bring a following, pity that only a few more teams will bring over 500.

Hopefully if results continue then the ground will be bouncing every home game. The players appreciated it as a couple of players tweeted after the game how good the fans were.

Advert

Let's not get carried away, it was a great feel good factor but there was 5k in ground with something like a 18k capacity at the moment, I can remember the place maxed out and rocking on numerous occasions but nowadays just a few thousand and we're wan king ourselves off! It was good but a touch of reality please people.

talking of reality, when exactly was the place "maxed out"

talking of reality what's our average in l2 like compared to our recent crowds in l1 or even the championship

i like reality

Wasn't that when we played Watford in the FA Cup?

stoke [ first derby game ], tottenham, watford, arsenal [ 13,000 my **** ], man u, bristol rovers [play off ] im struggling to think of any other times we were near to be maxed out [ in the seasons i have gone ] im sure others may recall more

however back in reality, its rarely been maxed out, or close to it

Just listened to that Tosh. I couldn't make the game as was in Krakow for my stag do. couldn't believe the score when I checked. Listening to that clip has had me welling up. Sounded incredible. Can't believe I wasn't there. So flipping pleased for Tom Pope. He deserves that so much.

It's not hard to find another 1500 fans as I think most of the regular posters on here don't go because they don't like glad all over.

What excuse will they use next?

stoke [ first derby game ], tottenham, watford, arsenal [ 13,000 my **** ], man u, bristol rovers [play off ] im struggling to think of any other times we were near to be maxed out [ in the seasons i have gone ] im sure others may recall more

however back in reality, its rarely been maxed out, or close to it

Everton ? Liverpool 1964:laugh:

talking of reality, when exactly was the place "maxed out"

talking of reality what's our average in l2 like compared to our recent crowds in l1 or even the championship

i like reality

I remember watching the Vale play Aston Villa in the cup,I stood on the Bycars,the gate that day was 49,500

Unfortunately I was.I went to that game with my Mum ,Dad,Nan,Brother and Sister :razz:.I think officially it said there was 42,000 on the ground but that didn't include about 10,000 who got in for free.;)

I think you are thinking of the cup replay V Liverpool in the sixties

The Fifth Round draw saw Vale face a home tie with Aston Villa, another second tier club. A still-standing club-record attendance of 49,768 turned up for the game on 20 February, resulting in £8,500 worth of gate receipts for the Vale.[1] Brian Jackson gave Vale a 36th minute lead, but the Villans came back to win the match with six minutes to spare.[1]

I think you are thinking of the cup replay V Liverpool in the sixties

The Fifth Round draw saw Vale face a home tie with Aston Villa, another second tier club. A still-standing club-record attendance of 49,768 turned up for the game on 20 February, resulting in £8,500 worth of gate receipts for the Vale.[1] Brian Jackson gave Vale a 36th minute lead, but the Villans came back to win the match with six minutes to spare.[1]

That's correct PM.1964 replay,0-0 at Anfield on the Saturday ( my first away match :)).1-2 after extra time on the following Monday.Hunt and Thompson for Liverpool,Cheeseborough for the Vale.;)

West ham 73 ish, wolves fa cup early 90s, wolves and shef utd in div 3 promotion season (not Maxed out but good gates) and numerous other gates in the teens

Yes tim, plenty of good gates in our purple patch

very rarely maxed out [ or even close to it ]

i was just keeping it real for mickyferns in case we all go pleasuring ourselves to much :)

Archived