onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

That's fair enough mate. I praised him for two outstanding tackles v Wigan in injury time where he proper bust a gut. Also looked ok in a cameo v Blackpool ( have to take into account we were 3 up ).

However other than that my personal opinion is he's looked lazy and disinterested. 

If he showed the commitment he did v Wigan fans get behind that. He's a Division 3 player so has many faults. We accept that. Won't we won't accept is a lazy attitude. That to me is how he's come across. 

Needs to show more desire to get in the box instead of ambling around and then the fans will be on board when he gets subbed off because he's cream crackered. 

I agree. I think he has more to offer but if you were getting booed by your own fans how would you feel I don't think people know how psychological football can be.

• Like 6

Advert

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

If we lose Uche and Wilson gets injured (both likely), plus the fact we have let Thomas go back, does that make us entirely reliable on Loft upfront?

How many points are we off relegation?

Thomas was recalled by Swansea, due to his injury issues which have developed into long term.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mbycars said:

Thomas was recalled by Swansea, due to his injury issues which have developed into long term.

you don't honestly believe that do you? Load of bollox that mate he just wasn't fancied & got bombed out 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Agree. The booing of both him and Massey is shameful and pathetic. 

Look at massey now he's doing an alright job. But why would a player like massey or loft want to stay after that. Vale fans need to improve there attitude and get behind the players that are having a hard time. There is a reason ollie and alfie enjoyed we got behind them because they are brilliant to watch. Players like loft or massey sometimes need time.  

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Look at massey now he's doing an alright job. But why would a player like massey or loft want to stay after that. Vale fans need to improve there attitude and get behind the players that are having a hard time. There is a reason ollie and alfie enjoyed we got behind them because they are brilliant to watch. Players like loft or massey sometimes need time.  

i agree about booing players entering the pitch it's ridiculous, but don't you think massey has had enough time??? 

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

People don't understand how dangerouse uche would be in this league once he's sorted out his shooting. We've all seen some of the rockets he's tried to put towards the net. A bit more practice and he's one of the best forwards in the league.

Practice! he's nearly 29. How much more time does he need. At this rate he will be a grandad before he can hit the target.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Vtid said:

i agree about booing players entering the pitch it's ridiculous, but don't you think massey has had enough time??? 

Massey has had the time now and is doing his job alright. I was using him as an example of what could happen to loft. Have a horrible first season due to playing badly and fans. And then in the second season play some good football. I'm hoping loft will start playing well sooner but I can't see that with him not getting much game time.

4 minutes ago, mbycars said:

Practice! he's nearly 29. How much more time does he need. At this rate he will be a grandad before he can hit the target.😁

Even if his shooting doesn't improve put him with a reliable goal scorer and see what happens.

• Like 1

This Jake Young rumour seems to have gained some noise the past 24 hours for some reason. Has somebody claimed to be in the know?

I'd be very surprised if he ends up with us based on the fee Bradford are supposedly asking. Very very surprised. 

The Dale Taylor one is more likely for me, we were definitely in for him over the summer & although he's done okay, he might want to move back closer to home. He also knows Crosby from the under 21s.

Seems like Uche is a done deal. As I've said before, if we've made 100K from that deal then massive kudos to the recruitment team for basically generating money out of thin air.

I thought Crosby's interview yesterday was very telling when he said there have been enquiries for a number of our players. I'm not doom mongering but you'd have to think that Garrity is right at the top of that list based on his goals & performances. I wouldn't be at all surprised if teams have enquired about Chislett as well. His goals & assists have been really impressive after moving up to this level. Let's hope we can keep hold of both until next season.

Next couple of weeks should be interesting. I'd expect us to be quite busy in the market with both ins & outs.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

Massey has had the time now and is doing his job alright. I was using him as an example of what could happen to loft. Have a horrible first season due to playing badly and fans. And then in the second season play some good football. I'm hoping loft will start playing well sooner but I can't see that with him not getting much game time.

Massey has had about 4 good games in 2/3 years i'd be getting rid of him myself. Don't get me wrong he looks a better player this year under crosby than he ever did under Clarke so fair play to all involved for that but he needs to be more consistent to win me over i'm afraid & can't see it 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vtid said:

you don't honestly believe that do you? Load of bollox that mate he just wasn't fancied & got bombed out 

I've not seen any evidence to the contrary. Has he been loaned out to another club , No.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Massey has had about 4 good games in 2/3 years i'd be getting rid of him myself. Don't get me wrong he looks a better player this year under crosby than he ever did under Clarke so fair play to all involved for that but he needs to be more consistent to win me over i'm afraid & can't see it 

2/3 years, he's only been here 18 months 😂

• Haha 2