David Flitcroft Out

Flitcroft out?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Should David Flitcroft go?

• Yes
    • No

Advert

2 hours ago, Rory said:

We have more of a chance of getting an Arblaster or Devine now that we're a sensible football club trying to do things properly. Improving and maintaining the pitch and facilities will help.

We used to be a complete shambles of a football club owned/ran by con men but we're not in that place anymore. I really think we should have looked at getting a new ground though, there must have been a way.

Ah yes, because now all the football is being run by honest and open Dave Flitcroft. 

• Like 1

I'm sure Dave Flitcroft has the data on it already. Players in our squad have experience of relegation from L1.

Ripley, Smith, Clarke, Grant, Weir, Chislett, Loft - 7 Senior PLAYERS

A squad made up of perennial losers and kids not ready for the 1st team.

We've prepared well for relegation from L1.

Hang it up in the dressing room.

L2 Ready

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rory said:

It will be a disappointing season but I think we have expect that we're likely to be in and around the relegation mix in this league at the moment unless we overachieve, which is what we should be aspiring to do. Last season we did well. According to Matt Hancock in his Baggers interview our income streams put us below League One. The furore about us struggling in this league just seems a bit over the top, it is hardly outrageous.

I think the club are doing a lot of good things and we'll hope to reap the rewards in the medium to long term. Things are getting better. There's a lot that's not perfect, we've made mistakes with recruitment (but I think it has been generally decent under the regime), I think we've now made a mistake with our new manager, and I think it's a mistake to not look at least look at a new ground and get away from the neverending money pit that is Vale Park.

I think we just need to be a bit more realistic. The reaction is as though we're heading to non league, I could understand it a bit more if that were the case. I have tried to understand why people are quite so angry about our director of football but I just find it difficult.

I'm sorry if I am a bad man for feeling this way but I can't help it.

You’re not a bad man at all, but we are heading to Non-League, if not  liquidation, mark my words. 
Flitcroft is poisoning the club , and Carol Shanahan is letting him. 

Edited by Houston Valiant
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

You’re not a bad man at all, but we are heading to Non-League, if not  liquidation, mark my words. 

I do think such doom mongering is OTT, but then look at Forest Green Rovers. Had a top manager, good players, got promoted out of League One ahead of us. Then the manager and the best players left, daft decisions from the boardroom for a couple of years and they're currently firmly rooted in the League Two relegation zone.

If good decisions are made in the summer then we can be promoted straight back up. But equally, we can be down with the deadmen is poor decisions are made and we have a fourth consecutive bad transfer window.

11 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I do think such doom mongering is OTT, but then look at Forest Green Rovers. Had a top manager, good players, got promoted out of League One ahead of us. Then the manager and the best players left, daft decisions from the boardroom for a couple of years and they're currently firmly rooted in the League Two relegation zone.

If good decisions are made in the summer then we can be promoted straight back up. But equally, we can be down with the deadmen is poor decisions are made and we have a fourth consecutive bad transfer window.

Personally, even if we go down, I don't think we will come back up. Teams that could be in that league next season are bigger and stronger than us. Their budgets will be much bigger too

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Personally, even if we go down, I don't think we will come back up. Teams that could be in that league next season are bigger and stronger than us. Their budgets will be much bigger too

If everyone expects us to be soaring high in League One, as they seem to, then surely promotion from League Two has to be a banker?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

If the top four go up in League Two as it stands then there shouldn't be anyone to worry about too much. Only thing is that anyone is a worry to us at the moment, and also less big clubs means less gate revenue.

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

If the top four go up in League Two as it stands then there shouldn't be anyone to worry about too much. Only thing is that anyone is a worry to us at the moment, and also less big clubs means less gate revenue.

Notts County will be stronger next season.

Bradford look like finally they have got the right manager to get them out of the league

If MK Dons don't go up this season, they will definitely go up next season.

Carlisle will have a huge budget for this league with their new found wealth

Chesterfield have a owner worth £500 million and will be top 3 for certain next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rory said:

If everyone expects us to be soaring high in League One, as they seem to, then surely promotion from League Two has to be a banker?

I have never seen a poster miss the point on basically everything like you do.

Who said that we should be soaring high in League One?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rory said:

You used to be so sensible, mate.

There's a middle ground between 'soaring high in League One' and 'making peace with being relegated'. I'm not sure a single fan expects us to be soaring high.

An improvement on 18th is a very fair expectation for this season. Anything below that is a disappointing year. I think most fans would have been pretty pleased with 14th.

I'm not sure how some fans have had their expectations realigned to the point where relegation from the third tier is acceptable. 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

You used to be so sensible, mate.

There's a middle ground between 'soaring high in League One' and 'making peace with being relegated'. I'm not sure a single fan expects us to be soaring high.

An improvement on 18th is a very fair expectation for this season. Anything below that is a disappointing year. I think most fans would have been pretty pleased with 14th.

I'm not sure how some fans have had their expectations realigned to the point where relegation from the third tier is acceptable. 

I disagree. I used to be a moron, now I'm sensible.

We can't expect to finish 14th in League One. It is a lot to ask to expect to overacheive year after year, we can hope for it but we can't expect it. When we're at this level, as things stand, we will have seasons where we struggle and some of those will end up with us relegated. It might happen this year, if it doesn't it will happen another year. That's football and that's Port Vale.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Nobody is saying we should be so high in league 1, but no way should we be hanging on for our lives either. There’s 2 teams below us bloody Carlisle & fleetwood who have both done a job on us this season. We should be competing along the lines of teams such as Burton, Cambridge, Northampton to mention a few at the very least! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, Rory said:

I disagree. I used to be a moron, now I'm sensible.

We can't expect to finish 14th in League One. It is a lot to ask to expect to overacheive year after year, we can hope for it but we can't expect it. When we're at this level, as things stand, we will have seasons where we struggle and some of those will end up with us relegated. It might happen this year, if it doesn't it will happen another year. That's football and that's Port Vale.

What's the point in being Championship ready if we're slumming it in L2? Last season people could argue that we may well of been unprepared but we survived. There's no excuse for us not to have kicked on this season though. Flitcrofts poor decision making's cost us big time & is the reason we find ourselves in the relegation zone. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Mark-Valiant said:

What's the point in being Championship ready if we're slumming it in L2? Last season people could argue that we may well of been unprepared but we survived. There's no excuse for us not to have kicked on this season though. Flitcrofts poor decision making's cost us big time & is the reason we find ourselves in the relegation zone. 

No excuse not to have kicked on! We finished 18th last year, do you expect us to be a lot higher than that? How many years is it until you expect us to be in the Champions League?

Expectation seems out of control which is probably partly be down to the club PR machine. Some of the stuff on here recently is bonkers.

• Confused 2