onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maybe its time to end SEO.

Torquay Valiant

You don't know what you are talking about 'Stokie in Stafford'.....Follow your local team Stafford Rangers.

You moan about the players not getting paid or having the cash for petrol yet you won't go and support them??? You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. You would prob get more Stokies than Vale there tomorrow. Get down there and get ya 20 quids out and support your team. The powers that be will take care of the crooks at the top.

Advert

Yet some of your fans are happy for Stoke or any other fans to come and help you out but won't help yourselves. SEO is part of the reason you are where you are. If you won't help yourselves then you are on your own!

You've missed a MASSIVE point.

It's not achieved its aim yet. As soon as it does the fans will return.

Your suggestion is akin to saying that we should have left Germany to it's own devices towards the end of the 2nd World War when it was still fighting!

The gestures of support from opposing teams fans are great and warmly appreciated but they have been offered and NOT requested.

You moan about the players not getting paid or having the cash for petrol yet you won't go and support them??? You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. You would prob get more Stokies than Vale there tomorrow. Get down there and get ya 20 quids out and support your team. The powers that be will take care of the crooks at the top.

I take it you are going tomorrow then?

If admin hasn't happened by then are you happy to line the pockets of men that have actively tried to kill a 136 year old football club?

Yet some of your fans are happy for Stoke or any other fans to come and help you out but won't help yourselves. SEO is part of the reason you are where you are. If you won't help yourselves then you are on your own!

You need to get your facts right my friend, we are where we are because of this board and not SEO, and until they go, I for one will not attend, and regards your help, my fellow valeites may not mind, but the day i ask a sjoke fan to stand next to me will be the day I take my last breath

Players need paying and the club is now in a dangerously financial state. Time to pick up the pieces and pay to attend the matches.

Tuesday night will be my first visit this season because the current situation worries me and I think Port Vale has been starved too much.

Players need paying and the club is now in a dangerously financial state. Time to pick up the pieces and pay to attend the matches.

Tuesday night will be my first visit this season because the current situation worries me and I think Port Vale has been starved too much.

we are to close to the goal to start to fall apart now. when there gone we go back its that simple:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

I can see both sides of this argument, on one side untill those in charge have officially gone they don't trust there money will be put to good use and they fear they might just hang in there for a little longer, on the other hand I think things have now gone to far for them to get this back and my worry is that we don't have enough finances to run day to day, a decent gate on Tuesday might just buy us some time once admin arrives and it show's everybody (manager/players/media/possible buyers) that Vale has potential and a future!

I guess it's up for people to make there own mind up on this one! However I feel the players/management deserve our support.

Couple of things i wanted to say.

Firstly if we are so close to Admin, then why did Mike LLoyd turn up yesterday? He would be gone from the Club straight away so i can't see why he came to the meeting.

I think he may be trying to wriggle his way out of this mess as he knows they are possibly going to cling on?

On the other side of it, Martin Tideswell to me, seemed pretty sure we would go into Admin as he kept saying the next 48 hours are crucial etc...

I still expect to go in today or tomorrow.

Couple of things i wanted to say.

Firstly if we are so close to Admin, then why did Mike LLoyd turn up yesterday? He would be gone from the Club straight away so i can't see why he came to the meeting.

I think he may be trying to wriggle his way out of this mess as he knows they are possibly going to cling on?

On the other side of it, Martin Tideswell to me, seemed pretty sure we would go into Admin as he kept saying the next 48 hours are crucial etc...

I still expect to go in today or tomorrow.

I hope the council realise the significance of making an announcement in good time prior to tomorrows game.

SEO has worked, the club are financially crippled. Admin is perhaps a few hours away.

If you are not there tomorrow to support the club then you are not acting in the best interests of PVFC. Now is the time to show the administrators, potential owners/investors/sponsors the potential there is at Vale. Too many people think admin is an easy option and Mo is just waiting to rescue us - don't be as naiive as I was to believe everything.

Don't let stubborness get the better of you, I admire people who have stood up for what they believe and it has had an impact. Don't now cut off your nose to spite your face otherwise none of us will have a team to support next season.

We have players not being paid, players that cannot afford to drive to training - how is continuing to support SEO helping us now?!

Something stinks, but i'm hoping it's just the lingering smell of the outgoing board, rather than something they are cooking up.

If the council want to maximise the income at VP and thus reduce their recovery package, then they would be best advised to make the announcement today.

If that board still has a hold on PVFC tomorrow, then the council may aswell be chucking money down the drain.

I've seen quite a few comments from Stoke fans along these lines, I even went onto the oatcake (why I'll never know) the other day and the lack of understanding on there is clear for all to see. There was one person on there however who spoke sense, Werrington. Seriously, to say SEO ers are the reason for the demise of the club, or in any way part of the reason, shows a complete lack of understanding of the situation and the facts.

I can understand as a supporter of another team you wont fully understand the facts, but before you comment and imply that our fans "need to take a long hard look at yourselves" is ignorant at best.

Look a few things up, and then come back and comment further, I'll help you out a bit;

1. Out of the last 8 seasons, where do you think this season's 4.5k average attendance ranks in terms of our highest?

2. Of the season's where our average attendance has been higher than it currently is, how did the club perform financially, did we make a profit or a loss? Take a wild guess.

3. In the season's where we averaged less than we currently do, was there such a thing as SEO? Were fans blamed for lack of investment, poor cashflow, lack of sponsorship etc etc?

4. Did SEO pay £22,000 to Peter Miller?

5. Did SEO employ Deakin on a huge salary?

6. Did SEO employ Micky Adams on a huge salary?

7. Did SEO budget for attendances higher than we've averaged for almost a decade?

8. Did SEO issue nil paid shares worth £500k to Blue Sky, Miller and Deakin?

I could go on forever, but at the end of the day it comes down to the fact that supporters are customers with no obligation to attend. Pre premiership years Stoke's attendances were a fraction of what the are now, were Stoke fans to blame for the club's demise into the third tier, the problems with Coates late 90's, the icelanders early 00's? No they weren't. But when they didn't like what was being served up as a product they made a choice that they are fully entitled to do, do I part with my money or not. A lot chose not to, and thats the same as what has been happening at the Vale.

Its not as black and white as it appears, so do not be under the impression that Vale fans are to blame for any of this, or took their decision to back SEO lightly. Vale fans who followed the club for decades decided enough is enough, do you realise how hard for people that was? Do you think they did it for a laugh or to destroy the club they love so much? They did it because they could see the people in charge were killing the club with their mismanagement, and SEO was a necessary step to ultimately save the club from the parasites destroying the club. Hopefully that time will soon be here, and when it is, just watch how those fans return. We'll be back, dont you worry about that.

I've been staunch in my SEO campaign all season, but I'm going tomorrow. I understand why some may not, but my personal view is that we've seen the end of this current board, one way or another. Having read the players "tweets" on Saturday praising the fans, particularly Paul Marshall who hasn't received a single pay packet from the club and who this morning "tweeted" about going to training and the match against Burton tomorrow, I think they deserve our support now. And for me this outweighs SEO.

Archived