onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

56 minutes ago, Matlock Vale said:

We aren't expected to stay up. Our budget says we aren't expected to stay up. If we stay up, that's brill. If we still have a clu I 5, 10 years that's brill. Under Smurthwaite, we were I real danger.

14th is pretty decent, but let's not rewrite history and say we weren't expected to stay up. We were.

Advert

4 hours ago, MelbourneValiant said:

Its less than this time last season, so we have definately gone backwards. We had a fortunate period early in the season which yielded 12 points, maybe you are oblivious to this. 

If you are happy then great.

Another fortunate period just now that's yielded 10 points in 5 games. 

On 26/12/2023 at 18:09, Walka003 said:

..There's no way someone could be so consistently wrong on every subject and keep coming back unless they were getting paid for.

Well - clearly nobody is paying for your being consistently wrong on every subject - and yet here you are...plank!

On 26/12/2023 at 18:13, JoeB2 said:

You interview him alongside all the other candidates and make a decision. I’m not bothered if Andy Crosby felt that Andy Crosby was ready or not.

Nahh...I'd stick with my philosophy of continuity - which many clubs would prefer - than the disruptive one of bringing in new management staff, with no guarantee of success.

On 26/12/2023 at 18:14, eh up nah said:

This "fan" is a season ticket holder of 35 years mate.  I'd hope you'd respect that.

Where have I taken the piss and which part of my post were inaccurate?

This isn't simply about today.  If it was a blip, I'd have come away thinking it was one of those days.

How many games have we won in the last 12 months?

Why do you think Andy Crosby is a decent manager and should be managing Port Vale?

"You do realise we lost don't you?..."

"It's a lot easier to get on the front foot and take it to a team that's 3 nil up and don't need to do anything other than sot there and let the opposition play in front of them."

"We had chances second half, granted, but the damage was done and it would have taken a colossal effort to get anything from the game."

Well - "maybe taking the piss" was a bit strong...unnecessarily scathing, perhaps?

As for your pedigree as a Vale fan - I would have no way of knowing that, previously, so couldn't be expected to respect that...nor you my 60 years as a Vale fan?

It would not have taken a monumental effort - just one of the chances we made to have sneaked in rather than flew over the crossbar.

I have never said he was a decent manager...I couldn't have known that...but that he deserved the chance to show whether he was? 

On 26/12/2023 at 18:29, philpvfc said:

Doing a very good job at Barrow. One of the favourites to go down, team playing well, no way near going down with a much smaller budget than nearly all the other teams in the division. Great prospect.

But all in a League lower than us...and, as we were often told during our survival, last year, a lot easier League than League 1. 

On 26/12/2023 at 18:34, Doha said:

You're absolutely right. We should stick to what we know. 10 points out of the last 45, P15 W2 is brilliant.

There is no guarantee that changing the manager, at any time, let alone mid-season, would be the answer - it's always a gamble! However, stats...like anything else...can be used in different ways, as P5 W3 D1 L1 and10 points out of the last 15 available, shows!

28 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

You were a big fan of Dean Glover being the Port Vale manager then?

Different scenario, as you know.  Glover was an ex player, appointed for that reason. AC has many years experience as a number two, and piloted a very successful period in helping the Club to promotion.  That's the continuity bit. 

On 26/12/2023 at 18:43, valefan79 said:

"Are you for real, won 4 of his 9 games in charge at Oldham, left for personal reasons, did a very good job on a small budget at Halifax and not setting the world on fire?"...

Everyone can see Crosby is out of his depth, we should be actively looking at managers now and do what Forest have done and have a replacement lined up.

"Am I for real"...for having a different opinion than you? Yes! And, clearly, not everybody can see AC is out of his depth...just those vocal minority...some of whom will have changed their opinion after yesterday's excellent result against a side well above us in the table? 

On 26/12/2023 at 19:20, Brian Johnson said:

the same Pete Wild thats just won 7 out of 8 games for Barrow. Got them 4th in the league on a show string budget and whose got a 44.73% win ratio?

Like somebody said, you are either employed by the club, related to Andy Crosby or just utterly clueless. I know which one I'm going with

Again...in a lower League, and a much easier League than ours...according to the vocal minority predicting relegation last season!

And, to keep up your excellent, near -100% record of being wrong, whichever of those 3 options you pinned your opinion to, you would be completely wrong!

Archived