onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Nearly all league one clubs now try to play possession football, in fact can’t think of one that is very direct.

The answer to the question is what teams in League One always pass it back to their keeper.

Was their not a stat before christmas that Ripley had more touches of the ball than any other player in League One?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 21/01/2024 at 00:42, LancyTony said:

It doesn't send out any kind of message, when so many other teams do it, as well!

Can you or anyone else posting on here name me one match where you have seen the opposition player at kick off pass it pack to his keeper.

How can you possibly say many other teams do it!

Maybe I was already 😴

2 hours ago, JRC said:

I suspect you are right. Jensen Weir played more as a 10 or an 8 last season. He may well play higher, with Gore (if he signs) playing deeper. Hopefully Ojo will also be back next weekend. 

I want to sign Alexis Mac Allister from Liverpool. World Cup winner of course. But he gave a master class in holding midfield distribution yesterday at Bournemouth. Whoever plays there for us the next few weeks should watch the game yesterday. 

53 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

The answer to the question is what teams in League One always pass it back to their keeper.

Was their not a stat before christmas that Ripley had more touches of the ball than any other player in League One?

He comes quiet far out though most of the time. Frees up someone at the back to move into a position to try help start an attack.basically you get an extra man to attack rather than stay at the back. not a bad thing. Pretty basic stuf 

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, rayzer said:

I would like to think we could make a cheeky bid for Harry Cardwell at Southend. I think he could be a late developer like Paul Mullin. He is a six feet three centre forward who has scored twelve goals this season.

I cant see us bringing in a similar sized players to Loft and Uche,i think it will be your smaller,quicker poacher type(like a Harrat type)

It seems that Bristol City have paid around 250k for Stokes at Aldershot and then loaned him back

On 21/01/2024 at 14:34, Osh said:

Every time I listen to the coverage I hear managers respecting as we're so difficult to play against. Granted, they might just be being polite but I don't think so. Being a scrapping, ugly team to play against is one thing, but being good at playing football and moving things aroun (as well as being hard to breakdown/beat) is far better. Just my humble opinion. 

I'm rather pleased and encouraged about what we're becoming. 

If we are good at playing football and lose surely it means the opposition are better than us at playing football.

If a Manager comes on and says we are an awful team to have to play against (Evans's Stevenage style) surely that means we have played ugly and won?

I know which I prefer.

Surely we have to have a Plan B where we have the players capable of switching to 'ugly' when tippy tappy ain't working!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 18/01/2024 at 15:23, smithie said:

Well I'm assuming the painting of every stand roof, seating the Lorne St, work on the pitch and everything else mentioned didn't come free unless you know otherwise?   

Not free but you said millions!

• Confused 1