onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Radio Stoke Now

blackdog

Petes people on now ...........Mike Tappin, a bloke from Vast and a mature student who reckon the Vale should fold, the guy from Vast reckons it would take 90 million to turn a club round like Vale so they could compete with Stoke, Tappin said he voted against the original loan and got censured by the labour group he said his fears were V2001 were not fit fit people to run the club.

The mature student said she disliked football and they were all overpaid and there was no point to the game !!!

They are saying the money should have gone to Remploy

Not much support for us there then

Advert

Petes people on now ...........Mike Tappin, a bloke from Vast and a mature student who reckon the Vale should fold, the guy from Vast reckons it would take 90 million to turn a club round like Vale so they could compete with Stoke, Tappin said he voted against the original loan and got censured by the labour group he said his fears were V2001 were not fit fit people to run the club.

The mature student said she disliked football and they were all overpaid and there was no point to the game !!!

They are saying the money should have gone to Remploy

Not much support for us there then

Thats convenient - If we did fold, as she does witsh, how many people would lose there jobs then???

It's very difficult to argue against that point of view given that we took an incredible amount of money, struggled and failed to pay it back and then received a further 33% of the balance outstanding whilst SOT City Council are one of very few to increase council tax payments and are hacking back key services left right and centre.

I know if my local council did that for a local football club that had failed yet again I wouldn't be best pleased.

All we can do now is appoint the right new owner for the long term that won't decimate the club like the previous board has done for the last 9 years and has a sustainable business plan that will make repaying the loan and ensuring we don't need another a success.

By its nature this site is going to be very biased towards a pro Vale view.

there will always be people in SOT that do not believe this is money well spent by the council and their view should be respected

the best Vale and the fans can do is now prove that the council made the right decision and that Vale can offer something back to the whole area not just the football supporters

there will always be people in SOT that do not believe this is money well spent by the council and their view should be respected

the best Vale and the fans can do is now prove that the council made the right decision and that Vale can offer something back to the whole area not just the football supporters

lets role on to the championship :)

Yes they would, they would just take the ground. Make no mistake this is a truly magnificent gesture by the council.

I thought all footballing bills come first before any tax or council loan bill. I thought that was the part reason why the council have bailed us out.

I thought all footballing bills come first before any tax or council loan bill. I thought that was the part reason why the council have bailed us out.

The loan is a mortgage so they are a secured creditor.

That means they come before the Gibraltan loan, HMRC and all other non-secured creditors.

The football creditor rule only applies if the club survives, if it dies the players wouldn't get their money as per Gordon Taylor's recent quotes I think.

However there would still be enough in the value of the ground to pay football creditors and the council's £1.8 million.

There are those on OVF and on the terraces whose wives/husbands/family are/will be made redundant by this council and they will feel the sharp end of a double edged sword.

Although as a Vale Fan I thank the council from the bottom of my heart, that will not put bread onto my table, and as a Council Tax Payer, that's difficult to stomach (pardon the pun).

Archived