Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Advert

Gareth Ainsworth is the 4/1 
Bookies favourite at the moment 
Hopefully it becomes a reality 
And he's unveiled the Next Vale Manager
I would love it. However I can't see him wanting to work under Flitcroft and I can't see Flitcroft wanting his type of football. So probably won't happen.
Those odds don't come from any insider information. They come from a few people having a punt. Bookies odds mostly rely on money laid on.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

4 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

I don`t want to see another of the heroes from the 90`s getting slagged off and then being sacked after struggling with a smallish budget. 

Me neither, I suppose the difference with Ainsworth (can't decide if I think it would be a good appointment) is that he has had relative success with Wycombe and we desperately need that right now.

Firstly I'll admit I was genuinely gutted Crosby left, I genuinely thought he was the best option to keep us in the league this year.... not that it matters any more & nor does  my opinion. I do hope I'm wrong and the club has a plan that can keep us up this season... but hopefully not one that won't sacrifice the long term plan, and good efforts that have been put in.

I think the decisions Vale management must prioritize is the long term Sustainability of the club,  as this is more important than short term success.

I applaud the current regime for their victories in community outreach, for their social media efforts, for the efforts in building an academy that nurtures local talent and grants them chances in 1st team football. I also like the role of taking lads on loan if they have a good attitude, and it's done in balance with the core squad.

For me...t here's no rush to have instant success on the pitch, and I'd rather well thought decisions than panic buys and signings. I do believe we need to introduce some more experienced players for next season. Experienced players in the last few years of their playing years, who can still graft on the pitch, but also take mentor roles, and possible future coach roles, football league veterans. 

Regarding the next manager... well... somewhere in between Darren Clarke and Andy Crosby is a type of manager that may actually be able to bring balance this club. One can but hope.

If I was the club, I wouldn't write off interviewing people with the option of starting at the end of the season...  Fresh start and that. If it's league 2 we have to build from again then so be it.

Good luck Port Vale FC.

Keep the faith

5 hours ago, bycars rob said:

I don`t want to see another of the heroes from the 90`s getting slagged off and then being sacked after struggling with a smallish budget. 

Difference being what ex vale players we’ve had as manager in the past either had no experience or poor standard of managerial experience likes of aspin, glover, brown etc completely not the case with wild thing 

4 minutes ago, Connolly said:

Firstly I'll admit I was genuinely gutted Crosby left, I genuinely thought he was the best option to keep us in the league this year....not that it matters any more not does my opinion, I hope I'm wrong and the club has a plan that can keep us up this season, but hopefully not one that will sacrifice the long term plan, and good efforts that have been put in.

I think the decisions Vale management must prioritize is the long term Sustainability of the club,  as this is more important than short term success.

I applaud the current regime for their victories in community outreach, for their social media efforts, for the efforts in building an academy that nurtures local talent and grants them chances in 1st team football. I also like the role of taking lads on loan if they have a good attitude, and it's done in balance with the core squad.

For me...t here's no rush to have instant success on the pitch, and I'd rather well thought decisions than panic buys and signings. I do believe we need to introduce some more experienced players for next season. Experienced players in the last few years of their playing years, who can still graft on the pitch, but also take mentor roles, and possible future coach roles, football league veterans. 

Regarding the next manager... well... somewhere in between Darren Clarke and Andy Crosby is a type of manager that may actually be able to bring balance this club. One can but hope.

If I was the club, I wouldn't write off interviewing people with the option of starting at the end of the season...  Fresh start and that. If it's league 2 we have to build from again then so be it.

Good luck Port Vale FC.

Keep the faith

All well and good but having enjoyed a rare promotion why smash the whole thing up for want of a few signings.  All the things you’ve outlined we could have and be stable on the pitch.  What’s the point in building your house without foundations?  The foundations of a football club is actually the team not the other stuff.  This fact seems to have become obscure to the hierarchy who’ve been blindsided by all the backslapping for their good work off the field.  Port Vale is a FOOTBALL club.  Yes, you can use it as a vehicle for other things, the wider community for example, but primarily it is there for it’s fans.

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Difference being what ex vale players we’ve had as manager in the past either had no experience or poor standard of managerial experience likes of aspin, glover, brown etc completely not the case with wild thing 

There is no difference.  The odds are that the next manager is likely to fail, it’s just a matter of how long it takes.  Just occasionally a manager is successful, and on the back of that leaves for bigger things, but this is very rare and would be a very short list in our case.  The only thing an ex player gives is a bit of cosy affinity which buys them a bit more patience from the fans.

4 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

There is no difference.  The odds are that the next manager is likely to fail, it’s just a matter of how long it takes.  Just occasionally a manager is successful, and on the back of that leaves for bigger things, but this is very rare and would be a very short list in our case.  The only thing an ex player gives is a bit of cosy affinity which buys them a bit more patience from the fans.

So there’s no difference in Gareth compared to brown, aspin & glover? Come off it ffs he’s a proven manager unlike the rest who ended up non league 😂 he had 12 pretty successful years with Wycombe on a average budget which included a promotion out of this league 🤦‍♂️ 

Archived