onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Mighten

smithie

53 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

You would rather have someone who  doesn't look like scoring goals but will fly into tackles , yep  that's genius ,mate 😂

47 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Most of the team have been missing for months though, but I'd still rather have Wilson in over Loft but it's all about opinions at the end of the day 

Wilson can score goals and Loft can't.

Can he? He’s got 3 more goals than loft so it’s a fine line he’s not exactly scoring every other game is he. Like I’ve said in a relegation battle we need grafters, players who get stuck in, dig in when it’s needed, do the dirty side of the game like hustle & bustle, tackle, put your neck on the lines. James Wilson is not that player. He’s fancy, creative & can produce a bit of magic & score every 10 games. That’s not needed when your fighting for your lives 22nd in the league 

Advert

4 hours ago, Osh said:

Funny that; I thought he was MotM on Saturday.  I had two text messages from two other Vale fans saying the same thing, and the bloke sat next to me in the crowd - who i'd never met before in my life, said the same thing.  For me he was one of a (small) handful of players who seemed to playing for his shirt and actually giving a fook.

It's also sh1te of our fans to take the piss out of him while he warming up for the game, It's plain bloody stupid.  As others have said, we don't have many options so to slag off and take the piss out of a player before we kick a ball in is stupidity of the highest order.  

That’s the problem with so many of our fans- run around a lot, give 100% but no quality, no threat, hopeless at holding the ball up and poor distribution and they are our best players. 

6 minutes ago, 1 said:

I don’t think he’s disinterested at all. I think he’s exasperated because we either don’t, can’t or won’t utilise his strengths. This back 5 leaves a lot of space for Chizzy and Willo to cover and carry the ball, but that’s not his game. Plus if he busts a gut he’ll be injured in 2 minutes. If we’re going to get out of this we need to play to his strengths. To be honest I don’t think one player is comfortable playing in this formation.

But what about 95% of headers loft has won these last 2 games? James Wilson hasn’t been within 15-20 yards of him. Now he’s either not intelligent enough which I don’t believe as he is a very intelligent footballer Willo or he can’t be arsed. Why isn’t he anticipating the flick ons because loft has dominated defenders recently in those aerial battles. If anyone should be frustrated out of them both it’s loft 

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Who would you pick then?

Already said…..I’d have Mighten up front with Chislett playing a number 9. Not sure about Mighten playing up front but I’m pretty sure he will be more of a threat than Loft plus Chislett game in, game out is more of a goal threat than Wilson so let’s get him in that position.

1 hour ago, Osh said:

The shot from Loft was NOT near the corner flag.  I was sat to the left of the goals and it swerved through to the bloke a few seats to my right.  And to be fair to him the ball sat up for a snap shot.  At least he showed some guts to have a shot.  On another day that could have come off.

How many shots has Loft had on target in the half dozen games ?

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

But what about 95% of headers loft has won these last 2 games? James Wilson hasn’t been within 15-20 yards of him. Now he’s either not intelligent enough which I don’t believe as he is a very intelligent footballer Willo or he can’t be arsed. Why isn’t he anticipating the flick ons because loft has dominated defenders recently in those aerial battles. If anyone should be frustrated out of them both it’s loft 

Don’t think it’s Wilson can’t be arsed, I think it’s more his legs have gone, plus our distribution to the forwards ain’t good. 

18 minutes ago, 1 said:

Play with a group of inter-changing attacking midfielders who work as a fluid unit.

Do you have one spare that you can lend us. Askin for a bunch of blokes from sunny Burslem

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

That’s the problem with so many of our fans- run around a lot, give 100% but no quality, no threat, hopeless at holding the ball up and poor distribution and they are our best players. 

I'd have to disagree with that; if you play the ball in to Wilson's feet he often produces a wonderful ball around the corner or cross field to make progress. But we're currently chucking it high towards Loft - again, not his game. 

18 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Already said…..I’d have Mighten up front with Chislett playing a number 9. Not sure about Mighten playing up front but I’m pretty sure he will be more of a threat than Loft plus Chislett game in, game out is more of a goal threat than Wilson so let’s get him in that position.

Fair enough, that wouldn’t work for me.  Maybe others will add their constructive views on this one. 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Plenty. Over the games both Grant and Sang have put some good balls in to the box but when he has ever been there?

Really. Read most game reviews and it's the one thing we don't do. 

Maybe I'm watching a different game than you, eh.

52 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Fair enough, that wouldn’t work for me.  Maybe others will add their constructive views on this one. 👍🏻

Could never understand the Jan loan players from day one.

MIghten is a replacement for Chislet and Chislet only. Possible the last player we would look to leave out. Weir, to me, is an attacking, goalscoring midfield player. Is this Wilsons role.

To me we have added two players that were not priorities and we are struggling to find them their proper position to play in. Certainly would play Mighten in for Wilson after first half IF Wilson continues to do nothing

Archived