onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maybe its time to end SEO.

Torquay Valiant

Advert

I've been SEO out all season. I have my reasons for doing this, as do many others on here. It hurts a lot as I just want to get back to going Vale Park to support the club I love. But I just can't justify giving money to these crooks, not to mention paying £20.50 on the gate, rip-off in the current economic climate.:mad:

I have instead directed my efforts into e-mailing the likes of Newcastle MP Paul Farrelly (to no avail admittedly), and have put a few quid into the Supporters Club fighting fund, which I think is a really good idea.:yes:

i accept that it will change IF we go into admin.

But what happens if we don't and/or the wrong group (ie Bratt) take control. Will SEO continue?

We should stop SEO no matter what, its done its job and brought things to a head.

If Bratt comes back, end of Port Vale for me and many more, and then the end of Port Vale for all.=========

You moan about the players not getting paid or having the cash for petrol yet you won't go and support them??? You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. You would prob get more Stokies than Vale there tomorrow. Get down there and get ya 20 quids out and support your team. The powers that be will take care of the crooks at the top.

Its the" powers that be" i.e. the board, that have wrecked the club. it the fans that are trying to change things. Only Admin can do that since they refuse to have AGM/EGMs=========

It does seem that no matter what anyone does they just will not disappear.

You get rid of Bratt, Miller/Deakin appear. Miller/Deakin are going its talk of Bratt coming back.

We seem to be awash with bad pennies.

I think the message has got across load and clear, we all know where everyone stands. And lets face it its a stand off.

I think you should end SEO, its not got widespread support, those that have voted on here are split 50/50.

The danger is that IF we are not successful in our aims and Bratt comes back (or the present regime survives in some form), and SEO continues the very real danger will be that Vale will disappear not them. Because, most definately, it is having an effect.

I think we should all unite as one and get behind The Vale, generally we are except for SEO.

=========

you dont get the SEO concept do you? We are behind the club, just not the board.

I've been staunch in my SEO campaign all season, but I'm going tomorrow. I understand why some may not, but my personal view is that we've seen the end of this current board, one way or another. Having read the players "tweets" on Saturday praising the fans, particularly Paul Marshall who hasn't received a single pay packet from the club and who this morning "tweeted" about going to training and the match against Burton tomorrow, I think they deserve our support now. And for me this outweighs SEO.

How can anyone argue with that?

Also, people who have supported SEO are now saying they accept no responsibility for the current stuation - you can't have it all ways!!!!

Yes, of course it's mainly the board's fault we're here, but you can't say that SEO isn't at all responsible - that's ******. If the club were to go into liquidation then I would certainly hold those who are still refusing to go to the games partly responsible. I respect your right not to attend up to this point, however, now the club is looking down the barrell you have absolutely no justification in not attending tomorrow.

I've been staunch in my SEO campaign all season, but I'm going tomorrow. I understand why some may not, but my personal view is that we've seen the end of this current board, one way or another. Having read the players "tweets" on Saturday praising the fans, particularly Paul Marshall who hasn't received a single pay packet from the club and who this morning "tweeted" about going to training and the match against Burton tomorrow, I think they deserve our support now. And for me this outweighs SEO.

Ditto - I'm off down the Vale tomorrow too. Programme, Pie, Something from the clubshop as well. This has to end. 1 set of gate receipts will not get the current board out of the mess, but it will help pay the players a bit of cash - They deserve it!

How can anyone argue with that?

Also, people who have supported SEO are now saying they accept no responsibility for the current stuation - you can't have it all ways!!!!

Yes, of course it's mainly the board's fault we're here, but you can't say that SEO isn't at all responsible - that's ******. If the club were to go into liquidation then I would certainly hold those who are still refusing to go to the games partly responsible. I respect your right not to attend up to this point, however, now the club is looking down the barrell you have absolutely no justification in not attending tomorrow.

I still stand by my view that SEO is not responsible. If the club were to go into liquidation, I would hold only the board past and present, responsible. In no way can a disenfranchised customer be held responsible for poor mis-management by a companies board of directors and a failure to listen their customer base.

I still stand by my view that SEO is not responsible. If the club were to go into liquidation, I would hold only the board past and present, responsible. In no way can a disenfranchised customer be held responsible for poor mis-management by a companies board of directors and a failure to listen their customer base.

Agreed, SEO isn't fully responsible, but it has got to be partly responsible. This was the aim of SEO wasn't it?

I take your point about disenfranchised customers, speaking as one of them. However, football is a different business than any other and the customers have a different connection with the business than any other. For that reason I feel all supporters have a duty to do whatever they can now.

SEO isn't responsible. I will argue that SEO was acting responsibly by issuing the board with a warning of reduced income. They didn't heed it and even Mike Lloyd admitted that the financial issue at Vale is deep seated and really started once huge loans like the initial £1 million and the replacement £2.2 million from the Council needed to be serviced.

People look at the old pledge figures, but these are probably tainted. We don't know how many of those actually ended up buying their season tickets. We don't know how many have pledged to SEO but haven't been going for years anyway. We don't know how many were fake entries. But the crucial figure is we don't know the actual number that have continued to stay away starting this season.

In my view the board should have used historical evidence of the level of income, factoring in the extra costs of Miller etc,. Not one season do I see that they did this and even after there was clear discontent they put all their eggs in the Micky Adams basket and budgeted for higher average attendance than last year. Yet Mike Lloyd does not believe that is mismanagement.

Yet some of your fans are happy for Stoke or any other fans to come and help you out but won't help yourselves. SEO is part of the reason you are where you are. If you won't help yourselves then you are on your own!
I'm sorry mate but the SEO'ers simply dont trust this board. Until admin is announced the board are still in power and we dont expect anyone to back us until administration is confirmed. Then we all hope that the money floods in.

Torquay Valiant Bratt must be under no illusions that he is not wanted. Remember that it was this deceitful individual who brought all our problems on us. He is a walking disaster and shouldn't be allowed within a mile of Port Vale.======

Archived