onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter Tickets

ladymedina

Advert

11 minutes ago, fred binneys head said:

We brought 1,000 in the Autoglass semi-final in the early 90’s and what a bundle when Danny Bailey equalised with a 30 yarder. Shame you got the draw you needed at our place, meant we never went to the old Wembley.

There is always this season,  the New Wembley is far better, but without the history

36 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

It's Swindon that are massive if we were both playing them this season they would sell 5000 tickets in 2 minutes and the car park would be sold out in 5 minutes too. 

I can't remember Exeter ever bringing anymore than 350 to vale but alot of the meetings have been night matches. I can remember a night match at Exeter in 2009 when vale took about 90 and lost 1 nil against 10 men. I was listening to it on the radio and Dave brammer had a shot from the half way line and I thought <ovf censored> this <ovf censored> turned it off and went the pub.

That was the game when Dean Glover selected a 4-6 formation with no strikers!

2 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

He must be pissing in the wind to expect vale take 600 to 700 to Exeter. Be 450 tops for a game we usually only take 200 odd too. I know quite a few people who have just brought a ticket to get the loyalty points but won't even bother going the game. 

Can you let me know who, could do with a free ticket.  Cheers😶

1 hour ago, fred binneys head said:

I agree that £27 to sit and watch League 1 football does sound a lot, and is a lot. As you say though, we are a fan owned club, we have no debt, no overdraft, no wealthy benefactor to help out when needed, every bit of income is derived from the product on the pitch, either directly or indirectly.

We do have an exceptional academy that year on year continues to produce players for the first team and some that are sold on to fund the operations of the club, including the current upgrading our training ground (Ollie Watkins being the most well known, but there are lots of others - Dean Moxey, Matt Grimes, Ryan Harley, Christy Pym, Jordan Moore-Taylor, Jordan Storey, Jordan Tillson, Joel Randall, etc). But that money soon runs out, so we have to run the club as profitably as possible. The Supporters Trust puts about £100k a year in, which wouldn’t touch the sides at most clubs.

So, I’m sorry if some of you aren’t travelling on Saturday due to the cost, but we have to pitch it at the right level that we believe maximises revenue otherwise we won’t survive.

I completely understand that. Fans will vote with their feet one way or the other.

Archived