onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

An Open Letter from Carol

Advert

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

20 years ago smart ars. Once again you have come out with another stupid comment. You wonder why we haven't done anything for 20 years. We went up to league 1 splashed the cash and look we went into administration. How can you be so stupid. This time we are trying to go further than league 1. That once again we haven't done for over 20 years

This is all well and good but you cant just neglect the here and now . Im not paying for my season ticket to watch the team in 5 years im paying to watch now and all i can see is a shambles of a team steam rolling towards relegation . In her own words we need to become league one steady when really they should be saying were back to league two already 

1 hour ago, pvfc1994 said:

She's so out of touch with the every day fan. We aren't corporate sponsors or hobnobbing in hospitality suites, we are fans who pay a large chunk of our hard earned wages on this football club and our opinions are being completely disregarded. 

I understand people's frustrations about the current debacle at the club.

However, and I've seen a couple of comments about this, I don't understand the critical comments about the 'hospitality suites' and the people who attend Port Vale matches as Port Vale fans in them. These just seem 'throw away',  unnecessary comments.

Do people think that people in the hospitality have more than a say than anybody else? Do you think there is a lot 'hobnobbing'? 

These comments are a divisive.

18 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Good on you  Carol! Thank you for your letter.  I hope that all PV fans will read it,  reflect upon it and give thanks for the ownership we've got. I for one, certainly do!

Carol and Kevin are nice people, good at business and PV and its fans owe a BIG debt of gratitude that it is they who saved us from the misery of the Smurf era and yet another potential administration.  

Secondly, Carol recognised early on that running a football club is like no other type of business and sensibly hired in DF, someone she felt was not only the right calibre of person but had sufficient footballing knowledge to help bring to life some of the aims for our club that she & Kevin had defined.

As is clearly shown in the open letter, what has been achieved in such a relatively short time span is nothing short of a minor miracle.  Of course mistakes have occurred as Carol freely admits. Perhaps one of those is the delay in reminding us all just what has been happening behind the scenes.  As fans we are always much more focused (understandably) and myopic, concentrating only on what is occurring on-pitch.  

However, I sincerely hope that Carol's letter makes us all reflect and temper the extremely harsh (and sometimes, vindictive) barbs that are appearing in too many recent posts. I finished that earlier post this week, by stating that while I obviously do not want us to be relegated, I would prefer to be solvent in League Two under sensible, caring ownership, than being run towards financial ruin by the unrealistic expectations of an ego-driven owner. 

Yes, on the playing side, I'm as disappointed as the next person that we don't have a big enough and better balanced squad.  At the end of the day in any business, (and football, for all its quirks and foibles, is still a business) costs always have to be balanced against revenue and, DF no doubt, like the other departmental sections of PV's business, has to work within budget constraints. Unfortunately in football that is where reality and expectations clash--see my same earlier post and its comments about some Premiership clubs and EFLclubs' with financial problems and subsequent official sanctions. I am not here to defend DF but consider this when taking a pop at him; added to the usual budgetary constraints he has to work to, there are also the complexities and complications always inherent in transfer market dealings with players' injuries, fitness, motivation, egos and sometimes, agents & salary expectations. 

Finally, a heartfelt plea: can we all please recognise how lucky we are to have a  Chair like Carol.  Please stop the totally unwarranted abuse and extreme criticism and get behind her, Kevin, the club's executives and, of course the next manager and team. One can clearly feel in that open letter, some of the frustration & hurt that Carol understandably must feel. In my humble opinion, she & Kevin are the best thing to happen to PV for many a long year.  The last thing we need, is for Carol to decide that the level of animosity to her being expressed by some individuals' is not worth the aggravation. 

UTV! 

Brilliant post mate.

5 minutes ago, pvfc1994 said:

Micky Adams had us playing fantastic football with just a patch of grass, a few footballs and hard work. It's not rocket science. 

Fancy new training facilities doesn't turn bad players good. 

Ye why don't you look at Brighton as an example. Those were the old days. That was 20 years ago. Obviously some of you are stuck in the past

3 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I understand people's frustrations about the current debacle at the club.

However, and I've seen a couple of comments about this, I don't understand the critical comments about the 'hospitality suites' and the people who attend Port Vale matches as Port Vale fans in them. These just seem 'throw away',  unnecessary comments.

Do people think that people in the hospitality have more than a say than anybody else? Do you think there is a lot 'hobnobbing'? 

These comments are a divisive.

I think the comments towards hospitality is to do with the fact a lot of the clubs publicity is towards the new robbie suite while they are all up in there swanky conditions us commoners dont have a pot to piss in

Just now, Bycarsbill said:

I suspect I'm missing something here?!!

Bill, have we heard from Kevin since the club was purchased. I don’t know if he has any involvement apart from his role in the purchase of the club, which I thank him for doing. So unless anyone can tell me any difference then how can he be held to account for our current situation.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

This is all well and good but you cant just neglect the here and now . Im not paying for my season ticket to watch the team in 5 years im paying to watch now and all i can see is a shambles of a team steam rolling towards relegation . In her own words we need to become league one steady when really they should be saying were back to league two already 

We can't just go up and splash money. We need to put the infrastructure in place.

I think the comments towards hospitality is to do with the fact a lot of the clubs publicity is towards the new robbie sweet while they are all up in there swanky conditions us commoners dont have a pot to piss in

Don't get what the problem is.

Just now, PVFC FAN said:

We can't just go up and splash money. We need to put the infrastructure in place.

Nobody is saying we need to splash loads of money. But we should be able to put a team in place much better suited to the ine we currently we have 

Nobody is saying we need to splash loads of money. But we should be able to put a team in place much better suited to the ine we currently we have 

It says we planned to go up to L1 in 3 or 5 years. This would have given time to get facilities ready. We went up in 1 year of Flitcroft taking over. We are ahead of schedule.

6 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

20 years ago smart ars. Once again you have come out with another stupid comment. You wonder why we haven't done anything for 20 years. We went up to league 1 splashed the cash and look we went into administration. How can you be so stupid. This time we are trying to go further than league 1. That once again we haven't done for over 20 years

Listen I don’t know you but carry on speaking to me like a knob head and I soon will. My point being we’ve had good teams before without all this fancy stuff the owners are so set on sorting as a priority. Trying to go further? By recruitment players who are league 2 standard? all on Flitcroft these are his players. like someone has mentioned we played good football under Micky Adams with the basics. we need decent players but have a head of recruitment who scouts the Scandinavian market & likes of Ryan loft for ‘ a while ‘ who is utter garbage. Scoreboards & fan zones don’t bring success players do & we don’t have many up to it because Flitcroft has failed us 

Archived