onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why???

melv

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

How do you know Carol can't see what's happening and knows the reasons it's happened. She only has to look at the Lge table to find out what's happening.

What carol says and what she thinks and is planning maybe two different things, it's quite common in football for the Chairperson to give a vote of confidence and then someone is let go soon afterwards.

Only Carol, Flitcroft and a few close others know the real reasons  why recruitment has been poor and none of them are going to spill the beans. The one thing that has to happen is lessons must be learned to ensure good recruitment in a timely manner in the future, it's a must, no ifs or buts.

The one thing that must not happen at this point in time is for Carol to put the club up for sale.

Surely she can see what’s happening.But why not do something to stop it happening?Why sit and watch?Flitcroft said at the end of the January 2023 transfer window that mistakes had been made.Lessons would be learned.We then had the same failure in the summer transfer window and the January 2024 transfer window.Fans are now turning away from the club.Attendance is dropping,many saying they will buy another ST if DF is still here.The team has slid down into the relegation zone.So why is Carol allowing this to happen??? As for selling the club.I’ve not mentioned selling the club.But the value of the club is decreasing while this goes on.

Edited by melv
  • Like 1

Advert

Does Carol & Co really want Vale to stay in L1 or do they have an ulterior motive ?  Project Carol is about to hit the iceberg and still they do nothing !  

Charlton sign Wickham on a short-term deal and he comes off the bench to set up the winner, he's been without a club for months Why didn't we get hold of him ?

Not looking the best for Shrewsbury but what have they done ?  Gone and signed x2 out of contract players, are they any good ?  Don't know but at least they are doing something.

Something is better than nothing WHY are we not looking to get in at least a couple of out of contract players in because we can't score and we can't defend very well and nothing will change until something different is done !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jnk said:

This coming Saturday will be my 6th home game that I will avoid despite having a season ticket and paid car park permit . The insult to 85% of Vale supporters polled is no understanding of how we feel about clearly seeing a club destroying itself due to the DOF . I even declined the I-Follow option for the Orient game .When we get relegated what will be the plan for recruiting players . Will it still be non manager picks having to be played by a blameless manager who walked into a nightmare situation . Completely , upset by the football lack of signings and weakening of our team but how do we register our total disgust . Should things not have changed by the start of next season I will not be there .

I like carol , she's got a good heart but ,like you said the fans patience is wafer thin at the moment and that's because she keeps backing the wrong horse in Fraudcroft, she either sees the light soon or season ticket sales will.be at an a time low next season,  #  And she will.be on the microphone on the halfway line at vale park saying. "where are you , Let's be having you." 👍 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I don't know 

But I trust what Spunk Trumpet 

posted about the wages. 👍

Figures looked pretty accurate to me. Uche  has a short contract, and if he had kept us up would have been money well spent. Ojo was a marquee signing, setting the stall out. Smudgers low wage reflects he has come through the youth system. During my working life I only got a decent rise by changing companies.

Last season Derby had TEN players on £9000 a week!!

O

Edited by Phil500
Predictive text😝☹️

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Where did he get the info from?

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Carol said she needed someone who understood football to help her run the club.  Perhaps she has become over-dependent on DF and wonders what will happen if he isn’t there to lean on. I may be talking absolute rubbish - usually do. 

She can lean on Rudgey instead 👍

27 minutes ago, PVP said:

Does Carol & Co really want Vale to stay in L1 or do they have an ulterior motive ?  Project Carol is about to hit the iceberg and still they do nothing !  

Charlton sign Wickham on a short-term deal and he comes off the bench to set up the winner, he's been without a club for months Why didn't we get hold of him ?

Not looking the best for Shrewsbury but what have they done ?  Gone and signed x2 out of contract players, are they any good ?  Don't know but at least they are doing something.

Something is better than nothing WHY are we not looking to get in at least a couple of out of contract players in because we can't score and we can't defend very well and nothing will change until something different is done !

Maybe carols thinking of selling up ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WV said:

Avoiding the crap on the first couple of replies the obvious answer is that she hasn’t given him or us a competitive budget to work with. This is why she doesn’t put the blame on him because he was trying to build a competitive league 1 team on a mid table league 2 budget. 

If it was any other way wouldn’t she have got rid of him given the circumstances? The most obvious answer is usually the right one. Forget all this she’s been hoodwinked or gaslit. They are just ridiculous accusations. 

Exactly right. In fact her letter makes it clear that being league 1 in the first place was apparently ahead of schedule. Although quite where once getting promotion, a relegation was in that schedule who knows? 

However as you say, Carol has hardly allowed cash to be splashed. Loft might be bad, but what about the other two or three forwards a good league 1 team needs? Wilson and Uche are only here because they were out of options. 

Our best player, Garrity was an unwanted Blackpool reject, signed in league 2. In fact look at where our players have come from and not a single one was a proven league 1 asset before coming to this club. 

That speaks of squad that has had little investment. Jeering Flitcroft is the comfortable option for fans because it keeps the warm glow of nice Auntie Carol intact. 

Carol is a successful businesswoman and like every single such person in history has a major love for 1.) Money 2.) herself 3.) family.

These community schemes ultimately make her look good. If it was philanthropy that really mattered she’d donate anonymously. 

Vale are certainly below that. It’s just like unlike Smurfwaite, she won’t tell you that. 

She will only act if Vale make her look bad. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Figures looked pretty accurate to me. Uche  has a short contract, and if he had kept us up would have been money well spent. Ojo was a marquee signing, setting the stall out. Smudgers low wage reflects he has come through the youth system. During my working life I only got a decent rise by changing companies.

Last season Derby had TEN players on £9000 a week!!

O

Yoko  Ono could put a better shift in

than funso Ojo at the moment 

Edited by Nippy Naylor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Carol said she needed someone who understood football to help her run the club.  Perhaps she has become over-dependent on DF and wonders what will happen if he isn’t there to lean on. I may be talking absolute rubbish - usually do. 

Fraudcroft defo doesn't understand football  and is shyte at recruitment so if she's serious about building bridges with us bring in Rudgey as a short term option and bin off Fraudcroft, no more excuses  get a grip and be decisive 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

These community schemes ultimately make her look good. If it was philanthropy that really mattered she’d donate anonymously

From what people who have worked at Synectics have said, this is the major driver of what she does. Always quick to get the media round.

1 minute ago, Nippy Naylor said:

she's

1 minute ago, Refreshers said:

From what people who have worked at Synectics have said, this is the major driver of what she does. Always quick to get the media rounnd

But this is the issue Port Vale FC is a football club not a community centre , Carol well done for the work you've done for the community but its not the bee all and end all  us vale fans should be your number one priority  because we are the heartbeat of The Vale

• Like 2

the majority have taken a far too simplistic view of all this and turned it into a witch hunt , we don't know the complete ins n outs of it and at the end of the day carol isn't daft . fans are right to be concerned given our league position , last weeks meeting was a good clear of the air, i trust carol/kevin etc to make the correct decisions going forward. the vitriol and name calling is just baying mob mentality , successful business people don't cave in or make decisions based on baying mobs . 

• Like 7