onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

6 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think that should be the remit of the owners not us fans.

They have to get this right.

Can't say there will be many takers for a rabid dj , rollover hotdogs and face painting against Harrogate on a Tuesday night.

The owners have to get this right. If it takes a week so be it. 

There wouldn't be many takers for that unhinged DJ if we were in the Champions League. Absolutely deafening bilge every week.

• Haha 2

Advert

So if he takes training and matches who's looking for and interviewing managers?
Let's be honest the real reason people want him in the dugout is to give him dogs abuse.
No he is the most experianced manager. Plus he signed all the players we have. He was the reason for the rubbish January signings etc.

6 hours ago, mbycars said:

Martin Foyle just been on radio and said he cannot understand why Flitcroft didn't take charge of the team on Tuesday. He said it shouldn't have been left to the academy guys. Radio Stoke have asked for a statement from Flitcroft but none forthcoming. Still trapped in his bunker i suspect.

I can't imagine why any right thinking person would have any other view on this, especially as we keep being told that he's responsible for all footballing issues - these people need to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

I like flitcroft personally however I can understand our supporters being annoyed at him for not 

1 strengthening the squad with the striker people will happily pay good money watch 

2 not taking charge of the team  the other night .

3 not explaining to the supporters why no strikers brought in after Uche was injured ,a statement would have been respectful to the season ticket holders from the bloke who is the go to for everything to do with the playing side .

My only issue with my club is this don't get too wrapped in development of kids at the expense of the first team 

First teams what folk come see and if them folk no longer want come see in there thousands then we up the creek without a paddle.

Edited by Devine intervention

3 hours ago, Black N White said:

Looks like the investment in the pitch was money well spent! 

The state of it yesterday was truly awful. 

Closer to relegation, Carol. 

We have just had serious rainfall since Tuesday last week 

Golf courses flooded and shut all around Vale park 

Burton game called off in the week 

The pitch held up quite well and so much better than the quadmire it would of been before the work done on it 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

First Post.

Firstly, I would like to thank the Shanahan’s for stepping up in the club’s hour of need and for taking over being custodians of the club.

Secondly, in the Chairs open letter I feel there was a major role objective missed for the Director of Football e.g. football is a performance-based game and so a SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound) objective would be as following:

The Director of Football, is accountable for all football matters shall primarily be measured on league position at the end of the season, based on previous seasons position:

1.         Exceeding Expectations (Top six Finish)

2.        Above Expectations (7th to 13th Finish)

3.        Meeting Expectations (14th to 17th Finish)

4.        Below Expectations (18th to 20th Finish)

5.        Significantly below Expectations (Relegation bottom 4 Finish)

In mid review cycle the Director of Football should be on a time limited PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) as currently significantly well below expectations.  Chair, please run the club with your head not your heart, the pledge of “Championship Ready” will be further away if we are relegated.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

How’s about we stop whinging, trust the owners and support the club, I really don’t get this Flitcroft hating that goes on, are we sure he’s the one who even picks the players to bring in, surely he does it with the manager. Even if he is doing it alone has he really done a bad job, his players got us promoted and have kept us in league 1. I really don’t understand what some vale fans expect we are a little club in a little city Rome wasn’t built in a day. The saviour of this club who has invested millions of her own money into it has said that the fans are wrong about Flitcroft, perhaps we should believe her.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

How’s about we stop whinging, trust the owners and support the club, I really don’t get this Flitcroft hating that goes on, are we sure he’s the one who even picks the players to bring in, surely he does it with the manager. Even if he is doing it alone has he really done a bad job, his players got us promoted and have kept us in league 1. I really don’t understand what some vale fans expect we are a little club in a little city Rome wasn’t built in a day. The saviour of this club who has invested millions of her own money into it has said that the fans are wrong about Flitcroft, perhaps we should believe her.

Where was your support for Flitcroft last week when then the open letter was published or even the weeks leading up to that open letter?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Where was your support for Flitcroft last week when then the open letter was published or even the weeks leading up to that open letter?

Who are you the post reading police, I no longer visit the site every day ( or week ) mainly due to pessimistic miserable bullying posters, sound familiar ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Who are you the post reading police, I no longer visit the site every day ( or week ) mainly due to pessimistic miserable bullying posters, sound familiar ?

To be fair criticism is more than plausible when it’s deserved he’s had a howler in the transfer windows since we come up to league 1. He’s also brought in a couple of decent players in the likes of Ripley & Chislet and not all is bad. I will voice my opinions when I can see the club making mistakes & heading in wrong direction because I care & at the same time I’ll praise them when they do good as I have with this latest managerial appointment, which by the way is an unbelievable effort from Carol & Flitcroft 👍🏻 some fans need to accept that others will express their concerns at times to be honest. Anyways let’s stick together & rally behind the team now 👊🏻 17 cup finals 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Funny how you come on here and have a pop at people about supporting the club etc

Yet, you were no where to be seen when the club really needed your support over the past 10 days or so.

You never showed your support when it was needed

10 hours ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Fans have every right to whinge when results and performances have been so consistently dire in recent months to the point where we’ve slipped from virtual table toppers to relegation fodder.  If you look at the recruitment situation clearly we needed to strengthen our striking options in the last 3 windows.  This last window we’ve watched all our rivals add forwards to their squads whilst we’ve gone backwards, not reacting to losing a recent recruit, Uche, plus our top scorer, Garrity, to injury.  Why shouldn’t fans whinge about this?

• Like 7