Convinced carol to upgrade infrastructure 

And  upgrade  training facilities 

Instead of improving the playing squad 

We needed strikers in Jan 

He failed to get any in 

He failed in his duties 

That's why most of us are pissed off 

That's why I'm up for option 2 

He persuaded Carol to invest in infrastructure at a time when he was being out-bid for a new striker? !!

Think about what you have just said !!

Advert

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

How far would she get without any fans? 

She needs our money

Brian

It's the other way round isn't it?

It was, and remains, us that needed and still need her money to keep the club out of another administration.

According to Mike Baggaley's updates she is putting in a million a year isn't she?

6 minutes ago, andy jones said:

So you would both prefer someone who lays the law down to fans support groups saying I am the owner and you can <ovf censored> off?

Bloody short memories !!

What has that strawman wibble got to do with quoting Carol saying she wants to be seen as a custodian rather than an owner?

3 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

They are business people fgs. First and foremost.

Yes they are are local business owners. But how far back does the affinity to Vale go? 

I always thought the Shanahans were lifelong fans whom just happened to have a busness here

That illusion is now shattered. Yes I would be more trusting  of a life long fan (Bill Bell and Bratty) for having the desire to take the Vale forward

At the moment Vale are going back...and no real excuses given Vale are one of the biggest in the division from a fanbase and ground size plus financial veiw. The DOF is failing the club where it matters most...on the pitch. Like it or not, I and others are fast becoming very suspicious

Bill Bell to be trusted?

Bratt to be trusted !!!!!

Bratt a life-long Vale fan?

We are one of the biggest in the league from a fan base and financial point of view?

4 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

There would be interest  

PVFC is an attractive proposition

Good loyal fan base 

Championship ready facilities too 

V2001?

Blue Sky?

Mo Choudry?

The guy who disappeared like Shergar?

Smurthwaite?

etc etc

An attractive proposition,,,  losing a £million a year?

Yes there would be lots of interest from those who want the real estate not the football club.

Jesus you clearly were not part of the fans groups who were lied to by so called saviours whllst working tirelessly to fight the tossers off

Brilliant let's piss off the only decent owner we have ever had who has already put £10M of her own money into the club.

Edited by andy jones
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

OK. Lets see what team is going to be next season when their around 1500 - 2000 season ticket holders that will not renew.

If you think this season's been a struggle wait until next with the reduced income

Brian that will be welcomed by some posters as they will have even more opportunity to moan we haven't signed a striker.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Doha said:

What has that strawman wibble got to do with quoting Carol saying she wants to be seen as a custodian rather than an owner?

Because, unlike foresaid owners and potential buyers, she is the only one who has invested money into the football club for unselfish reasons I.e. for the good of the club beyond her custodianship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy jones said:

Brian

It's the other way round isn't it?

It was, and remains, us that needed and still need her money to keep the club out of another administration.

According to Mike Baggaley's updates she is putting in a million a year isn't she?

We wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for her. How would that feel?

30 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Brian that will be welcomed by some posters as they will have even more opportunity to moan we haven't signed a striker.

Ridiculous. It's also at odds with what you posted on Saturday. Make your mind up, or are only you allowed to show dissent?

On 03/02/2024 at 17:07, andy jones said:

Carol said when Flitcroft came for the Managers job within 10 minutes he had convinced her Vale needed a Director of Fooball.

Flircroft is full of <ovf censored>

Crosby is Mr Negative

The so called 'Vale Way' is relegation without any doubt. Its also boring beyond belief.

18 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Because, unlike foresaid owners and potential buyers, she is the only one who has invested money into the football club for unselfish reasons I.e. for the good of the club beyond her custodianship.

That doesn't answer the question of why you'd post "So you would both prefer someone who lays the law down to fans support groups saying I am the owner and you can <ovf censored> off?" in reply to quoting Carol saying she wants to be seen as a custodian rather than the owner. It doesn't really make any sense.

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

People have had there statement I'd leave it at that unless need two wins out of two games stay up then folk will rightly  be annoyed we have 18 Cup finals the players better play like they are .

We have had our bad run it's time we started to win some games now. 

Flood the midfield and stop making it easy for the opposition .

New manager cannot come quick enough for me, whoever he is he will earn my respect as he is taking on playing staff he may not in the long term want .

Why don't Vale do something about the lack of forwards options

Wickham scored some crackers over the years .

Madine he could a job I'm sure of it .

What I cannot understand is why any one would think RLoft is anywhere near the standard required ,did I boo him off the other night No did I enjoy him heading the ball and no one reacting to it No surely if playing that way you put mighten up front with him as Wilsons playing like he is on a mid season break .

Once again there was a whole side of a pitch empty for a Vale player to exploit so why does  our keeper boot it where there was loads of player traffic 

It's absolutely bonkers that hit it the other way someone got a clear run at goal .

We will never score a goal with a quick break as we have players not reacting to that possibility

There's so much wrong 

Give me the job I will do it for nothing alongside my permanent night shift 160 hrs a month for 1800 nothing like footballers get I appreciate it though and live a fairly happy life bar bloody Vale .

Wake up

We need to quicken up 

Are we unfit or does our attitude to work need to change.

Carol rules love that woman that fanzones ace the music man's full of it  .

Could do with his energy on the pitch .

I'm.proud when I look at that score board .

Go get us a free agent who bangs them in might also bring Lofty on to score lets face no Vale wants see any of our players not enjoying there football we want him do well make no mistake about it 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

It is obvious from the open letter that Carol values DF and no way is she sacking him. For this season at least the only way DF leaves is by his own resignation.

What we do have is an owner who has put a hell of a lot of money into the Vale and still does. The best owner we have had in many a year (no decades). We must not alienate Carol from us. Look at Sheffield Wednesday and the mess they are in with the owner and fans or Reading to that matter. 

This season is now 18 games of cup finals and tin hats. 54 points are still to play for. United we stand divided we fall.

We need an experienced manager who motivates the players we have got to at least have pride in the shirt, play for the fans and the club and move us out of relegation. A tall order yes - but until we are mathematically down we are not relegated.

Not how we all envisaged the season going but that is football. It’s either L1 or L2 next season.

This will be the most important and crucial manager appointment in Carols ownership to date. Let’s hope DF gets it right for all of us.

Roll on Saturday against a very good side that knows how to win. 

AC has gone, DF is going no where, we’ve read a letter which had some parts most don’t like and some parts that some do like and to we need a new manager. Typical Vale it’s not a season without drama.

VTID

• Like 5

I think it is easy to say that it is Carols money and we have to keep Carol onside but if the football is continually dreadful people won't go to watch.  Plenty of businesses have failed due to the management not understanding the customer. I have been watching Vale for over 20 years but I am wondering about giving it up. Leyton Orient showed how football should be played, with a team of players who knew how to play for each other and wanted to score goals. We are neither entertaining to watch nor successful.

• Like 6