onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Walsall go American

31 minutes ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan here.

You’ll know the feeling and justifiably be feeling quite chuffed if not a little smug in how you have come through the other side of similar times.  Fair play.

I don't think any Vale fan feels smug, extremely grateful and blessed that the Shananhan family saved us from certain oblivion.

If there is any smugness then it's down to Walsall beating us twice last season, if we had managed one victory against you we wouldn't have experienced a wonderful day out and success at Wembley, so from a grateful valiant Thank You  !

Advert

1 hour ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan here.

Been interesting to see your take.  Some interesting insight and thought.

The positivity you see from us lot is really a glimmer of hope that this arrangement enables an escape from the stranglehold of paying an escalating rent bill which completely undermines our ability to compete.  We’d have preferred our own “Carol” but Walsall, like Burslem, isn’t blessed with too many multi millionaires who love their local football club enough to give it a proper go.

Trivela are saying all the right things.  That’s quite easy.  Fast forwarding 24 months would be very interesting.  You feel it will go one way or another.  Given our desperate decline over the last half decade most of us are happy to flip the coin just now.  You’ll know the feeling and justifiably be feeling quite chuffed if not a little smug in how you have come through the other side of similar times.  Fair play.

Hopefully it works out for Walsall though not too much 😉 Certainly wouldn't wish any financial ill on your club. I suppose on the positive side your club was going nowhere fast with Pomlett. That guy is/was a complete clown and to be honest I'm not sure why they're keeping him around for four years if I understand correctly? From the perspective of running a football club I don't think he brings anything to the table. And that's without mentioning his YouTube videos such as the laughable one he did when DC joined us. Bringing the ground under club ownership is also a good thing though so long as it's protected.

Suppose it's just a case of being cautious. Usually if things sound too good to be true it's because they are but only time will tell. Good luck.

9 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

Suppose it's just a case of being cautious. Usually if things sound too good to be true it's because they are but only time will tell. Good luck.

Seconded. The thing that concerns me is when they talk about the importance of 'the real-estate side' and pursuing 'the reunification of the club with the freehold'. If it means the ground being back under the club's control, to add new revenue streams, make improvements, no longer being beholden to the old owner, etc., then that's all well and good, but my concern is that it sounds more like they want control of both under the same umbrella, which would enable them to do what they want with the 'real estate'. 

The newly established company with a 'borrowed' logo, the entire assets of the company being a $2.9m funding call from a couple of weeks ago with 18 investors (according to the SEC filing, can't see if said investors are named anywhere), football (MLS) guy on the board but not seen anything of him so far, with the existing (slightly iffy) Chairman left in charge? Something smells a little off to me.

Like Guppy's, hope I'm wrong, got no enmity towards your lot now we're in a different division and you can't beat us twice next year(!), but we've travelled this road a few times before and it's generally been a dead end. 

Archived