onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Collins off to Barsnley

Guest Mart750

I'm glad some people are keeping their heads while all others are losing theirs! Some total over the top moanings going on.

Let's put it simply, a Championship club, have offered the chance for a young League 2 player to move to them. It doesn't matter if we are in admin, top the league or bottom, he is most likely to go.

We've also seemed to have coped for a large majority of the season without him and ended up just outside the play offs without the 10 point deduction.

Anyone would think we'd gone 8 games without a win recently, not 8 undefeated! 1 defeat and all of a sudden we're relegation fodder, get some perspective!

Well said!! Up the vale!!

Advert

I'm glad some people are keeping their heads while all others are losing theirs! Some total over the top moanings going on.

Let's put it simply, a Championship club, have offered the chance for a young League 2 player to move to them. It doesn't matter if we are in admin, top the league or bottom, he is most likely to go.

We've also seemed to have coped for a large majority of the season without him and ended up just outside the play offs without the 10 point deduction.

Anyone would think we'd gone 8 games without a win recently, not 8 undefeated! 1 defeat and all of a sudden we're relegation fodder, get some perspective!

Give that man a waggon wheel- spot on

Shame to see him go but for this season and last season he hasn't really played well in my opinion, although that said he obviously isn't a left back which is where he played a lot.

If he hits the heights of his 1st season then I think he can cut it at that level.

Best of luck Lee, you've been a good servant to the club.

Like AndyR says, I'm more annoyed at the fact that Young stated clearly that no players would be leaving, then the next day one of the best players is packing his bags. Why state so abundantly and ease the fans minds only to reverse the pledge a matter of hours later?

Shame to see him go but for this season and last season he hasn't really played well in my opinion, although that said he obviously isn't a left back which is where he played a lot.

If he hits the heights of his 1st season then I think he can cut it at that level.

Best of luck Lee, you've been a good servant to the club.

I can't see him making it in the Championship but good luck to him.

Lee quality player, honest professional, I wish him well.

Just another one of our 'better' players moving on, sign of the times for the last 9 years unfortunately

Probably receive a ludicrous fee, as per...

Perhaps we should change our name to Crewe Alex or Crawley Town rather than be ripped off - another legacy of V2001

Like AndyR says, I'm more annoyed at the fact that Young stated clearly that no players would be leaving, then the next day one of the best players is packing his bags. Why state so abundantly and ease the fans minds only to reverse the pledge a matter of hours later?

Did he not say say that no players would be released- this is a legitimate offer

Given that the bottom 4 teams are averaging less than 1 point per game and none of them have shown any inprovement in form recently, i feel that it is more likely that 46 points will be enough to survive, especially with the goal difference we have.

If we are unable to pick up a further 3 points given the home games we have, maybe it is better that we do drop into the conference.

In my opinion rather than worrying about relegation, i believe we will end up closer to the playoffs wondering what might have been without the 10 point deduction.

Bottom line is we are a selling club in or out of admin so really this would be expected regardless. Its now upto Bob Young to make sure we are getting value for money for the fee and this like fees for the past 10 years will go on running costs

Been a good servant to the club, hasn't played much this season, and we might get a small fee.

Not bad business, and good luck to the lad.

I'm sure we'll manage without him, and get the neccessary points to be safe by the end of Easter.

If we can pay off Haldane and a couple of the 'Hoddle kids' then the books will be balanced.

Time for common sense rather than hysterics.

Archived