onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

football league meeting thoughts and updates

steve boomer

That's a bit harsh.

Let's not forget the best bid was from the Icelanders who wanted to merge us with Stoke. Bob Young went to court to prevent that happening. Unfortunately (and I say that with hindsight), the next best bid was V2001. No-one was saying the decision that Young made would screw the club at that time, as far as I remember.

In short, Bob Young cannot and should not be held accountable for the failings of V2001.

As far as Keith Ryder's takeover goes, if it is a few days late it won't make that much of a difference. If it gets beyond that, into weeks, and no statement is coming from the club, then I'll be very concerned.

im already very concerned and so are many other fans. no information from the club is just making things worse. if theres something wrong with ryders bid its bob youngs fault there were other bids and he chose that 1.

Advert

Might I suggest that Mr Ryder (the Club or Administrators) make a statement TODAY.

I am sick and tired of incompetance in and around this club.

Perhaps July was the date all along?

I have parted with £544 in good faith.

We need answers and I believe we are entitled to know.

You wouldn't pay up front for a holiday would you and not know where you are going, staying or when you go - would you?

totally agree if the deals ok why not come out and say???

im already very concerned and so are many other fans. no information from the club is just making things worse. if theres something wrong with ryders bid its bob youngs fault there were other bids and he chose that 1.

The problem is that it is all speculation right now. Panic without any facts. We do not know whether anything is seriously wrong with the bid, or minor clarifications are needed here and there.

However, I do hope that a statement is issued, particularly if potential signings are looking elsewhere. As the rumour mill is again in full swing, a statement would make sense to hopefully allay any fears.

The problem is that it is all speculation right now. Panic without any facts. We do not know whether anything is seriously wrong with the bid, or minor clarifications are needed here and there.

However, I do hope that a statement is issued, particularly if potential signings are looking elsewhere. As the rumour mill is again in full swing, a statement would make sense to hopefully allay any fears.

a statement is needed urgently

According to our good friend Martin Tideswell "Pete W (SC Chair) is in constant contact with KR and the admins. But we are not in the habit of putting out press releases every time someone sneezes or because half a dozen people get their knickers in a twist."

Constant contact about what?

The SC has to recognise that there are many more than 6 getting worried.

Thinking about it the report on RS said the FL are waiting for info from the club not KR not the administrators the club.Now that would be down to incompetence if they are STILL waiting.So who could that be?

Thinking about it the report on RS said the FL are waiting for info from the club not KR not the administrators the club.Now that would be down to incompetence if they are STILL waiting.So who could that be?

It says this in the Sentinel report:

"The Football League Board requested further information from the prospective new owner and administrators at Port Vale at their last meeting on May 30.

"The Football League continues to await a response to the request, and discussions with the administrator and prospective owner are ongoing."

If the FA are waiting certain paper work I can't see it being resolved untill such time they have received the paper work,no decision will be made, so come on let's get cracking and get this sorted,it would be nice if some sort of excuse was made for the delay but nothing is coming from the club, which in the past was bad news I just hope to god everything is ok,I don't think I can take more excuses.

That is exactly what the SC needed to do and say and thanks to them for that. My interpretation is that this contract with the council is the sticking point. Until the FL have that no meeting can be arranged. But it is good that KR has made a statement through the SC. Now how about Begsbie Traynor making one, too, for their part in negotiating with the council (as rightly called for in RobF's piece today)?

Archived