onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 preparation

26 minutes ago, Splodger said:

Imo 180k wouldn't get a decent centre forward,ide rather keep garrity and have work rate and his goals from midfield,we saw when he was injured how hard he was to replace 🤔

Splodger, I think we’ll have to sell Ben, in the summer. If he stays and we’re not pushing for promotion, which unless we buy some players, we won’t be, he can leave for nothing. He’s proven in L1 and not going to sign a new contract. If you were him, would you.?

Edited by Playa Amodores
  • Like 2

Advert

12 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Splodger, I think we’ll have to sell Ben, in the summer. If he stays and we’re not pushing for promotion, which unless we buy some players, we won’t be, he can leave for nothing. He’s proven in L1 and not going to sign a new contract. If you were him, would you.?

Oh god no if I was Ben ide definitely want to play at an higher level than league two,but he'll be hard to replace,  and finding another gem the likes of Ben will be difficult 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Splodger said:

Oh god no if I was Ben ide definitely want to play at an higher level than league two,but he'll be hard to replace,  and finding another gem the likes of Ben will be difficult 

Yeah exactly Fraudcrofts

track record isn't the best 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

He might not want to stay but nothing says to me that we will have to sell him

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

He might not want to stay but nothing says to me that we will have to sell him

We will sell anyone going when money comes calling. We needed Harrison this season, but the MK Dons offer a few quid and out the door he goes! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We will sell anyone going when money comes calling. We needed Harrison this season, but the MK Dons offer a few quid and out the door he goes! 

If a player wants to leave and an offer comes in then i guess its in their interests to sell in the long run... Same as when Hall wanted leave for his family........ should we keep players who dont want to stay at the club? genuine question

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Bids for our best players? Most of the players except Garrity and possibly Chislett would be lucky to stay at Vale. If released most would never see league football again. 

I do think a fair few will go even if in contract tbh

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I do think a fair few will go even if in contract 

Yeah gotta get rid of the dead wood 

It's a no brainer , even if they have to pay up contracts ,we can rebuild with more commited players for the long term 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

If a player wants to leave and an offer comes in then i guess its in their interests to sell in the long run... Same as when Hall wanted leave for his family........ should we keep players who dont want to stay at the club? genuine question

To an extent you need to make a stand and show a contract means something. If you keep applying the let them go approach every time a bid comes in, clubs will just make low offers knowing 9/10 a players wish will be granted. 

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Yeah gotta get rid of the dead wood 

It's a no brainer , even if they have to pay up contracts ,we can rebuild with more commited players for the long term 

I think we had some more committed players such as Dave Worrall and James Gibbons but we let them go. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2