onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Initially it was “DF came in for the an interview for the vacant managers job” (despite him “not being interested in getting back into football”) but that’s since changed to “Colin Garlick put me in touch with DF and we spent hours on the phone”… 

Edited by davehartshill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advert

3 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

Initially it was “DF came in for the an interview for the vacant managers job” (despite him “not being interested in getting back into football” but that’s since changed to “Colin Garlick put me in touch with DF and we spent hours on the phone”… 

They can’t keep up with their own poop they are waffling mate 😆

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

I think Ripley falls into the top 4 of keepers in Div 1.  He has been let down by the midfield and defence a lot and so the goals scored are not really his fault.  He has also pulled off numerous saves our previous goal keepers would have let in.  

I agree, Ripley is the only player we have left who has exceeded expectations this season. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vtid said:

They can’t keep up with their own poop they are waffling mate 😆

I guess it is feasible the phone calls happened first and he then came for an interview for the job which is when he talked himself into a role that didn’t exist but “talking for hours” about what they thought a club should look like suggests otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, davehartshill said:

I guess it is feasible the phone calls happened first and he then came for an interview for the job which is when he talked himself into a role that didn’t exist but “talking for hours” about what they thought a club should look like suggests otherwise. 

He’s had her wrapped around his little finger from the get go. That is clear for all to see 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Can we have an additional survey created for 'Do we have confidence in the Shanahans to take Vale forward'

It is a given most fans want the DOF gone...ASAP

It would be interesting to see confidence levels given yesterdays letter

No

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AndyGeorge said:

It doesn't seem possible to keep the fans happy.

It’s impossible to keep all the fans happy, you only have to read some of the prophets on here to see that.  To harangue the owners to the extent some are on here is absolutely potty.  Mistakes have been made but the bitterness evident in some of the posts says much about the characters behind the words they write.

• Like 8

Ripley is doing a fantastic job 

You need a strong spine in front of him the injury to Garrity more than anyone or thing has left us very short in midfield as he does the work of 2 or 3 players .

I think if we can get Jones back to his best it will help no end .

Don't know why we haven't tried Icavetti as the middle centre half .

Ojo on current form since coming back seems half a yard away from the action at centre half or call it sweeper Vale at least look better for it when he plays back there in my opinion

I like Lowe .

Debrah is not a left side of the 3 defender he was atrocious v Orient they were getting past him with ease to my annoyance. 

Smiths OK if playing a big lump other than continually is poor in reading the game and constantly playing the other team on .

In live game v Peterboro last season match commentary commented on that yet Vale seem ok with him.constantly doing it 

Chislett needs to use his quality he defo has given us moments of magic this season I'd give him Wilsons position at present and put Wilson out the team you do not sign a contract look amazing and play with purpose then all of a sudden play how he as last 3 games .

Weir seems tidy on ball but how about winning it of the opposition .

Massey plays well in 2 say out of every 20 games the amount of goals conceded because he and Sang have not tracked back or lost the ball is poor they both need improve ten fold in there defensive work and that's why 4 at the back as come in as the other teams ain't doing anything special they just passing it where are main weaknesses are the silly wing back formation however that doesn't excuse how easy it is pass through our defence lately there positional play absolutely horrendous no matter who plays back there .

Grants not delivered up to yet but then he ain't a wing back play him as a attacking outlet with chislett leave Weir on bench replace one or the other etc etc 

Lots wrong as 3rd from bottom but injuries to plant Garrity and Clark have derailed us completely and big Uche also unbelievable really those 4 would get in my first team every week .

Like I say Vale a series of unfortunate events 

Edited by Devine intervention

6 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Can we have an additional survey created for 'Do we have confidence in the Shanahans to take Vale forward'

I think they are still the right people for the club, partly based on the fact that I'm not sure who else I'd trust to take it on.    However, the open letter was a recipe for disaster and I feel has just stirred the pot more than it was already.   An ill informed decision, executed badly.  Having said that, it may have deflected some of the attention from DF to herself.  Maybe. 

Edited by Brighton Valiant
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brighton Valiant said:

I think they are still the right people for the club, partly based on the fact that I'm not sure who else I'd trust to take it on.    However, the open letter was a recipe for disaster and I feel has just stirred the pot more than it was already.   An ill informed decision, executed badly.

Where's the money? January window...nothing. Players leaving left right and centre. Something isn't working

• Like 1

3 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe she should try understand why fans aren’t happy? It’s quite a simple decision for her, get rid of Flitcroft and the fans will all be united again. Someone with her business acumen shouldn’t be sending out statements written in that manor and which are so one sided. 

As a business person you rarely dismiss people on what other people think. You make your own judgement calls and stick to them. She clearly has time and respect for DF so I’m afraid people will have to like it or lump it! 
The trouble with football fans is they always need someone to blame when things go wrong. I never heard anyone criticising Carol or Flitcroft the season we went up, it’s only when things nosedive.

Unfortunately, regarding managers Carol is quite loyal and both Crosby and Askey were allowed too much time to turn things round.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Dear Bill,

First off, if you want a poll, set one up yourself you lazy-azz

Secondly, another little reminder for you to watch

• Like 1
  • Confused 1