onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2024 England International cricket games

robf

There's going to be plenty of games starting off with the Test series in India so here's a thread to contain all your thoughts.

Kicking off on the first Test...

Looks like one of those games that's going to be over in 2-3 days at the most. Nice to see the England tail wagging a bit. I think we'll know what the state of the pitch is like when India bat but personally I'm not too hopeful of getting a positive result - as I'm not sure Ahmed, Hartley, Leach (and Root) are in the same spinning League as Ashwin, Jadeja and Patel. 

Advert

Think 246 was a decent competitive score however there’s a lot of inexperience in that bowling lineup and Hartley copped it early. I wonder in hindsight if having Anderson there would maybe have been the better option with his know-how?

England burning all three reviews within 14 overs has to be a record too? Something we’ve never been good at since it first came in.

Great stuff from Tom Hartley taking all four wickets so far and there’s a chance for England to do this. India will be thinking just one decent partnership and it should do it but the pitch is offering enough to give England confidence.

Awesome win for the WI in Australia earlier too. Hopefully that can be the start of something for them again.

On 25/01/2024 at 17:37, Andy Proctor said:

If we don't lose this series 5 nil then I will be amazed as India just have much better spin bowlers to pick from so should win every test relatively easily.

That lasted well!!!

That was just amazing. Tom Hartley that was brilliant on debut to bowl like that second innings after getting carted in the first. How many of these close tests do we get under Stokes, it’s like it’s almost every time we play.

Brilliant day for test cricket all round though with what happened in Australia too.

10 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Thanks I've now got ring Samaritans. Have a think about what you post with your I told you so posts and how that effects people with mental health problems.

It wasn’t an I told you so. 

Well poised test match again. England need another 332 to win with 9 wickets in hand. India obviously favourites defending that fourth innings but been here before with them being ahead in the game… Probably one of the biggest successes of Bazball is those run chases where you think no chance now there’s a bit of doubt. Needs at least one batsman to go big though, Root feels due a score!

Good job to take 20 Indian wickets again with three spinners all of whom are not exactly experienced plus Jimmy of course approaching the midpoint of his career. That’s a great achievement and once again where Stokes really excels as captain. 

Archived