David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

2 minutes ago, Rory said:

No excuse not to have kicked on! We finished 18th last year, do you expect us to be a lot higher than that? How many years is it until you expect us to be in the Champions League?

Expectation seems out of control which is probably partly be down to the club PR machine. Some of the stuff on here recently is bonkers.

I personally think some of the business the club has done has been bonkers!

January 2023 transfer window failure! Clarke sacked in April 

January  2024 transfer window failure! Crosby sacked in Feb

Supporters starting to walk away, the club is in absolute freefall, the only hope we have is getting a couple back fit and bringing in a couple of out of contract players. We have been completely let down, the letter from Carol and the podcast from the club with Flitcroft, is sticking two fingers up at the supporters. The very supporters that have followed this club for generations, that are the lifeblood of this club, no good having swanky sports hubs at Dimensions, or incredible community groups helping local people, if ultimately the prime business of football is neglected. 

The club haven't even updated the staff page this morning its still showing the previous manager assistant manager,  coach, and goalkeeping coach down as in charge. 

WWW.PORT-VALE.CO.UK

The supporters deserve better, this is shambolic and it needs addressing pretty damn quick or we are going down Flitcroft Out! (no bullying intended) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Rory said:

No excuse not to have kicked on! We finished 18th last year, do you expect us to be a lot higher than that? How many years is it until you expect us to be in the Champions League?

Expectation seems out of control which is probably partly be down to the club PR machine. Some of the stuff on here recently is bonkers.

Yea, I did expect us to finish higher than 18th with all the guff the club was spouting out. Maybe I'm just naive & gullible. Oh, & I don't think we'll ever be in the Champions league. Even I'm not that stupid. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark-Valiant said:

Yea, I did expect us to finish higher than 18th with all the guff the club was spouting out. Maybe I'm just naive & gullible. Oh, & I don't think we'll ever be in the Champions league. Even I'm not that stupid. :classic_biggrin:

Yeah, I think the club have definitely contributed to raising fan expectations to daft levels.

• Like 2

I have just listened to the Ale and Vale Podcast in which Bezza summed Saturday up as Men against Boys.

All so called Carol and Flitcroft fans let that sink in !

We were playing CHELTENHAM TOWN 

That just sums up our current situation.

We have won about 12 Games out of the Last 50 or thereabouts.

Vale Supporters deserve better, far better !

I wish Flitcroft no Harm but he hasn’t got a clue when it comes to Recruitment.

Garrity,Ripley and the Two Loan Signings who we have now lost are the only successes.

How many more are really good enough, Ojo but he tends to spit his Dummy Out when it suits.

We decide to play with Wing Backs but only sign one. who has been injured.

We sign players who are injury prone not one or two but half the squad.

We have kept being told we have a Fit and Close Knit Group, Really ?

We continually sign Players and make them worse, they do it at other clubs but not for us.

Players are picked out of Position etc.etc !
Darrell Clarke has proved at Cheltenham that he can manage at League One Level with average players, it makes you think what a Shambles on the Pitch,we currently are !

Where was the Passion and Fight on that Pitch on Saturday apart from 3 or 4 Players.

They then come on Social Media and on Interviews and apologise and say we have to be Better then go out and get Worse.

At Least Crosby apologised after Poor Performances, Moore couldn’t even do that.

Moore is just another Flitcroft Lap Dog.

All this I feel Proud to be the Manager of Port Vale, what when he’s managed in the Premier League etc. 
He saw the vision of our Director of Football and was aligned with it.

A Manager sacked after winning 3 out of 23 gets a 5 and 1/2 Year Contract at a League One Club, what a load of ********
The only ones showing any Passion at Port Vale at the moment are the Fans.

I would have hired a manager based on Results, on a Year on Year Contract.

Any Manager worth his Salt would do that, like Nigel Adkins.

I wish Moore well and hope he can manage to keep us up but I wasn’t exactly impressed with his after match Interview on Saturday, it was Cringeworthy like the Team’s Performance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark-Valiant said:

What's the point in being Championship ready if we're slumming it in L2? Last season people could argue that we may well of been unprepared but we survived. There's no excuse for us not to have kicked on this season though. Flitcrofts poor decision making's cost us big time & is the reason we find ourselves in the relegation zone. 

Poor recruitment full stop is the reason 👍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Yeah, I think the club have definitely contributed to raising fan expectations to daft levels.

Can you tell me what 'daft levels' is? What have you seen fans expecting which is daft? Mid-table League 1 is a position that an incompetent, dangerous buffoon like Norman Smurthwaite had us finishing with ease.

I look at Exeter, Northampton, Lincoln and don't see any reason why we can't be in a similar position.

Properly reflect on this, Rory. You're a sound bloke who seemingly has given up on any hope of PVFC doing anything decent.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 7

Why do we keep on releasing videos on social media of the graduates who’ve signed professional deals? We already know this & yes it’s fantastic for the club to generate our youth prospects but is it also another ‘ oh look what Flitcroft is doing ‘ 🤔 we were selling wonderkids to Man City long before he joined the club. Looks even worse when they’ve been nowhere near the match day squad for the last month or so 🙄

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Why do we keep on releasing videos on social media of the graduates who’ve signed professional deals? We already know this & yes it’s fantastic for the club to generate our youth prospects but is it also another ‘ oh look what Flitcroft is doing ‘ 🤔 we were selling wonderkids to Man City long before he joined the club. Looks even worse when they’ve been nowhere near the match day squad for the last month or so 🙄

It does seem there is a concerted effort to convince the fans that DF is doing a good job.

If they just focused on winning games of football, we'd all agree.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Can you tell me what 'daft levels' is? What have you seen fans expecting which is daft? Mid-table League 1 is a position that an incompetent, dangerous buffoon like Norman Smurthwaite had us finishing with ease.

I look at Exeter, Northampton, Lincoln and don't see any reason why we can't be in a similar position.

Properly reflect on this, Rory. You're a sound bloke who seemingly has given up on any hope of PVFC doing anything decent.

We are like them! They've all been relegated from this tier of English football recently and have been bopping between the lower leagues as you'd expect. Lincoln have even been out of the football league entirely in recent years.

Are we in a position where we want to replace the director of football every time we get relegated from the third tier now? If we want to be more like Northampton Town we'll be going through quite a few of them as they're up and down like Tower Bridge.

16 minutes ago, Rory said:

We are like them! They've all been relegated from this tier of English football recently and have been bopping between the lower leagues as you'd expect. Lincoln have even been out of the football league entirely in recent years.

Are we in a position where we want to replace the director of football every time we get relegated from the third tier now? If we want to be more like Northampton Town we'll be going through quite a few of them as they're up and down like Tower Bridge.

I think, Rory, you seem to take relegation to League 2 as part and parcel of being a Vale fan - which completely removes any agency from the people who run the club. It's just natural forces at work. Newton's 5th Law - Port Vale must be relegated every so often to the fourth tier. What can Flitcroft do in such a situation?

Of course, the reality is that we made a bad appointment in the summer, and then through chasing daft targets failed to meet the publicly-stated aims of the transfer window, before panic-sacking that very same manager about 3 months too late. This isn't just the natural vicissitudes of PVFC, but poor decision-making by the DoF. 

If we'd done everything right and still gone down, then I'd be more aligned with you, but it seems to me that the bloke upstairs has made a series of quite bad decisions for other 12 months, and that's why we'll possibly get relegated - not just the tides of fortune correcting us to our natural place. We've put the cart before the horse, talking of loads of high-end stuff without ever forming a competent League 1 squad. 

Competence would keep us up. We shouldn't have appointed Crosby, shouldn't have left it till early Feb to sack him, we should have signed a left sided player and a forward in January as Flitcroft announced we would, and we should have made survival and consolidation the number 1 priority before talk of El Presidentes, Campuses, and T-Zones.

These aren't hindsight, retrospective targets (which Carol seems to love), but stuff the average fan has been banging on about for ages, before getting told off by a letter. If they saw these mistakes coming, why should it be accepted that we're relegated as a result of them? 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Rory said:

No Rory, we just want transparency and ethics. No more BS.

• Like 3