onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alex Mighten

smithie

We all love to slag Loft off but not a single person has come up with a plan to do anything else, let alone offer the bloke a crumb of comfort in that he actually gave 100%.  Says a lot about our fans for me.

Advert

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

We all love to slag Loft off but not a single person has come up with a plan to do anything else, let alone offer the bloke a crumb of comfort in that he actually gave 100%.  Says a lot about our fans for me.

His effort has been fantastic lately mate credit where it’s due & I’ll give it. Same as I’ll criticise the ones who aren’t putting effort in like James Wilson who for some reason people aren’t aloud to as if he’s some god 🤦‍♂️ And I’m not just banging on about Willo there’s quite a few in this squad either hiding or not having the desire to fight in this battle we find ourselves in 

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Exactly Osh....but yet some people think the sun shines out of Wilson's a**e no matter how bad he plays 

49 minutes ago, Osh said:

How can you be 'done with him' when we give him zero service.  The man runs his bag off every game and we've got no one feeding the ball into him.  It really is no his fault.

Wilson my post was in reference to. Loft at least tried Saturday. Wilson has the quality but looks completely disinterested, has done for weeks. Had a few ok games when back from injury as he always does and then goes missing. 

Just now, Splodger said:

Exactly Osh....but yet the sun shines out of Wilson's a**e no matter how bsd he plays 

Disagree.  Lots of people on this very thread are having a go at Willow and says he dunna care; I dont think that he dunna care os is disinterested, I just think he's so frustrated that the ball isnt played into where it should be so he can be effective.

Hey ho.

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Disagree.  Lots of people on this very thread are having a go at Willow and says he dunna care; I dont think that he dunna care os is disinterested, I just think he's so frustrated that the ball isnt played into where it should be so he can be effective.

Hey ho.

Come off it osh he’s been garbage since he renewed his contract . I saw him before that & he was clearly working his socks off but ever since he’s been completely disinterested. People aren’t making these things up to have a dig. I love Willo but it’s clear to see he hasn’t give a monkeys of late. Whether the ball falls to him not we want to see effort & commitment & it’s not been there. When I say effort & commitment Ryan loft on Saturday was a prime example. As people have said tho it’s all individual opinions mate 👍🏻 

Regarding Loft I think he had his best game in a Vale shirt on Saturday but despite all that effort he didn't really offer a goal threat and for whatever reason Willo isn't threatening the goal either we need someone up there who is going to improve on that and given his size and his pace I would certainly like to see Mighten given a chance to play up there with chizzie whether that's instead of loft or willo is up for debate but I see no downside to giving the lad a chance

4 minutes ago, kevin_struggles said:

Regarding Loft I think he had his best game in a Vale shirt on Saturday but despite all that effort he didn't really offer a goal threat and for whatever reason Willo isn't threatening the goal either we need someone up there who is going to improve on that and given his size and his pace I would certainly like to see Mighten given a chance to play up there with chizzie whether that's instead of loft or willo is up for debate but I see no downside to giving the lad a chance

We’re crying out for someone with pace & direction mate, no point keep bringing him on when we’re chasing the game or there’s 5 mins left. Give the lad a start let him show what he can do 

4 hours ago, Vtid said:

We didn’t even want him at the start of the season that says it all 😂 he’s bagged 4 goals all season. Nathan smith has 2 he’s not good enough. Has 1 good game in about every 6-7. If he’s not injured he’s strolling around the pitch not arsed. Never won a header in his career he’s overrated & that’s my opinion if we’re talking opinions. He is not the type of player you want in a relegation scrap that’s for sure. I’d rather Ryan loft who flies into tackles & works hard in the situation we find ourselves in right now 

You would rather have someone who  doesn't look like scoring goals but will fly into tackles, my  point is Lofts job is to score goals but fair play to him for getting stuck in ,Up the Vale , KTF .👍

1 hour ago, Osh said:

I take it you haven't seen mine and Brian's Loft Love-In?

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Play with a group of inter-changing attacking midfielders who work as a fluid unit.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Wilson my post was in reference to. Loft at least tried Saturday. Wilson has the quality but looks completely disinterested, has done for weeks. Had a few ok games when back from injury as he always does and then goes missing. 

Most of the team have been missing for months though, but I'd still rather have Wilson in over Loft but it's all about opinions at the end of the day 

Wilson can score goals and

Loft just doesn't look like scoring goals 

1 hour ago, Osh said:

Hey ho.

I don’t think he’s disinterested at all. I think he’s exasperated because we either don’t, can’t or won’t utilise his strengths. This back 5 leaves a lot of space for Chizzy and Willo to cover and carry the ball, but that’s not his game. Plus if he busts a gut he’ll be injured in 2 minutes. If we’re going to get out of this we need to play to his strengths. To be honest I don’t think one player is comfortable playing in this formation.

4 hours ago, Wrex said:

Yep. If Ripley gets injured and Leutweiller stayed on the bench whilst Debrah went in goal then Moore would be sectioned.

It's a simple principle: round pegs, round holes.

Strikers play up front, defenders in defence midfielders in midfield, with wingers on the wing. Sadly, because of poor recruitment, we have the likes of Massey struggling hard at wing-back. There's no need to add to the debacle by leaving strikers on the bench whilst we play non-strikers up front. Granted, Garrity did a job up there, but we need him in midfield

Problem is, some of our round pegs don’t fit the round holes they are meant to. I do agree, playing players out of position is not ideal and should be avoided but due to bad recruitment we have been left with 2 strikers which neither are playing well enough to justify their place and if we continue to play these 2 as they are the only ones then we will continue to get the same results, which is a return of 3 goals in over 60% of the season gone by.

56 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

You would rather have someone who  doesn't look like scoring goals but will fly into tackles , yep  that's genius ,mate 😂

I’ll repeat myself 🙄 Wilson doesn’t score. He’s scored like 7 league goals in two seasons at this level. He’s currently on 2 more league goals this season than Nathan smith. We are in a relegation scrap so yeah I would rather someone who’s going to fight & get stuck in. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Wilson tackle anyone in my life. He’s good when things are going well & we’re playing free flowing football but when the going gets tough & we need to roll our sleeves up, stand up & be counted he goes hiding. He is not the sort of player you want in a dogfight he hasn’t got it in him he just isn’t that sort of player. So yeah right now going off form & the sort of characters we need now Loft gets in before willo. Wilson is the last name I’d want in a relegation battle to be honest 

Archived