onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Go get Adams!

ValeForever.

The amusing thing is Micky actually identified a few months after taking the Vale job that he has been too quick to jump ship in the past. So, he identified and then did it again.

The stats don't lie, the longest he has stayed with a club is 125 games at Brighton. He will always be a stowaway.... but, I wouldn't mind giving him another go just to see if he pick us up again.

Advert

I would take Adams back everyday of the week but i cant see him coming.

In any event the bottom line is we need someone who is a good manager with a proven track record, who has an eye for talent in the non league and can get the best out of the team players. If only john Rudge was the manager again!

Seriously though the next appointment is crucial. We cant afford another Gannon, Glover or Sinnott either financially or in football terms because we will end up in the Conference. However realistically who can we afford? I also ask the question how ambitious are the board in the next appointment. Knowing our luck with Bratt and Co we will probably end up with John Barnes and Jason Macateer. The current board wont want to pay compensation to another club so yet again we will have a second choice. We should be going for the likes of Buckle, Coleman or Danny Wilson but lets be honest that will never happen.

It is all very well Bill Bratt doing an interview saying everything is rosy but who on earth does he think he is kidding. We have been in free fall since Christmas. Our form is on a par with Stockports, we have posted losses for the season, we are millions in debt, we have no manager and lets be honest an average League two playing squad. Have i missed anything? Oh and people on the board who have invested a fiver and believe they are better suited to running Port Vale than a multi millionaire.

Despite FBS' deluded rantings I'd have him back quicker than you could flick the flies off a cow pat! If he apologised and admitted he'd made a mistake, I'd drive him to Vale meself!

Spunkers and Gypo have it spot on, the bloke turned a bunch of mediocre-poor professional into a well drilled side capable of achieving what the club should be achieving and getting out of this ***** league!

It is out of our hands, should the blunts sack him then it is different. Is he worth a short term contract to steady the ship? Two years to get into L1, but to start development of our own players? But who else would be available when MC takes over? Lots of speculation while the EGM takes its course, but it helps to ease the pain for a while.

Another Adams thread and no doubt a thread where abuse will be thrown left, right and centre.

Isnt that the norm with Vale at the moment?

For what its worth, the day Adams left (30th December) i could not have predicted what was about to happen in the next 100 days since he has left.

The club has been turned upside down.

Black and Gold, Mo Chaudry, Jim Gannon, Busgate, Gary Roberts, Bill Bratt, Graham Mudie, EGM, Glenn Oliver, Exodus Geoghan, Player revolt, Tomos "Tweet", Mark Simms, Phil Taylor, Geoff Horsfield........ Have i missed an incident??

Micky was god to me. He took a group of average players and turned them into winners. He took **** from nobody but ultimately had the respect of everybody.

Good luck to those who dont want him back and are willing to let this board make a decision that they have more failure at than success.

Mickys days made me proud to be a Vale fan again.

I now feel ashamed and disgusted at what has happened and with the season slipping away, if not already slipped away, it really feels like im in a bad dream.

:(

Could not agree more! the bloke came in and worked miracles with what we had! id have him back at drop of a hat. how people can say they wouldny want him back is beyond me! just because he left for his dream job and 4 times his salary! im sorry if there anybody out there that says they wouldnt do the same if the offer was put to them then your lying! bring back mickey!!

Archived