onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It’s not Darren’s fault but he can get us bouncing back

Advert

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Indeed I hope you're right as if we do again what we did this season there's no doubt in my mind we're heading for the national league😬.  More poor or lack of signings will also lead to lower ST and matchday sales and thus starts the vicious circle!

One big big bonus about recruitment this summer is that we do not have Flickers in charge of it.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 21/04/2024 at 17:02, Terriertalk said:

Definitely not Darren’s fault.

He is desperately unlucky and it is nothing to do with him whatsoever that he has presided over 5 wins in 39 matches. 

He should not in any way, shape or form have any accountability for what is probably an unprecedented bad run in English football management. 

It’s all the owners and Players fault. Poor Darren, I feel sorry for him.

Can we swap teams with you for a season?? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Was it really? I came on here after every one of those games saying I can not see what everyone else can see and we are in serious trouble.

Also, what happened to the following 3 months? 

A good manager would of got a tune out of a side with the likes of Arblaster & Devine in the side for those 3 months and would have got at least 3 wins that would have kept us up.

Yes really, I speak as I find. 

7 hours ago, jjvale_03 said:

I think he came in and quickly realised that he was working with a bunch of losers.

He'll earn his 8k/week regardless of which division we're in so he's probably made the decision to accept the relegation in order to bring in his own players and have an easier job in L2 next season than L1. He'll get more credit for finishing top half of L2 next season than 18th in L1. 

Good luck to him. Impressively for a man who's been here for over 2 months he's still yet to make a substitution that's had a positive impact on any game. Remarkable. 

Sorry JJ the pedant in me wants to say he’s made one. Bringing Sang on during the 2nd half at Burton, for me, changed that game positively - but once out of 80 opportunities (5 per 16 games?)I think pretty much proves your point.

• Like 2

This whole ‘we cant blame moore’ and ‘even pep couldnt have done better with this lot’ is just ridiculous. If thats the case, why did sack a manager and replace him with Moore on triple his wages and a five year deal? If any manager could make a difference, why waste the money? Truth is, we spent all that money and we wouldnt be worse off if we had left the academy lads in charge, and id hazard a guess wed probably be better off. He was paid to come in and do a job, and he failed miserably. It looks like he will have a chance to rectify things next season. Im not overly confident in his ability to do so, but hopefully we will have a budget to make that easier, because he doesnt have a record of being a miracle worker with small budgets. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Moore is class and we need to keep him, he's done wonders with this squad, really excited for next season. Loft is gonna bang in loads and bring us the title. 

You just have to believe, don't lose hope and keep the faith. Everyone needs to stick together and be as one, the good times will come back. God loves you.

Carol can <ovf censored> off though

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’m sure I’m not the only one who is thinking long and hard about whether to renew their season ticket.

My hope is we will somehow shift a chunk of the under contract players who clearly don’t want to be here (Loft, Ojo, et al) and Moore brings in some exciting new players.

But I can’t justify the money to watch the same players, with the same manager, and the same tactics… it’s just miserable at the moment. I’d like to know how the optimistic fans are expecting anything other than another relegation battle with this lot? Just because the opposition is “easier” in League Two?

Think I need a year off. Then we might have a whole new squad of players who might stay fit for half a dozen games, players that actually want to play for the shirt, and a manager with some tactical nous and shows a bit of bloody passion!

• Like 3