onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Poll: rate Port Vale's January transfer window

robf

Vote: rate Vale's January transfer window business  

141 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Port Vale did during the 2024 January transfer window?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

The window is as bad as last year , the DOF saying we need a striker and a left wing back the recruits neither . Instead we bring in another centre back and a winger err I’m confused ?? . The club is frankly a circus with little focus on the playing side , it more about the expense seats , the foundation and RW.

The ground is knackered  2/3 of us using portaloos  which is garbage .

Carol needs to come speak with the fan base as we are all frustrated at events in the last week. 

Advert

3 hours ago, JRC said:

It's incredibly hard to pass overall judgement after 2 or 3 games. As people have said Devine did little during his first month and was inconsistent for a couple of months after. Arblaster was the one who hit the ground running. 

The reason that Arblaster hit the ground running compared to Devine was the Arblaster had basically a near full pre season training with us including pre-season games where Devine joined us after the season kicked off.

The window is as bad as last year , the DOF saying we need a striker and a left wing back the recruits neither . Instead we bring in another centre back and a winger err I’m confused ?? . The club is frankly a circus with little focus on the playing side , it more about the expense seats , the foundation and RW.
Carol needs to come speak with the fan base as we are all frustrated at events in the last week. 
Been reported the winger can play and has played up front with good results, so maybe he'll be plonked up there? Whatever happens we can't waste him. We need his pace, flair and aggression and attack. On the wing or up front, no where else.

27 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Carol has done her bit, upgrading and paying Flickers even more to go full time. It is him who has not delivered. 

24 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:
30 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Been reported the winger can play and has played up front with good results, so maybe he'll be plonked up there? Whatever happens we can't waste him. We need his pace, flair and aggression and attack. On the wing or up front, no where else.

Didn’t Thomas have pace, flair, aggression and attack? Didn’t utilise him well before his injury.

I know a lot wouldn’t of been best pleased if we brought a young striker in on loan in the mould of Thomas, but at the very least could we not have used the Tommy deal as a way of getting a striker in return off Burnley? If anything it would of been an extra body through the door & an option up top 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Carol has done her bit, upgrading and paying Flickers even more to go full time. It is him who has not delivered. 

I think he'll play just off Wilson or Loft. He did play wingback when he was at Sheffield Wednesday.  At Forest he played on the wing or through the middle. No idea where he played in Belgium.

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Didn’t Thomas have pace, flair, aggression and attack? Didn’t utilise him well before his injury.

He did at times. He was good during a couple of cameos from the bench and in some of his starts against weaker teams in the cup. He really struggled in his 2 starts and some of his substitute appearances in the league. I thought we'd signed a diamond after the Fleetwood game but that was probably the highlight of his loan. He certainly had potential but I think he'd have benefited more from a league 2 loan.

Just now, JRC said:

He did at times. He was good during a couple of cameos from the bench and in some of his starts against weaker teams in the cup. He really struggled in his 2 starts and some of his substitute appearances in the league. I thought we'd signed a diamond after the Fleetwood game but that was probably the highlight of his loan. He certainly had potential but I think he'd have benefited more from a league 2 loan.

He was never getting any game time with AC, so no run of games which Uche got.

Thomas was brilliant in that second half v Charlton away.

Charlton were totally battering us in that second half, a bit like we battered Charlton up here, but the outlet of Thomas was something Charlton could not handle forcing them into making mistakes etc

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Don’t think we played him to his strengths, we needed to be more direct with balls for him to run on to. He didn’t really suit our style of play at the time, probably be more effective now we are a bit more direct. I also think he’d been a lot better alongside Uche.

13 minutes ago, JRC said:

I think he'll play just off Wilson or Loft. He did play wingback when he was at Sheffield Wednesday.  At Forest he played on the wing or through the middle. No idea where he played in Belgium.

he played in Kortrijk - I shall get my coat

3 minutes ago, JRC said:

I’d say it’s more a Crosby problem than a Thomas problem. He had the kind of attributes that frighten defenders at this level but we chose not to exploit them which is weird to me as we had seemingly wanted him all summer. Also would say players need a run of games to show what they can do not just in one then out or give them ten minutes at the end and hope for the best, that will never get the best out of anyone. I guarantee if we had started Josh consistently he’d have contributed a lot more than Uche or Loft would have in that time.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I think he'll play just off Wilson or Loft. He did play wingback when he was at Sheffield Wednesday.  

Archived