onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

5 minutes ago, Powerline said:

That is some seriously atrocious refereeing. But the clowns get picked still every week.

There is a good reason why the same refs are getting picked every week and that is because there is a complete shortage due to morons like him yesterday, people don't want to get into the job due to the abuse they get.  The reason we lost yesterday was not because of the ref but the way we set up under Mr Negative.

Advert

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Work shy and unmotivated is very harsh mate in my opinion.

I thought we worked really hard as a team but the game highlights what we have said about Vale for 24 months . We are too nice and weak as piss. We were severely outmuscled up front and in midfield.

Uche had an awful game before his injury. He won the ball once in 30 odd minutes. Weir and Gore were bullied and the ball just kept coming back. To our credit I thought our defence did well considering the amount of pressure they were under.

Bishop and Morrell were in the refs ear for every tackle and decision which affected his performance. Our plays just keep playing and then when the ref makes a decision say ‘yes sir’ and walk away. That’s why I say it’s watching men v boys yesterday.We just don’t have enough experience in our team and it’s painful to watch at times.

Unless we can get Ojo back in midfield within a few games its going to be a very very tough task avoiding relegation.

With Uche injury hopefully Flicker pivots from his current thinking stated at the forum and brings in a senior striker. Just brining in another young loan striker just isn’t going to cut it.

The top and bottom of it after initial first 10 minutes we did generally very little throughout .

Uche didn't look up for it yet he should have been Wilson hid all game what was up with him ,the lads in midfield needed help what's he do he takes one off puts one on why not change the formation in first half when that Lowry was having such a easy time of it it was ridiculous .

Where's Cass least he is attack minded .

Why wasn't Debrah starting .

Where was Williams 

Where was the desire get about them and get a positive result .

Surely if playing a young lad you do not play him in a system where it makes him look terrible .

The amount of times I saw club captain be 10 yards away from Bishop was startling

We will be relegated or close to been , I thought we turned the corner with recent home displays but yesterday was quite frankly the most bored I've being at a football match, since Middlesborough/Derby you name it's not like it isn't too often .

It is its alright for most folk they have Saturdays off I work till 6a.m sat morning to watch that .

Actually what the hell was it 

Downright awful 

I'm not accepting of performances like that .

I expected see players running through brick walls for us .

The last 12 months the Vale have won no more than say 7 out of 43  games at a guess .

We need get some winners in .

1 minute ago, valefan79 said:

There is a good reason why the same refs are getting picked every week and that is because there is a complete shortage due to morons like him yesterday, people don't want to get into the job due to the abuse they get.  The reason we lost yesterday was not because of the ref but the way we set up under Mr Negative.

That last bit is completely wrong.  Despite the way we set up the game was sat at nil nil until the ref award the opposition a penalty, from which they scored the winning goal.  Whatever you think of Crosby and his tactics he’s not the one who blew the whistle.

1 minute ago, Guitar Ray said:

That last bit is completely wrong.  Despite the way we set up the game was sat at nil nil until the ref award the opposition a penalty, from which they scored the winning goal.  Whatever you think of Crosby and his tactics he’s not the one who blew the whistle.

The penalty was the correct decision in my view and first time I have agreed with Crosby, strong challenge but he got the ball on Chislett, as the slow motion replay showed for me that was right.  If we had a player go down like theirs, we would have been screaming for a penalty and calling the ref a cheat if not given.

1 minute ago, valefan79 said:

The penalty was the correct decision in my view and first time I have agreed with Crosby, strong challenge but he got the ball on Chislett, as the slow motion replay showed for me that was right.  If we had a player go down like theirs, we would have been screaming for a penalty and calling the ref a cheat if not given.

Penalty, or not, that’s down to the ref not Crosby.

22 hours ago, Vtid said:

Finally? Where have you been all season haha i've been crosby out for the majority of it. Didn't want the guy in the first place mate, then i tried to get behind him about a month or so ago but i can't anymore. 

Ok.mate , no worries 😆👍

18 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

The top and bottom of it after initial first 10 minutes we did generally very little throughout .

Uche didn't look up for it yet he should have been Wilson hid all game what was up with him ,the lads in midfield needed help what's he do he takes one off puts one on why not change the formation in first half when that Lowry was having such a easy time of it it was ridiculous .

Where's Cass least he is attack minded .

Why wasn't Debrah starting .

Where was Williams 

Where was the desire get about them and get a positive result .

Surely if playing a young lad you do not play him in a system where it makes him look terrible .

The amount of times I saw club captain be 10 yards away from Bishop was startling

We will be relegated or close to been , I thought we turned the corner with recent home displays but yesterday was quite frankly the most bored I've being at a football match, since Middlesborough/Derby you name it's not like it isn't too often .

It is its alright for most folk they have Saturdays off I work till 6a.m sat morning to watch that .

Actually what the hell was it 

Downright awful 

I'm not accepting of performances like that .

I expected see players running through brick walls for us .

The last 12 months the Vale have won no more than say 7 out of 43  games at a guess .

We need get some winners in .

Tactics mate we never get after anyone. That’s on the manager 

Watched Newport today and whilst they have ended up losing 4 - 2, they have gone out holding their heads high, giving it a right go, working the keeper scoring 2, having 15 shots with 6 on target, every time we come up against a decent side, we give respect and play for a nil nil.  

2 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Watched Newport today and whilst they have ended up losing 4 - 2, they have gone out holding their heads high, giving it a right go, working the keeper scoring 2, having 15 shots with 6 on target, every time we come up against a decent side, we give respect and play for a nil nil.  

Spot on mate,all credit to them for taking an eleven v eleven approach,as opposed to us crapping it against Portsmouth,where are our guts,where is our fight? 

1 minute ago, Aguar61 said:

Spot on mate,all credit to them for taking an eleven v eleven approach,as opposed to us crapping it against Portsmouth,where are our guts,where is our fight? 

In a way that's what naffed me off the most 

We too accommodating 

Nothing horrible about us .

No blood on the shirts .

Nothing .

Archived