onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Support at Vale Park This Season

Gazleese

Home support is going to HUGE this season if weare to acheive anything.

Lets get behind the lads from the word go and not get on someones back just for misplacing a pass etc. (This seems to happen at our club more than most)

Could put an extra 6-9pts on total at the end of season.

Advert

Remember we have lost a generation of fans.... It's amazing how we can still pull in 5,000. It's approaching 20 years since we last tasted a promotion, which is a sure way to generate interest.

Only Coventry have gone longer without a promotion and their attendances have suffered likewise.

I thought the attendance was poor tuesday night to be honest. Yes some people are skint or working, fair enough, but plenty aren't and weren't. We are in the **** it was a reduced price as well. Unless we have a good start attendances will be poor. then the problem is when the usual suspects who turn up when we are doing well just moan because they expect Premiership football.

Does this include not lambasting our own players after only 20 minutes of the first game against championship opposition?

I'll be positively supporting my club as much as I possibly can.

I agree 100%!I am going to try and restrain myself from being too critical of players this season, as we are in this mess all together and need to pull together now for the sake of PVFC,the team we all love.I was angry at the abuse that young Joe Davis got on Tuesday every time he touched the ball after his blunder.The kid is a good prospect and needs encouragement.Maybe the same people who gave him grief will one day eat humble pie when Vale get a good fee for him,should he fulfill that potential.:upthevale:

Vale fans have offered a paradox for many years now.

Generally, away support is good. Vocal, loud and encouraging.

Home support is usually very poor. No behind the goal 'mob' to galvanise vocal support. Always a subdued atmosphere due to fragmented fan congregation and a lack of away support to create an atmosphere. There is usually a readiness by many fans to turn on certain players at the drop of a hat too.

I can't see any of this changing in the near future and Mark Grew's annual pipe dream of turning Vale Park into a fortress appears to be an empty promise.

I thought the attendance was poor tuesday night to be honest. Yes some people are skint or working, fair enough, but plenty aren't and weren't. We are in the **** it was a reduced price as well. Unless we have a good start attendances will be poor. then the problem is when the usual suspects who turn up when we are doing well just moan because they expect Premiership football.

The attendance was very good when you compare it to a similar game between League Two side Northampton and Championship club Cardiff City which drew just 2,819.

The attendance was very good when you compare it to a similar game between League Two side Northampton and Championship club Cardiff City which drew just 2,819.

yes but those clubs are not in admin and desperately need the cash like us. It is not even just the issue of money we need to be showing our suppport more. That means folks turning up.

You only need to look back through the record books of any club to see that 1st round League Cup

games draw low attendances, coming as they do slap-bang in the middle of the schoolholidays when

lots of people are away.

On the subject of admission fees, I was stunned to see that matchday admission is minimum £21.50 for adults.

That is nothing short of scandalous. I would confidently say 1 turnstile for the whole ground would be enough for

pay-on-the-day punters at those prices.

Remember we have lost a generation of fans.... It's amazing how we can still pull in 5,000. It's approaching 20 years since we last tasted a promotion, which is a sure way to generate interest.

Only Coventry have gone longer without a promotion and their attendances have suffered likewise.

good post i used to work in macc and mi them son aged 11 at the time asked if we could go what them. 2 wwks later macc draw chelsea in the cup it took me over two years to get him back to vale park now vale mad season ticket holder.alot better than sitting in the hamil rd stand with my macc fans from work at least he has seen the light and now back in the railway paddock

Archived