onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

It’s not Darren’s fault but he can get us bouncing back

On 21/04/2024 at 16:40, TJHValiant said:

Carol won’t be throwing any money at anything. She didn’t when we got our highest gate average since 94/95 last season, so why start now? 

We will have a reasonable budget for league 2 because we are a big club for the league with big gates for it, but it won’t be due to Carol deciding to bankroll much more. 

We will have to wait and see on that one

Advert

11 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't the club record nearly broken for going most games/minutes without scoring a goal. Something like no goals in 7 consecutive games?

Exactly right!

But this is how far we have fallen that people keep harping on about that we should have kept Crosby and that we should offer a new contract to 1 goal per season centre forward Uche & offer James Wilson a pay as you play contract.

• Like 3

On 21/04/2024 at 17:02, Terriertalk said:

Definitely not Darren’s fault.

He is desperately unlucky and it is nothing to do with him whatsoever that he has presided over 5 wins in 39 matches. 

He should not in any way, shape or form have any accountability for what is probably an unprecedented bad run in English football management. 

It’s all the owners and Players fault. Poor Darren, I feel sorry for him.

Thats a surprise you popping back up on a topic about DM

I really would concern yourself with your own plight under a managerwho hasn't really improved your fortunes since DM left so maybe it's more to do with your club and a bit more deep routed (just guessing) a bit like ours.

All the best again me owd fruit

Just realised I have replied to this before as it's from Sunday,I should look at the dates.... dont worry I am an idiot...must be as I still think DM will be the man

Edited by werstayinup

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

We will have to wait and see on that one

You say that on here every year and yet I have yet to see this happen.

That's not a dig at Carol by the way, she sets whatever budget thinks it should be. It's just people coming on here saying she will spend big when she never does. 

She sets out the budget accordingly.

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Do you think that will be more to the fact that Flitcroft has gone?

Also, we signed 3 strikers last summer, 4 if you include the loanee, Thomas. Problem is that it was Uche, who cannot pass a fitness test at any other club, Loft is the worst league striker I have seen at any club and that includes Perry and Wilson who we didn’t want and then did when we couldn’t get anyone else.

Another 3 signings like that this summer and we will be joining FGR in the conference. 

I think its a mixture of both.

One being that Flitcroft's gone and also I'm pretty sure that Big D can pick up and attract 3 or more strikers needed to score the goals.

Even though he's just been relegated and that could be a double relegation if Huddersfield go down (does that count though?). I just think Big D's got more of a reputation & clout in the game than both Crosby & Flitcroft.

He will know who exactly to bring in and I trust him to actually get them deals over the line

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Exactly right!

But this is how far we have fallen that people keep harping on about that we should have kept Crosby and that we should offer a new contract to 1 goal per season centre forward Uche & offer James Wilson a pay as you play contract.

1 goal in our last 8 away games. 

Incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You say that on here every year and yet I have yet to see this happen.

That's not a dig at Carol by the way, she sets whatever budget thinks it should be. It's just people coming on here saying she will spend big when she never does. 

She sets out the budget accordingly.

One year i might be right then 😉 

• Haha 3

Haven't read all the thread so apologies if I'm repeating. 

My take on it is we can't keep sacking managers as that will show there are serious issues to how the club is being run and would put off potential new managers as a result(hire and fire club sort of thing).  I'm not saying Moore has been good(yet) either but there are obvious caveats there for all to see if you wish to defend him.  It's also rubbish imo to suggest Crosby would have done any better, he was dreadfully out of his depth and but for the League Cup run could and should have gone much earlier.  He also had the benefit of 2 class young lads/underage internationals in midfield and we were still losing games and playing poor football. All that said we know the root of the problems lies in rank bad recruitment and I think Moore at least deserves the chance to shape a squad during the close season.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Do you think under Moore, we will go the the whole summer without signing 2 or 3 strikers?

I personally don't

Indeed I hope you're right as if we do again what we did this season there's no doubt in my mind we're heading for the national league😬.  More poor or lack of signings will also lead to lower ST and matchday sales and thus starts the vicious circle!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I think its a mixture of both.

One being that Flitcroft's gone and also I'm pretty sure that Big D can pick up and attract 3 or more strikers needed to score the goals.

Even though he's just been relegated and that could be a double relegation if Huddersfield go down (does that count though?). I just think Big D's got more of a reputation & clout in the game than both Crosby & Flitcroft.

He will know who exactly to bring in and I trust him to actually get them deals over the line

Agree he has got more of a reputation but this will be less should we do poorly next season. Not sure he will know who to bring in, he’s never managed in division 2 before and I don’t know what his contacts are like- we will see. 

• Like 1

Terribly to be honest. We just needed a few more points than 3 wins in 23 from Darren and we would have been fine. 

Sound familiar?, you should never have been relegated this season, never. 

You needed very little points wise to stay up and yet that charlatan couldn’t even get you that could he. 
Both our clubs have suffered, both our clubs have made shocking managerial decisions. And both our clubs are getting exactly what they deserve. Relegation.

No complaints but for goodness sake do not exonerate the very Man that has completely shafted us both. 
Whilst he has yet to convince me, it seems that the issues are more deep rooted at both clubs. Huddersfield seem to have had their day in the sun and league 1 is perhaps their natural level of old. They've also only won 3 more in a similar amount of games, so it's not like the new manager has transformed them.

I anticipated that Moore would do much better than he has, but most of our goals are lack of concentration and in some cases, effort. You can't legislate for that really.
  • Like 3