onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

5 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Saint David said of Lowe on the Ale And Vale podcast he did that it was such a wonderful opportunity for youngsters to come into work everyday and see how a real pro like Jason Lowe behaves.

Not only on the pitch but the way he prepares for games and conducts himself.

<ovf censored> me, he's <ovf censored>.

Oddly considering we were set on sitting back and heading away crosses for the last half hour plus, surely throwing Smudge on to do what he is actually good at would have made sense, certainly last 10. He's been poor lately and was rightfully dropped but last 10 he would be ideal for pure "defending"

• Like 3

Advert

Sad days these are .

At half time I'm.bouncing getting ready for work .

At full time I'm absolutely livid .

Not livid because we drew 

Livid because we played second half like cowards and should have lost. 

Why would you be that deep unless your scared

What was there be scared of 

16 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Can we stop supporting loft now? He’s trash. Get the <ovf censored> gone. Deborah utterly useless as well. Yak and Lopata defended so well and then that clown does that. Deserve to go down. Scrap this squad and start again. Without Ripley we would have conceded 5 or 6 there

I think that's extremely harsh on Debrah. Personally I think he was excellent last night his "mistake" was punished but every player out there last night on both sides made mistakes we can't hold him to a standard that isn't reached by anyone else mistakes are part of the game. The issue is we sat back and allowed them to pepper our box with cross after cross after cross no defence at any level is going to deal with that without conceding. That's a team failure not a Debrah failure.

I'm resigned now I do not believe we can survive with the players we have. We started well last night but we only kept it up for 25 minutes or so that's simply not good enough.

A glimmer of hope was that we would back DM with a few out of contract signings but the recruitment team are working hard at failing as usual so I think its over.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SuperHuman said:

Did anyone else notice that after they made it 2-1 the ball got played back to Ripley from kick off and he booted it straight through to their keeper?

This set them straight back on the attack and set the tone. 

The panic that set in was embarrassing. Every clearance was sliced. Players were getting in each others way. The ball came back at every opportunity. 

In a a nutshell the players were hiding

#. Spineless 

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

As soon as they scored everyone knew what would happen, you could see it in the fans and players, we'd dealt with their corners (of which there were many) very well but to go sleep then was criminal. We nearly lost in as well when the ball bounced off our defender and Ripper got down well to it.

First half was decent, second half we decided to park the bus rather than have a go... at home to the second worst side in the league, madness. Ojo going off killed us as the midfield disappeared and Loft i felt was the right change to try and hold it up a bit and give us an outlet... weak, doesnt even hit the target 1 on 1 which kills the game.

Was set up if we won last night to close the gap on that clump of teams on 38 points, could of taken the likely loss at Derby knowing Shrewsbury we could claw right back in the week after but when that equaliser went in, that felt like relegation right there, 6 wins needed and I dont see where they are coming from, had it been 5 then you look at improved confidence and maybe then beating Shrews to make it very realistic.

Nothing we change seems to solve the problems we have, manager no change, formation no change, players no change... we are out of answers to get out of this.

The answer is bin off Fraudcroft

For abject failure  and the players who should be refunding the fans for having to sit through such a gutless performance

That second half was a cluster####

25 minutes ago, kevin_struggles said:

I think that's extremely harsh on Debrah. Personally I think he was excellent last night his "mistake" was punished but every player out there last night on both sides made mistakes we can't hold him to a standard that isn't reached by anyone else mistakes are part of the game. The issue is we sat back and allowed them to pepper our box with cross after cross after cross no defence at any level is going to deal with that without conceding. That's a team failure not a Debrah failure.

I'm resigned now I do not believe we can survive with the players we have. We started well last night but we only kept it up for 25 minutes or so that's simply not good enough.

A glimmer of hope was that we would back DM with a few out of contract signings but the recruitment team are working hard at failing as usual so I think its over.

Debrah is awful mate. From his brainless sending off at Bristol Rovers to his continual slicing it into touch by the Paddock last night. 

A terrible footballer. Again brilliant recruitment from you know who.

Oh oh but he must be good Barnsley wanted him. Well lucky old Barnsley he's tripe. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Debrah is awful mate. From his brainless sending off at Bristol Rovers to his continual slicing it into touch by the Paddock last night. 

A terrible footballer. Again brilliant recruitment from you know who.

Oh oh but he must be good Barnsley wanted him. Well lucky old Barnsley he's tripe. 

Have we got 2 x Barnsley rejects playing in our defence?

15 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Spineless as in showing no fight 

Or desire in. the second half  .

I have to disagree, we are way off where I would like us to be but I can’t say that any of this is down to lack of fight. There may be a lack of ability, experience & nous but I didn’t spot anyone who wasn’t trying. I’m sure Loft didn’t try to miss his golden chance or Debrah wasn’t bothered about his mistake. 

The amount of people around me in the paddock last night who seemed to be revelling in our mistakes is baffling, they seem to be almost hoping for them. The mob mentality is a very interesting thing to observe.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

I have to disagree, we are way off where I would like us to be but I can’t say that any of this is down to lack of fight. There may be a lack of ability, experience & nous but I didn’t spot anyone who wasn’t trying. I’m sure Loft didn’t try to miss his golden chance or Debrah wasn’t bothered about his mistake. 

The amount of people around me in the paddock last night who seemed to be revelling in our mistakes is baffling, they seem to be almost hoping for them. The mob mentality is a very interesting thing to observe.

I and others on here saw Ojo pull out of a tackle by the dugouts. Not 100% committed to the tackle. He shirked it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Delgado said:

Disagree all you want 

In the cold light of day 

The players representing the badge 

Were a disgrace in the second half 

Showed No fight or Passion , end of.

• Like 1

It's pretty clear Ojo is still crying about the Crosby sacking. Dedicated his Stevenage pen to him & admitted to throwing tantrums in the week beforehand. He 100% shirked the challenge on the byeline last night. He seems to have thrown the toys well & truly out of the pram & he needs to get a grip, quickly, for our sakes.

why can't our players(i didn't want to use that word, but the one i want to call them would have been censured), tackle their opponents? whats the point of running side by side to their winger half the length of the pitch for him to outrun you and put the cross in? and why not try the old fashion marking? Yatesy on the radio says Vale arn't nasty enough, we are" too nice"... get in there and spill some blood, cause end of the season when you are out of work a relegation on your CV is'nt going to be good...

18 minutes ago, Davebrad said:

why can't our players(i didn't want to use that word, but the one i want to call them would have been censured), tackle their opponents? whats the point of running side by side to their winger half the length of the pitch for him to outrun you and put the cross in? and why not try the old fashion marking? Yatesy on the radio says Vale arn't nasty enough, we are" too nice"... get in there and spill some blood, cause end of the season when you are out of work a relegation on your CV is'nt going to be good...

Ripleys going to have 2 consecutive relegations on his CV and he’s apparently one of our better performers 😄

• Haha 1