onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) match thread - 27th Feb

robf

3 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Don’t want one. Sick of em. Same old same old from players and managers. Can’t watch them anymore. And this bearing in mind I was very much a happy clapper in the past.

Welcome to our group.  Be prepared to be called in by Carol for detention and lines and be called naughty fans.  Punishment will be none stop matches.  No popcorn or oatcakes for those in detention.  Then it will be followed up by fraudcrofts powerpoint presentations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert

56 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Not sure why I’ve just watched the highlights back. Obviously love winding myself up 🤣 Debrah’s looks even worse than it did in the ground what the hell was he doing 😳 lads & dads stuff! Ripley weak as piss for the equaliser. Absolute shambles the lot of ya 

That header though !! 🥴 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vtid said:

His 3 games teething session ended before last night. I’m so baffled by his management & speeches so far, I understand it’s not going happen overnight but that second half last night was awful & he couldn’t see it we were comfortable & their first come as a shock! 

Tin hat on...

I thought we were comfortable, defensively until Debs error. they were dominant and pelting crosses in but most were dealt with comfortably. 

We didn;t help ourselves though as we keep attacking them as we did first half we surely score another.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Tin hat on...

I thought we were comfortable, defensively until Debs error. they were dominant and pelting crosses in but most were dealt with comfortably. 

We didn;t help ourselves though as we keep attacking them as we did first half we surely score another.

I felt the same way mate.

They had all of the play but never looked threatening to me. Yak and Kasper headed everything in the box  and longer balls to the back post Jones defended well. Itlooked pretty easy to see the game out.

What angers me is the mentality of our players. 20 mins to go and we don't have the intelligence or confidence to play the ball around at the back using the GK to calm things down. We had the overload in possession at the back and with experience of Lowe to tick the ball over in midfield we really should have had enough to take the sting out of anything Fleetwood could do.

Then a stupid, let's be honest a part time footballer mistake, quite frankly the players panicked again.

Mental strength is the problem. Players have forgot how to win football matches.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Good run by Loft to be fair and was stopped by a very well timed tackle. Radio Stoke make it sound like he missed a sitter, but he was tackled well in my view. 

He missed the target mate and there was no conviction in his effort on goal 

First signs of trouble for me was pushing out David Worrall. He was the only player that got me out of my seat when he got the ball. Replaced by who? I can’t see anybody.

Tom Pett also did a good job. Another one replaced by who?. Ethan Chislett would have 12+ goals playing alongside this two.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

First signs of trouble for me was pushing out David Worrall. He was the only player that got me out of my seat when he got the ball. Replaced by who? I can’t see anybody.

Tom Pett also did a good job. Another one replaced by who?. Ethan Chislett would have 12+ goals playing alongside this two.

Sir David Worrall. The Kevin de bruyne of the elf 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Not sure why fans are calling it all DM's fault.  He has been dealt a crap thread bare squad of players, some of which are not fit for lads and dads sunday team. 

First half Vale looked comfortable and able to battle - then in the 2nd half they brought on experience and better players.  What had we got - thanks fraudcroft nothing really and Fleetwood just over ran us.  2 mistakes and 2 goals.  Thank god the ref blew when he did or else they would have won the game.

I won't excuse the individual errors as they were criminal and he's right in some ways in his interview when he says we seem to get punished where other teams get lucky.

We do have a very rigid squad with not much room for flexibility and by signing "good eggs" we seems to be completely devoid of any absolute nastiness thats sometimes needed out there to see games through to win.

I do think Moore has to take some proportion of the blame though as at half time Adam switched up the shape and designed it to get balls into Stockley and it came up trumps for him.

I sit right at the back of the Hamil and you could see the repeated pattern, whether it was left wing or right wing, they high pressed with a triangle and one would eventually whip a cross in with pace rather than float it in. Designed to cause panic and pressure.

Our responses were the following:

1) Clip it out for a corner

2) Half clear it away to their two awaiting centre mids who mopped up every single second ball, and either had a crack at goal themselves or fed it wide so the move starts all over again

This went on for the entire second half, and even though he changed personnel, he did nothing to change that shape. For me he's just hoping we hold out there, and if you let a team dominate the ball like that and have the ball constantly in the box, the law of averages says one will go in.

Another tough pill to swallow

Edited by nodge
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Tin hat on...

It was coming, yes we defended well Lopata & the yak were superb I thought last night but we were far from comfortable. Their constant pressure was never going to continue to end with poor end product you can only invite that sort onto yourselves for so long not 50 mins. Especially Vale who have been shaky at the back all season. Did the players panic or the gaffer tell them we were comfortable & to sit tight & invite the pressure 🤔 who knows but we could all see what was coming. Madness the only sub he should of made was dipepa who ran out of steam taking Chislet & Ojo off completely killed us mate. Then assessed for another 10-15 mins im not sure who could of come on for Sang as we didn’t have great options but something needed to change down that right side. He was being buggered big time 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

Tom Pett walks straight into our team a very good player .

What on earth was Moore thinking at half time .

Bottle jobs I heard someone shout at end .

The fans were really angry .

My lads texted me and said he couldn't believe it I said I could we just give the whole game to them no shithousing no one going down for nothing.,second half we didn't just run out of legs we gave up 3 quarters of the pitch to them I'm going excuse B Garrity as surely if anyone goes off its him with just coming back from injury the fact D Moore took ojo off was telling .

Once Debrah made that mistake why wasn't he hauled off 

Ripley for how good he is well that was very cowardly .

Fleetwood deserved win that game based on Vales players I'd say 6 of them remaining in changing rooms mentally all second half .

If your a professional footballer at least try play like one 

Edited by Devine intervention