onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

36 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Only when the Director asks for them back. In our case it looks like we as a club owe £10m of them . Now that's fine unless the loans get called in. That's when issues arise. 

Unless our next owner comes in and pays them off for us like Carol did 

Advert

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I don't think people are criticising the folks in hospitality themselves, but more the disproportionate focus that has been shown to them whilst the rest of the ground literally falls apart and collapses.

I understand that they're a revenue driver, but the largest revenue driver is winning games of football, which increases attendances, which we haven't shown anywhere near enough focus to.

The facilities in the Railway are absolutely shocking and its a bit galling to the fans that sit there that the club boasts about how great all the new hospitality stuff is when toilets are falling apart and we stand outside in the rain on a hill to get a cup of tea.

Folk in hospitality deserve a good experience, but that doesn't mean the Railway Stand should be completely forgotten about. There hasn't been a single improvement to the stand since Carol took over - it's only become worse.

I think the RW suite was completed to coincide with the concert and I’m not sure that the club fully funded it themselves.  Possibly without the concert the stand would’ve still been half empty, either way it’s a money spinner however you wish to paint it.  Something needed doing to push forward the development of that side, which now depends on the completion of the training facilities allowing the gym to be relocated.  We don’t really need the added capacity but it would still be nice to see the thing finished, in my lifetime at least.

Not withstanding the toilet situation, which was out of the blue and we’re told will be addressed close season with brand new toilet block, hopefully with gold plated taps, facilities in the Railway are what they’ve always been so why is it suddenly this big problem?  Why the outrage?  I suppose the club could put some cover over the area next to the kiosks.  What do you want?

The Hamil move has improved facilities for home fans who prefer to sit behind the goal, no question.  OK, we’ve had a burst drain that side.  These things happen and it meant I pizzed on my trainers the other week in a blackout portaloo, but I got over it, and my trainers dried out.

If you really are that disgusted about the facilities in the Railway then rather than moan you could take positive action and move, if only until the Railway bogs are fixed  and there’s a bit of tarp for you to queue under.  It won’t happen though cuz it’s easier to moan.

Having said this I must confess that I couldn’t care less about facilities.  I’d rather see every penny spent on players and a top manager.

3 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

I don't think people are criticising the folks in hospitality themselves, but more the disproportionate focus that has been shown to them whilst the rest of the ground literally falls apart and collapses.

I understand that they're a revenue driver, but the largest revenue driver is winning games of football, which increases attendances, which we haven't shown anywhere near enough focus to.

The facilities in the Railway are absolutely shocking and its a bit galling to the fans that sit there that the club boasts about how great all the new hospitality stuff is when toilets are falling apart and we stand outside in the rain on a hill to get a cup of tea.

Folk in hospitality deserve a good experience, but that doesn't mean the Railway Stand should be completely forgotten about. There hasn't been a single improvement to the stand since Carol took over - it's only become worse.

Off topic but as the subject of the Railway loo's forms the basis of much of yours and others complaint its worth pointing the following out; If some of my dates are awry please feel free to correct me. I believe there is a very good reason why they have not been immediately replaced; The roof issue which arose and rendered the facilities redundant occurred after the beginning of the season. The club would almost certainly then looked at remediating the existing facilities. I understand that this was done and the club stated that based on the initial survey it made more financial sense to replace with entirely new facilities. They would then have gone to tender and the designers would have required a sewer survey to establish flow volumes and where all the waste was going (its very unlikely that the club has historical as built surveys). This was reported by the club to have encountered an issue with the drains and explains why there are currently ongoing works in the car park. if the existing foul sewer to the Railway facilities needs replacing there is no way they will dig trenches across any access to the Railway stand during the ongoing season because the working area would present a number of access issues and for health & safety reasons be inaccessible to anyone but authorised construction workers. As a consequence nobody would be able to get to the Railway paddock  or emergency exits between the Railway and Hamil stands. My season ticket is in the Railway Stand and the facilities are admittedly Victorian but have patience Joe they will hopefully be replaced at the end of the season.  

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think the RW suite was completed to coincide with the concert and I’m not sure that the club fully funded it themselves.  Possibly without the concert the stand would’ve still been half empty, either way it’s a money spinner however you wish to paint it.  Something needed doing to push forward the development of that side, which now depends on the completion of the training facilities allowing the gym to be relocated.  We don’t really need the added capacity but it would still be nice to see the thing finished, in my lifetime at least.

Not withstanding the toilet situation, which was out of the blue and we’re told will be addressed close season with brand new toilet block, hopefully with gold plated taps, facilities in the Railway are what they’ve always been so why is it suddenly this big problem?  Why the outrage?  I suppose the club could put some cover over the area next to the kiosks.  What do you want?

The Hamil move has improved facilities for home fans who prefer to sit behind the goal, no question.  OK, we’ve had a burst drain that side.  These things happen and it meant I pizzed on my trainers the other week in a blackout portaloo, but I got over it, and my trainers dried out.

If you really are that disgusted about the facilities in the Railway then rather than moan you could take positive action and move, if only until the Railway bogs are fixed  and there’s a bit of tarp for you to queue under.  It won’t happen though cuz it’s easier to moan.

Having said this I must confess that I couldn’t care less about facilities.  I’d rather see every penny spent on players and a top manager.

Stop talking sense 

I was under the impression the concert paid for it 

On 18/02/2024 at 16:09, MBE said:

It’s a genuine account, just not a fan.

The poster is clearly a club employee pushing a narrative to try and calm down the fan base and swing opinion.

Even fully paid up lifelong members of the Happy Clappers Club are struggling with it.

@PVFC FAN If you could get me an audience with Dave Flitcroft I’d be more than happy to express my concerns about his football strategy and state of the squad. If I doorstep him at reception like he asked in the podcast I’m sure he’s not got time to pop down for an 1 hour to talk it through with me. 

Go in on tomorrow and ask for df

20 hours ago, Vtid said:

But we haven’t changed the stadium in 20 years. 20 years!!! There’s a 5 year plan in place 🙄 oh he will do mate when floor cloth feeds him with his dairylea lunchable, kinder egg & fruit shoot for his lunch 

Ye by facilities I meant the academy, toilets, stadium, gym and everything of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

The railway is long overdue a revamp with general facilities and toilets. 

You ask 'What do you want?' Value for money and modern facilities that's what

Slightly off topic, but what a great call that was on P&G from George.  You sound far to rational to read this forum George but that was top stuff fella, a balanced view and have to say usually a great call whenever I hear you on the show. 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

The railway is long overdue a revamp with general facilities and toilets. 

You ask 'What do you want?' Value for money and modern facilities that's what

It is, as was the Bycars.  This is not me moaning but I reluctantly switched ends and can’t say I’m 100% happy in the Hamil but could see the reason for the move and the facilities are massively better so I just get on with it.  If I get fed up I’ll move.  Simple as that.  As for the Railway, we’re having a brand new toilet block.  Ok, maybe there could be a covered area by the kiosks, beyond that what do you want?  Do you ever go to any away games to see what’s out there?

Some of the posts on this thread about Carol are unwarranted, unfair and show a lack of memory and "short termism".

Perhaps her open letter was a tad too much from the heart rather than the head but it doesn't deserve some of the bilge spouted on here.

Comments like "She's divided the fan base and she's up DF's backside (Or words to that effect) etc" are opinions and fans are entitled to their opinions but I would urge such posters to think these comments through as the logical endpoint to words like this are the club is sold which IMHO would be a disaster as the club for the first time in recent memory is being run professionally and is as stable as a lower Lge club gets.

Yep I agree the finger points at Flitcroft for the problems on the pitch but there is no point in him going at the moment, some of the reputed signings we missed out on may have been for reasons beyond his control.

I hope it doesn't happen but Vale may well have to take a step backwards in order to go forwards, it's just reality.

The way forward certainly isn't nasty comments aimed at The Shanahans.

Archived