onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Shanahans First Words

Bede

Trust! It can always get worse, Newcastle Town FC is owned by Red industries (wallies quarry). Pvfc ain't having the most majestic of seasons, but at least burslem ain't getting gassed by its local football clubs owners :')

apart on match days after Carols been on the brussel sprouts.

Edited by Connolly
  • Haha 1

Advert

7 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

I’ve said this before but she’s lost in power and fame.

I got shot down a couple of years ago on here after yet another appearance by the owners on the pitch. It was during the promotion season IIRC. I just suggested that they should stop being so front and center by seemingly courting all the praise and adulation, because there will come a point when things will turn on the pitch, football fans have short memories and they won’t be interested in what was achieved in the past and will very easily turn on them. We’ve hit that point this season. 

• Like 6

I got shot down a couple of years ago on here after yet another appearance by the owners on the pitch. It was during the promotion season IIRC. I just suggested that they should stop being so front and center by seemingly courting all the praise and adulation, because there will come a point when things will turn on the pitch, football fans have short memories and they won’t be interested in what was achieved in the past and will very easily turn on them. We’ve hit that point this season. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Splodger said:

Thank god it's a glitch I was getting that groundhog day feeling lol 🤣😬

You were thinking of match days - losing again and again.  Then the same after match interviews.  🤪

• Haha 4

On 18/03/2024 at 19:19, Wrex said:

- Custodians of the club for a short time

- Such a lot of work needing to be done on the stadium

- Make the club successful for the fans

- Aim high and then if that aim isn't achieved then getting somewhere near it would still be a good achievement

- Colin Garlick is an incredible asset to the club

- Steve Speed works incredibly hard

- Kevin mentions being "bullied" into "feeding kids" for the foundation charity. Really doesn't indicate it to be a priority at all for the football club

Really they were doing a great job of keeping to those words until January 2022. At that point the "aim high" mindset was scrapped, not long after Garlick was thrown on the scrapheap. Nothing has been right at the club since January 2022. What happened?

The Titanic syndrome hit,Capt on the bridge, Chief engineer pisht in his cabin, whilst the Bosun and his new sign-ons playing subutio in the mess, and the useless rats start to jump ship, the best cat luckily got sacked at the first port of call and watched SS Pvale sail to its doomed future.

On 18/03/2024 at 18:08, Bede said:

Somebody re-posted this on Facebook earlier.

Just watching it back now.  Jesus Christ Carol and Kevin, take a long hard look at where we are now.  Why has it come to this?

Just bought a football club and her first words " we have a fabulous kitchen here" FFS the very words of doom, FA about turning the club into a fortress of a fighting team but a domestic science venue for little scroats who couldn't give a toss about football, the plot was lost at the beginning, and now the situation as change into rumours about their relationship and having sold their business what's the future hold, a truly sad state of affairs, excuse the pun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 18/03/2024 at 19:35, Smallthorne clampet said:

By their own admission they overspent in the early years , and they are simply cutting back to balance the books .

theyve cut back too far and are paying the price not only now but next season and for the next few seasons - alot of fans have had enough of being taken for granted - they also think it will be easy to get promotion again next season - we all know its not that simple.

• Like 4