onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket renewals

Old fort

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

So what’s tipped you over the edge?  You’ve seen far worse than where we are now.

Maybe getting older and fed up with the club going in the right direction and buying into the hype they are getting ValeChampionship ready and then things going wrong and we end up back where we started in Div 2.  With this squad we could easily end up dropping out of Div 2 instead of bouncing right back up. Been there when Vale were doing well and just waiting for it all to go wrong, as it usually does for Vale.

The way the Vale Board are sleep sprinting into Div 2 after being taken in by Fraudcroft.  He came for the managers job and ended up talking a great game and walking out of the interview with the DoF part time and now managed to make it full time.  Why wasn't he told to sort out the recruitment the first time around without strikers.  No we went into the 2nd season without strikers and again this window we have failed to bring in strikers who could possibly keep us up.  While the teams around us bolstered their squads and now putting wins together.  This squad go one behind and heads drop and they look like they think another loss is going to happen.  Confidence is lacking and hopefully DM and staff will sort that out - you can only hope

Carol's open letter basically said the fans mean nothing to her now and we shouldn't voice concerns or ask what the hell is happening at the Vale.  It seems as long as the community stuff doesn't get interfered in, she isn't concerned about what rubbish is being shown on the pitch.  Yes its great to look after the community - Burslem needs it, but it feels she has taken her eye off what is happening on the pitch/recruitment.

A good win or even a scrappy horrible win tomorrow will start the players getting confidence on the pitch and those valuable points between us and the fifth placed team being reduced down as we try to get out of the relegation zone.

• Like 5

Advert

30 minutes ago, Phil500 said:

Up there with Derby and Bolton?  Afraid not. They can afford to pay many players £9000 a week, which attracts better players.  We are not fishing in the same pond.

May get lucky with one or two bad boys ( such as Lee Mills, Tom Pope and Lee Hughes) but these are few and far between. They usually are more like Ricky Miller and Matty Taylor. Oh for a “Lazy” striker like Leon Constantine.

Thats why the mindset comes in to it do you think under Rudge the players went out v Norwich who's players were probably defo on more than ours were and we thrashed them 6-1 ,also when in administration the players thrashing Steve Evans Rotherham 6-2 and generally game after game playing well till brought then we slipped off but still managed get promotion ,but the hunger was there to win games no matter how much opposition supposedly better paid players ON.

Look at our team do you think we ever going be capable of beating a top 6 side if we ever have a goal attempt v them it's a feat.

So to me mentality all wrong you go out and do the business .

Agree about Constantine good player what I'd have a Brooker and a Mcphee and Bridge Wilkinson now .

UTV 

20 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

He came for the managers job and ended up talking a great game and walking out of the interview with the DoF part time and now managed to make it full time.  Why wasn't he told to sort out the recruitment the first time around without strikers.  No we went into the 2nd season without strikers and again this window we have failed to bring in strikers who could possibly keep us up.

Recruitment is the responsibility of the manager, end of. It was Andy Crosby who dismantled the promotion side and Andy Crosby who failed to recruit new signings. It's not the job of the DoF to find new players - the manager needs to know he can work with them and that they can play his system. The DoF arranges the salary and draws up the contract. So it's the manager who is to blame for this rather than the DoF. What manager - and I include both Darrell Clarke and Andy Crosby in this - would have taken the job knowing that Flitcroft was going to carry out the recruitment?

It's so blindingly obvious that I can't understand why others can't see it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 12

10 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

Recruitment is the responsibility of the manager, end of. It was Andy Crosby who dismantled the promotion side and Andy Crosby who failed to recruit new signings. It's not the job of the DoF to find new players - the manager needs to know he can work with them and that they can play his system. The DoF arranges the salary and draws up the contract. So it's the manager who is to blame for this rather than the DoF. What manager - and I include both Darrell Clarke and Andy Crosby in this - would have taken the job knowing that Flitcroft was going to carry out the recruitment?

You clearly have no understanding of what the DOF does, the manager says what type of player he would like the DOF is responsible for finding & recruiting them

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Thats why the mindset comes in to it do you think under Rudge the players went out v Norwich who's players were probably defo on more than ours were and we thrashed them 6-1 ,also when in administration the players thrashing Steve Evans Rotherham 6-2 and generally game after game playing well till brought then we slipped off but still managed get promotion ,but the hunger was there to win games no matter how much opposition supposedly better paid players ON.

Look at our team do you think we ever going be capable of beating a top 6 side if we ever have a goal attempt v them it's a feat.

So to me mentality all wrong you go out and do the business .

Agree about Constantine good player what I'd have a Brooker and a Mcphee and Bridge Wilkinson now .

UTV 

Rudge managed to sell the club to players such as Foyle, McCarthy, Guppy, Ainsworth etc.

For reasons I don’t know we can’t do it anymore.

Ps. I agree with previous poster that we need 7,000 more like you. Sadly I am not, too many miserable seasons.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

It's not mate

There are a few ways it could work but most likely it's something along the lines of the manager will say he wants a striker (he may not even be asked what they want but would obviously discuss with the manager) and then the DOF will say here are 3 options which should be within our budget and a chance of signing compiled by the matrix, who do you want us to go for?

If the DOF offers the manager one good player and two poor players and the manager chooses the poor one it's on the manager. If the manager is offered three poor players then what can he do? There have been exceptions of signings that will be from the manager, DC with Harrison and Taylor but I think this was panic stations kicking in.

To set the system up how we did and not recruit enough wingbacks and then to stick with it for so long is the most baffling thing for me, even more so than the lack of strikers. Carol has hired people who supposedly know about football so this should not have been an issue. There is no way AC was sitting there not thinking about trying to change it up after the run we've been on. In my opinion the formation had to have been forced. I do believe Flitcroft has now decided or has been told to back off a bit now as we have seen DM change the system, whether that's because the club know he's messed up or just want to reduce the heat on him I don't know but it needed to happen. We don't really have any great options to play most of the other formations either i know, but that's the recruitment again.

We cannot go into next season being so inflexible. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Phil500 said:

Up there with Derby and Bolton?  Afraid not. They can afford to pay many players £9000 a week, which attracts better players.  We are not fishing in the same pond.

May get lucky with one or two bad boys ( such as Lee Mills, Tom Pope and Lee Hughes) but these are few and far between. They usually are more like Ricky Miller and Matty Taylor. Oh for a “Lazy” striker like Leon Constantine.

What I would give right now for a 20 + goal a season "Lazy" Leon Constantine 

• Like 4

I'd have Matty Taylor back, he's scored more in a month than Wilson and Loft have all season

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Black N White said:

She’s in charge and the buck stops with her! 

She doesn’t invest, despite selling players left right and centre. Hall, Forester, Harrison, youth team players. Play offs,Wembley, cup runs. Higher attendances. Where is the money Carol? 

She won’t invest in the stadium and takes fans for granted. 

We are in terrible form and she actually thinks Flitcroft is going a good job. I could go on but I haven’t got the time or effort. 

If this was other owners then we would be protesting but for some reason Carol can do no wrong when I fail to see what she does right . 

No respect for staff, Garlick, Speed and the shocking treatment of Clarke after what he went through. I am embarrassed for her. 

She needs to go NOW before it’s too late. 

Wake up everyone. 

You buying it then??

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

To be fair mate I don't think Thomas was given enough game time in my opinion 👍

Agreed, looked alright with bags of energy & lots of pace plus he worked hard but wasn’t played enough. Little Jack Russell 😅

Edited by Vtid