onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham (A) match thread - 17th Feb

Just watched their goals back. Well..............

First goal - simple. What happened (or didn't happen) to the wall and the positioning of the wall?

Third goal - total embarrassment. Win the first header from the keeper's kick. Don't let it bounce. Kids learn that when that are 9/10 years old. The 'defending' after that was from a comedy sketch.

Good luck Darren. You are going to need it.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Just watched their goals back. Well..............

First goal - simple. What happened (or didn't happen) to the wall and the positioning of the wall?

Third goal - total embarrassment. Win the first header from the keeper's kick. Don't let it bounce. Kids learn that when that are 9/10 years old. The 'defending' after that was from a comedy sketch.

Good luck Darren. You are going to need it.

They took a touch to move the ball to use the gap in the wall. I assumed the gap was to give Ripley some viewing advantage? 

I still cannot see a deliberate handball that lead to that free kick. 

3rd goal was very poor to concede - these headless chicken moments cost us almost every game.  

1 minute ago, Hot Rat said:

They took a touch to move the ball to use the gap in the wall. I assumed the gap was to give Ripley some viewing advantage? 

I still cannot see a deliberate handball that lead to that free kick. 

3rd goal was very poor to concede - these headless chicken moments cost us almost every game.  

I wonder why nobody reacted to the ball changing position from the free kick. ie they didn't anticipate it.

14 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I wonder why nobody reacted to the ball changing position from the free kick. ie they didn't anticipate it.

I said that immediately after they scored. Anticipation (or lack of) appears to be one of our fundamental issues in all aspects of our game management. I've thought so all season. 

20 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Seems to be Dan Jones surname is " gives a way a silly free kick - again".

Come on Vale.

I honestly try to stay positive about all our players but got to agree about jones yesterday. 

He was Cheltenhams best player yesterday by a country mile.He almost gave every dangerous free kick away and as for his passing aimless worldie passes giving possession away when there were simple passes to Chiz ojo and in particular Grant who if I'm correct he failed to pass to the whole game which is astounding. 

And then to cap it all he tried to blame dieppe for the 3rd goal after another ridiculous pass when easy options available. It's not nice to see a senior player berate a young player in such a childlike fashion.

He acted like a big baby

See you at Reading 

UTV

47 minutes ago, Granville said:

Micky Adams got us promoted while we were in administration without a kit to play in! 

What money we had we invested in a good manager with contacts who played a bold brand of football and was tactically good. 

More importantly we invested in players who were winners. Might not have been the best players but they had the right mentality - never shirked a challenge, put their bodies on the line, went the extra mile.

We didn't have fancy facilities, amazing community projects, top notch training grounds or Directors of Football. 

Stevenage don't have any of that. Neither do Northampton, Bristol Rovers etc. 

But they HAVE put money into their first team to survive at this level. We don't appear to have done that - it also appears that all this infrastructure is a convenient excuse not to do it.

That's fair enough and that's one way of doing it. But Carol wants do things a different way. Darrell Clarke still respects Flitcroft and he was a popular manager. I think if we go down then fair enough he should take accountability for the poor recruitment. Yes we lost two of our best in January as their loans cut short (not much we can do) and have been unlucky with injuries and it sounds like the effort was there to bring a striker in but I agree the recruitment has not been good enough recently. However, Darren Moore is a good signing in my opinion. And once we have Garrity back and Clark who I think are both fighters and what we need in this battle then we will just about stay up- don't forget still have games in hand. 

12 minutes ago, ginge said:

That's fair enough and that's one way of doing it. But Carol wants do things a different way. Darrell Clarke still respects Flitcroft and he was a popular manager. I think if we go down then fair enough he should take accountability for the poor recruitment. Yes we lost two of our best in January as their loans cut short (not much we can do) and have been unlucky with injuries and it sounds like the effort was there to bring a striker in but I agree the recruitment has not been good enough recently. However, Darren Moore is a good signing in my opinion. And once we have Garrity back and Clark who I think are both fighters and what we need in this battle then we will just about stay up- don't forget still have games in hand. 

Games in hand mean nothing unless we win them,this month will for me define our season if we don't get anything against reading...lincoln or Fleetwood it's virtually game over and I'm not a believer in miracles either,I really do hope I'm wrong ,we hung on by the skin of our teeth last season,I can't see it happening again 🤔

1 minute ago, Splodger said:

Games in hand mean nothing unless we win them,this month will for me define our season if we don't get anything against reading...lincoln or Fleetwood it's virtually game over and I'm not a believer in miracles either,I really do hope I'm wrong ,we hung on by the skin of our teeth last season,I can't see it happening again 🤔

I think we have to win our next 2 home games or it’s curtains.

16 hours ago, Spunk Trumpet said:

And one more point would be Darrell Clarke.

What happened to him when with us was a tragedy and yes I know we will never get him back but what a man, what a human, and also a man who did things his way! A man who probably went against the rules so to speak. But a man who galvanised this club. Not Carol. Not the idiot DOF. Darrell. He did all of that. He gave us fans that connection. So I’ll say to Darren Moore, please don’t be that guy who gets told what to do and what to say like Crosby. Please don’t take 5 and a half years money to be a nodding dog. You must know how the fans feel. Stop asking us to back the side. We do that every week everywhere!!! Stand up for yourself. Stamp your mark on this team and make it your own and for the love of god, do not listen to the clown that is the director of football because his power that he has, is plummeting this club to league 2. 

If it came down to having a lucrative five and a half year contract and refusing to be a nodding dog...I think I would just stay a nodding dog

And there lies the problem.

DC didn't come in for any of his players who played for him at Vale before deadline day and yesterday it was shown why .

In the space of twelve months we have lost 90 per cent of games yet we go into games with the same players doing the same things .

Literally Darren Moore needs a miracle even with Ben Garrity and plant and Clark back they going need games get up to speed by then be too late I fear hope I'm wrong 

Loft what is it about 10 full games played for us has  he had a attempt on target yet not on about cup games I'd say he has yet make a goalie work apart from getting a bad neck watching the odd shot go into orbit so moving forwards he cannot be played .

We play OK I heard as away v Stevenage yet accommodate him cause he is big .

The work they do in the classroom 

I suggest DETENTION. 

Archived