onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shrewsbury (H) match thread - 9th March

I've just watched the highlights.

Whilst I'm already fed up of Darren Moore's inane tripe in his interviews,it isn't him who missed the two excellent chances Wilson and Garrity had in the first half.

If Carlisle weren't 9 points behind,it would be us who finish bottom,that's how bad we are.

Advert

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I've just watched the highlights.

Whilst I'm already fed up of Darren Moore's inane tripe in his interviews,it isn't him who missed the two excellent chances Wilson and Garrity had in the first half.

If Carlisle weren't 9 points behind,it would be us who finish bottom,that's how bad we are.

Time yet mate. We might scrape 3 draws . I'm finding it implausible to think of us winning another game until next season. 

I really thought yesterday was going to be different for some reason. The clear the air meeting with the fans on Monday, the lads going away for a few days bonding, the fact we have to win surely sometime… everything suggested it was going to be our day and we win and put some pressure on the three sides above us. How wrong was I. Another awful start to a football match where yet again we find ourselves 1-0 down and I thought Ripley was poor for their goal and should’ve got a strong hand on it. 

garritys chance looked tough from the back of the railway where I was but Wilson’s miss was a shocker. Why didn’t he take it further forward and then shoot? He looked like he ended up scuffing his shot also. Hes absolutely awful and stealing a wage. The whole clubs a mess and they need a way to find some cash and pay a large chunk of these players off because I’m certain this side goes down again next season. 

admit you’re wrong Carol and get rid of him and give us a chance. I know you haven’t got a clue about football as you keep telling us, but surely you can see that this squad is the worst weve had for a fair few years and it’s happened on your ownership.  We’ve lasted two seasons in this league and both have been a struggle. Something clearly hasn’t worked with yours and flitcrofts master plan. Fans are losing interest rapidly and the gates will hover around the 4,000 mark next season. Take away the huge away followings and the clubs set to lose a staggering amount of money which was completely unavoidable with a couple of decent players brought in and probably getting rid of Crosby earlier. To bring Moore in when the window shut was quite laughable even by our standards 

i think you shouldve said the “FANS” were phenomenal, and not the gutless blokes who turn out pretending the be professional footballers each week for for our badge 

Sort it out !

Edited by sandyford_valiant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

admit you’re wrong Carol and get rid of him and give us a chance. I know you haven’t got a clue about football as you keep telling us,

Do you know what? I'm not having that line "I haven't got a club about running a football club" from Carol anymore.

She's got a successful business and yet she still know's nothing about running a football club after 5 years?  That's a little bit of crying wolf on her part

• Like 2

9 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

You were saying? 🤣 There is optimism, and then there is realism. I have accepted the realty that our fate was sealed back in September/October after the utter gash we produced when we stumbled to a win against Northampton. 

I really wish I could be more upbeat, but I would be hurting myself more.

I was being sarcastic, mate 👍😆

4 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I was being sarcastic, mate 👍😆

I know, love it pal, highest form of humour in my eyes!! There is nobody more sarcastic than me in real life. I am a right arrse. We are all Vale. We all want the best for Vale despite us all maybe differing on opinions which direction we are heading.

UTV!! 🙂

2 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Colin Garlick didn’t even work 3 days notice if I’m correct.

He left under a cloud. 
Like many others.

Steve Speed anyone? 
The pitch is <ovf censored> by the way.

Time we started asking those hard questions to the owner. And why she has a phrase along the lines of when you’re not needed anymore you’re not wanted anymore.

She may think her new found fame in football is untouchable. 
Crook Norman thought that. 
She needs to understand that football fans of 40,50,60,70 plus years will dig at anything for the sake of THEIR football club.

5 million for vale at the time didn’t add up. 
And yes she saved us. She and Kevin actually. Although he’s anonymous these days. 
And the last 18 months have been baffling to watch as a football project. Which is essentially what we are.

Three to Four failed transfer windows with no striking options and no wing backs. Doesn’t add up.

Her sheer defiance of David Flitcroft doesn’t add up.

Her employing her unqualified son doesn’t add up.

Her crying in the valiant suite and telling fans the players are phenomenal, doesn’t add up.

The players almost look gagged in their performances and the manager, well, he’s singing off the same hymn sheet as the open letter. It doesn’t add up.

I hope I’m wrong. But. Sitting back. Taking a look at a lot of what’s gone on this last 18 months. It doesn’t add up.

And if anything is a miss then the factions that will be will find it out. 

I think Carol has lost the plot she seems more interested in sorting out the community than listening to the fans concerns  #. We are a football club! For god's sake and her loyalty to Fraudcroft is just plain delusional like you said in your post sumat doesn't feel right , I agree 

2 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

Colin Garlick didn’t even work 3 days notice if I’m correct.

He left under a cloud. 
Like many others.

Steve Speed anyone? 
The pitch is <ovf censored> by the way.

Time we started asking those hard questions to the owner. And why she has a phrase along the lines of when you’re not needed anymore you’re not wanted anymore.

She may think her new found fame in football is untouchable. 
Crook Norman thought that. 
She needs to understand that football fans of 40,50,60,70 plus years will dig at anything for the sake of THEIR football club.

5 million for vale at the time didn’t add up. 
And yes she saved us. She and Kevin actually. Although he’s anonymous these days. 
And the last 18 months have been baffling to watch as a football project. Which is essentially what we are.

Three to Four failed transfer windows with no striking options and no wing backs. Doesn’t add up.

Her sheer defiance of David Flitcroft doesn’t add up.

Her employing her unqualified son doesn’t add up.

Her crying in the valiant suite and telling fans the players are phenomenal, doesn’t add up.

The players almost look gagged in their performances and the manager, well, he’s singing off the same hymn sheet as the open letter. It doesn’t add up.

I hope I’m wrong. But. Sitting back. Taking a look at a lot of what’s gone on this last 18 months. It doesn’t add up.

And if anything is a miss then the factions that will be will find it out. 

i am not sure if you have noticed but it has hardly stopped raining since September. Every golf local course (including one that had over £1m spent on drainage) has been closed for record number of days since the Autumn. We are built on clay and the water table is higher than it's ever been. And the pitch is a lot better than it was this time last year? 

Edited by WV
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I know, love it pal, highest form of humour in my eyes!! There is nobody more sarcastic than me in real life. I am a right arrse. We are all Vale. We all want the best for Vale despite us all maybe differing on opinions which direction we are heading.

UTV!! 🙂

No worries , mate 👍 🙂  UTV

Edited by Nippy Naylor

Was it my eyes for their goal or was the ball clearly out of the quadrant by some distance? The linemen knew he made a mistake and the next corner he was messing with his earpiece and then the ref went over to check so he clearly knew he had messed up. Suppose it didn’t matter but rules are rules. Everything is going wrong this season we should’ve known after the opening day defeat we were in for a bumpy ride.